forum

Error 0xc000007b after updating osu! [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
Why would you use the "old" files if there was potentially a problem? And why are you not using the installer?
Topic Starter
That's why I'm asking you what files that were updated, so I could check whether was this file "malfunctioned" that causes error.

I've tried using installer, then when I open it, it updates, and the problem came back.
peppy
What else have you got installed apart from osu!? Any other games that install XNA or similar frameworks? Does the osu! version from the installer work any better (skip the update by disconnecting your internet temporarily).
Topic Starter
Umm... I don't know, when I installed osu! I was connected to internet, and when I opened the osu!.exe, it opened normally (Yes, it opened normally, but before I update) After updating, the problem came back.

Okay, I believe this problem came from ONLY the osu!.exe, since when I replaced the faulty osu!.exe with old osu.exe (I only replaced osu!.exe, I didn't replace anything else) and open it with internet disconnected, everything runs fine.

So, there's a simple solution which could be made:
If I didn't update the osu!.exe,
or
Automatic updates could be turned off,

everything should run fine. And I can play osu! online.

If there's a way to turn off automatic updates, this problem will surely be solved earlier.
peppy
It's strange that you're the only one seeing this problem. Can you try the test build (even though you won't be able to login) and see if it works any better?
Topic Starter
The test build works fine. No problem at all.
(but since I'm not a supporter, I can't play, edit, or doing anything there)

Yeah, it's totally weird. I know there's something faulty, something that I couldn't fix in my computer, but what?

And I can't turn off automatic updates, can I?
peppy
I'll be releasing a new public version very soon. Until then, please try deleting "osu!framework.dll" and see if that helps.
Topic Starter
Oh, thanks very much. I appreciate your help until now ^^

Hope that new public ver worked for me!

Again, thanks very much!
peppy
Does deleting the dll help?
Topic Starter
...no. You mean delete the dll then run osu!.exe? No.

Update it after deleting the dll? Not either.
peppy
Does forcing osu! to run in 32-bit help? (from compatibility settings)
Topic Starter
I run the compatibility troubleshooter and the first time they appear:

As you can see, I typed the location of the osu!.exe, then I press Next.

Then I click "Try recommended settings"

The troubleshooter apply Windows XP SP2 compatibility setting to the osu!.exe and I click "Start the Program"

The osu! window opened! I thought the solution worked, but wait a minute, this haven't finished yet...

Osu! said he's going to update, I waited 'till it finished updating... (PS the whole updating process was only "Downloading osu!.exe.zip")

It gave me the same error(the problem persists).
Topic Starter
Or there was something strange here...

inverness wrote:

As you can see, I typed the location of the osu!.exe, then I press Next.
Everytime I troubleshooted compatibility problem I never see this "enter the program file's location" dialog box thing.

And I tried moving the whole osu! file to another folder, it didn't gave me that dialog box, but when I click "Start the program" nothing happens, neither errors nor opened osu!.

... Seriously I'm curious about this ...
peppy
I'm wondering if that [] in the file path has anything to do with it. Have you tried moving your osu! install somewhere else?
Also you may need to force quit the osu! process (from task manager) if you are seeing nothing appear when you run osu!; it may have gotten stuck.
Topic Starter
Okay, I moved the whole osu! into another place (the updated osu!) and re-troubleshoot the osu!.exe.

It didn't gave me the dialogbox. The troubleshooter apply Win XP SP2 compatibility setting to the osu!.exe, I clicked "Start the Program", nothing happens. I checked the Processes tab in Task Manager, no osu! process listed.
I repeat above step several times, still nothing happens, still no osu! process listed.

Then the troubleshooter ask me whether to save the settings, i chose Yes.

When I run the osu!.exe normally (without via troubleshooter) it still gave me the same error.

Oh yeah, this p/1469383 actually telling that I troubleshoot THE OLD OSU!.EXE not the updated osu!.exe. So for now, ignore it.
Topic Starter
I just notice this in the Changelog page:

IMO, there's might be something 'incompatible with my computer' in that new framework. ***THIS IS JUST AN OPINION***, I don't even know which files/executables were affected by osu!framework, what files were working with it, what files related to it, etc. This is just my opinion, I didn't blame that osu!framework.

If this were wrong, then the problem is in the osu!.exe (Maybe, just maybe)
Topic Starter
EDIT:

He and him had encountered the same problem.

osuazhima-> the error occured after he updated his osu!.exe on local Wi-Fi connection, at McDonald's restaurant.

AzuchiMaru -> the error occured after he updated his osu!exe on LAN (wired) connection. Previously, his computer have been freshly reinstalled, without any other programs or games installed.

We're in a same school, but we encountered the problem on different situation, different place, and different time, which not stating that I'm the only one who faced this problem.
Topic Starter
OMG

I've tried the latest public release....

OMG IT WORKED!

OMG!

GOD THANKS!

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

i was so happy that I want to explode
peppy
Great to hear :).
Kurokami

inverness wrote:

SPOILER
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
This is creepy. I don't want to see this again. ._. It makes the forum ugly.
ashebell
this never ends already 1 year