forum

[New Rule] Max score should depend on the Difficulty of the

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Max score should depend on the Difficulty of the Map. There are some maps that have Hard Diffs at 14~18M. Do they really deserve that score? I believe not. Someone make me a better description. I can't think of a good one. D:
Kert
It happens because difficulty star priority system is not perfect
It needs to be updated with better jumps/streams/e.t.c. tracking..
Btw, I am currently slowly working on this :( If anyone wants to help me, just let me know!
ziin
put down [new rule] if you made it up.

No support. Why does this matter? I don't see the problem.

@Kert:
not sure if you posted in the right thread or what...
Mismagius
"Difficulty" is a pretty subjective aspect imho (and shouldn't even be related to score), and it shouldn't be treated as a rule. Even as a guideline this is pretty unnecessary.
Kert

ziin wrote:

@Kert:
I explained him that the rule isn't needed, and explained what needs to be changed
Natteke
This "rule" has no sense and point, burn it with fire
ziin

Kert wrote:

ziin wrote:

@Kert:
I explained him that the rule isn't needed, and explained what needs to be changed
If you ignore the star rating, a hard difficulty is still a hard difficulty. While the star rating if it were made to be accurate would provide a nice number for a "maximum score based on difficulty", it doesn't matter what the star rating is. We're discussing if a hard difficulty should have a limited score (like 10 million).
Shiirn
This would be extremely hard, if not impossible, to make a rule, due to the lengths and varying in difficulties between songs. Some songs are short and naturally more difficult, some are long and relatively simple. A rule about this is silly, ineffective, and a peashoot.
Kert
Ah, sorry. Misunderstood the suggestion. I thought (for some reason) it's something to do with Hards having more max score than Insanes
GigaClon
So are you saying there are maps where the hard maps have a higher max score than the insane map in the same set?
Shiirn

GigaClon wrote:

So are you saying there are maps where the hard maps have a higher max score than the insane map in the same set?
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

No, we're not?
Agnes

GigaClon wrote:

... Uhm... It would help if you read the thread carefully.
Mercurial

Shiirn wrote:

GigaClon wrote:

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

No, we're not?
That Answer again... HAHAHAHAHA.
HakuNoKaemi

GigaClon wrote:

It's not obvious?
The rule is actually talking about linking max score to map difficulty only ( and not to its ength ) and that's not needed, as only one max limit is more than good.
(Ah, it's not even considerable a "new" rule)