forum

Personal Notifications!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +75
Topic Starter
Natteke
Know that feel when you don't know someone modded your map or just replied in your map thread for hours or even days?

Instead of emailing why not add a notification for new replies in your maps' threads!

Example:

Bass
Support.
Rena-chan
Great idea \:D/

But what about showing which map thread(s) the reply/ies is/are in ?
Topic Starter
Natteke
Well, maybe when you click on that thing it will open a page with all the replies? Sort of like Inbox.
Aoko
Support. I WANT THIS.
F m L_old
Support, always wanted something like this
Suimya
support~
Galkan
Where are votes when you need tem? :-P This sounds pretty useful.
Lidan
Support~
Topic Starter
Natteke
Shiirn
You subscribe to your topics via email just as easily (heck, if you use hotmail/msn you even get a nice little pop-up!)
dkun
Even if I check my e-mail on the hourly, this would be very nice as it'll eliminate the need for osu! in my inbox (not that I don't want it or anything).

This seems like a step forward into mapping and mapper mentality with modding.
+support
Shohei Ohtani
That could also be used for map ranking notifications, kudosu giving notifications, and other important stuff.

I like it, and I've seen it work pretty well on other sites :>.

Supporting like a man.
theowest
It would eliminate this problem.

Shohei Ohtani
y u subscribe to every thread :>.
theowest

CDFA wrote:

y u subscribe to every thread :>.
because I want to see what people might reply. Like now for example, you asked me a question, I replied.
Topic Starter
Natteke

CDFA wrote:

That could also be used for map ranking notifications, kudosu giving notifications, and other important stuff.
This is a great idea, embedding to OP post.
Mercurial
Support.
ziin
So long as the "new posts" bug is fixed, I would appreciate a mainpage notification if a subscribed or bookmarked thread has new posts in it.
Topic Starter
Natteke
Ok, this is how I imagine it. A bit facebook-ish style though, but still it would be pretty useful!

show more