forum

Shrine Battle [Multiplayer Mode or Singleplayer CPU]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Alex311360
It's kinda like the game Taiko No Tatsujin DX. So here's how it basicly goes down.
There are 2 dons. (Could you make a don chooser *custom taiko characters) One to the left, and one to the right. There is also 2 armys of dons to the left and right, having shrines on top of them.

There's a meter that can fill up. Once filled, the little Taiko symbol in the center will light up either red (left army) or right (blue army). The don army will then attack the other shrine, pushing it.

Assists could also be used. Like Auto red notes, Auto blue notes, or just regular Auto. There are more too, like 2x Meter Fill up, Instant Meter Fill, a Music Disruptor (plays a song oblivious to the song, out of rhythm), and one that picks one at random.

Whichever shrine is closest (if it's closer to the right or left) to the other player's army, the player who got the shrine closest wins.

It's only a 2-Player game, but there is an option which you can add Assist-Dons that can actually help. Only 2 can be assigned to your team, so maybe, JUST maybe this could be a 6-Player game.

This idea just randomly popped out of my head, and thought it was a good idea. I think many Taiko fans would like this, and it would be fun to play.

Another thing that could be added on are Challenge Adders. You can add them, but they can really challenge you. Like HardRock, Music Disruptor to yourself, Flashlight, etc.
What do you think guys?
EDIT: Spaced all text so you can reed it better.
Frizz
You could turn that wall of text to be more readable.
Azure_Kite

Essentially, this, it starts around 00:38.

As you hit notes, a guage on the left hand side fills up, and when it reaches the centre, your army "attacks" knocking the other side away. The distance you knock them depends on the ratio of taikos in your army vs theirs, how often they're attacking, etc.

On the right hand side, the enemies' gauge fills up, and when it reaches the centre, the same thing happens. They attack the left side.

Whichever Team has gotten to the other side (not necessarily all the way, battles can be won by *just* entering the opponent's territory when the song finishes) wins.
Disease_old_1
i read multiplayer cpu and i was gonna go like

obviously cpu will win
Topic Starter
Alex311360
You should watch Azure_Kite's video. I think we could add challenges to give you more dons in your don army (Check the video where the top right and left is), like reach a certain combo, get a certain score, get a certain accuracy, that sort of thing.
Stefan
Throw Auto-Play. Take the Score. Beat it.
That's vs. CPU.
Topic Starter
Alex311360
What I mean by assists: These assists would last either for only a few seconds, a bit of time, or when it's used it's instantly gone. That sort of thing. Random will always try to make it last.
Topic Starter
Alex311360
And vs. CPU.. just look at the video above you.
And couldn't there be a ranking for Shrine Battle if this gets accepted?
Any other people who want to say anything about this?
Azure_Kite
Please, if you're the last person who posts, edit your previous post instead of making a new one.
MMzz
Eh