forum

[Rule] Stack leniency

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
Stack leniency must not be set to a point where stacking no longer occurs. The option only exists for advanced patterns where a higher stacking leniency looks horrible or doesn't work.
when stacking should occur? 1/4 streams are usually stacked with 0.1. You do need a better explanation... an Easier map with only only 1/1 and 2 (timeline distant) notes on the same point shouldn't obviously stack, so... stacking don't occurs to that point.... And so it's a bit vague.

I'd say like this it's more seeable:

Approach circles must not overlay eachother. The Automatic stacking (Stack Leniency) and Manually stacking exist to prevent this easily.
As the only reason about stacking notes is this... probably...
D33d
I don't see a problem with this. Stacking helps the player to read circles in the same place and they help Hidden players to read maps at all.
ziin
see sakura's post below
If your map is made up of primarily 1/2 notes, you must have 1/2 notes stacking. If your map is primarily 1/1 notes, you must have 1/1 notes stacking. Anything over that is okay, or you're on the wrong bpm/time signature. It's a vague rule, but one I agree with. Your wording is more confusing.

The important thing is to avoid non-stacked notes. These should be caught in modding. If someone is using 0.2 Stack, then the map must be combed for bad stacks. This rule can be subjective. Personally I think 0.7 stack is way too high, and if you're running into stacking troubles you are making maps that I would not enjoy playing, so I don't care.
Sakura
Your notes should stack if they are on top of each other on the editor in succession, a.k.a if the next note after a note is in the same spot then it should stack, if it goes somewhere else and back then stacking isn't necessary.
Topic Starter
HakuNoKaemi
then one answer come...
why?
ziin
It's easier to count stationary objects than moving objects. It's also easier to count stationary or moving objects than just moving objects.
Sakura
How about:
Stack leniency must not be set to a point where stacking no longer occurs. If yo do so, make sure you stack manually any and all hitobjects that are supposed to be stacked (ask a MAT/BAT if you need help with this)
mm201
Hows about:
Objects placed on top of each other should be stacked. This means that lower notes appear progressively further towards the bottom right compared to those on top. osu! does this automatically for you with a feature called stacking leniency. If you choose to disable this feature, you are responsible to make sure objects are still stacked normally and that no two objects appear on the exact same spot.
Sakura

mm201 wrote:

Hows about:
Objects placed on top of each other should be stacked. This means that lower notes appear progressively further towards the bottom right compared to those on top. osu! does this automatically for you with a feature called stacking leniency. If you choose to disable this feature, you are responsible to make sure objects are still stacked normally and that no two objects appear on the exact same spot.
I kinda like it but i'd add Consecutive at the beginning of it like "Consecutive objects placed on top of each other... etc"
RandomJibberish
Amended to mm's suggestion. In most cases non consecutive stacked notes should be stacked too for the same reason as consecutive ones, and only the most elaborate double backing patterns with quite large gaps between overlapping notes shouldn't stack.