forum

I'm new so, can someone explain the pp system? :)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sedated42
Can someone explain how the pp system works to me? I just started playing in May and I never really understood the mechanics of it and I've seen people with a lot higher pp than me even though they play lower difficulty maps than I. Is it based off of amount of maps played? Accuracy? Thanks for the clarification if possible! :)
ADelicateOrange
Page about Performance Points. It's hard to find because the site isn't all that nice when it comes to these pages

However, it boils down to this: PP is a points algorithm akin to putting on a Musical Performance, and the only thing these musical listeners care about is Level of Difficulty and Accuracy. HD would be like playing a song blindfolded. HR would be playing something upside down. DT would be playing it 2x as fast. FL would be playing a song constantly being baptized (crude I know). All of these added difficulties affect the PP algorithm limiter for each individual songs (to certain degrees). Therefore if someone +HDHRDTFLs a 2.5* song and you FC a 3.2 star song, they will tend to have more pp because their song is technically more difficult than yours.

We don't need to go into how mapping can purposefully make maps bloated like Despacito Ringtone Size, Shiori (TV-Size) or Honesty. But, what I wrote about should give you the gist of it.
Topic Starter
Sedated42
Thank you so much!
show more