forum

Why you probably suck at OSU after taking a day break.

posted
Total Posts

Do you think this is accurate?

Seems legit
39.66%
I just suck
40.52%
ItzAnimal is just a god at games
19.83%
Total votes: 116
Topic Starter
ItzAnimal

WHY DO I SUCK AT THIS GAME!?!?!

So let's just say, you went camping for a week or 2 maybe even a day to 3. You've come back from camp and you realise you're bored... Lets play some osu! You play to discover you've become bad at the game when it comes to playing. You remember being able to FC those 4-star maps and you could HR all 3-star maps but now that you've taken this break even playing 4 stars is now a challenge. I'll explain why, when you play osu for a few days your mind takes in the music and your heart syncs to the beat of these songs (It may miss some beats because ur heart doesn't want to kill you). This allows players to know when to hit, and because you've taken that break you realise that ur mind isn't as concentrated on the game as what it was. How do you fix this? Well, your answer is simple, play the game for a few days and your brain should recalibrate like controllers or your dimensions you set for your tablet to respond. So it's not your hardware (well depends on what you have, if its a low report rate your tablet has, that's probably why you suck in general.) or the fact you've become slower, its more your timing with the map. If you have a speed problem, well maybe your reaction time has slowed down or fatigue from playing and your brain thinks its a reward for performing sudden jumps and spinning circles until your hands start dying on the inside.

If you still find osu hard, I suggest quitting osu and getting a life.

(Joking here. PLZ DON'T BAN ME)

Written by ItzAnimal - 18/07/2018
xDoruYT
lol
MyAngelToushi
:thinking:
KupcaH
Instructions unclear, quitted life instead.
DXPOHIHIHI
Opposite for me, all if my bad habits go away and I start of freshhhhhhhhhhh
Metin of Devil
beer
ManuelOsuPlayer
You're wrong about 99'99% of what you think you know about this game, your improvment or whatever.
Stop think and feel the music, that's all.
ADelicateOrange
OwO OP has enlightened my life. Time to quit w on life.
RamenBucket
why try when were all gonna die someday lmao
Mitoru
Wrong man, it's because muscle memory, when you don't play for a while, your hands aren't used to the un natural movements made with your wrist/fingers while moving, same with the speeds and timing of your tapping, :3 cheers
DXPOHIHIHI
Not all people's skills degrade when they take a break from osu, there are people who are the opossite, they improve from taking breaks
Brainage
All my skills in osu improve when i take breaks the length of a day or three except for streaming.

feelsbadman can we get 69 f's
Deva

RamenBucket wrote:

why try when were all gonna die someday lmao
Syneergy
What is this nonsense?
kefirek568
i thought that we learn how to click those circles when we do breaks from osu. i mean that the next day after playing you are better than the previous day. i know that you speak also about longer break but it would still do the trick.
Tad Fibonacci
I actually play better after a 1 or 2 day break lol
show more