forum

"User is currently offline" - PM [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
dkun
Some things I've seen as a personal experience is typing to a user when they d/c, but you're still typing. How about a small notification such as the one from IRC saying "This user is currently offline" when they're actually *not* online, so one is aware when a user has disconnected off bancho?
Kitsunemimi
We actually used to have something similar, it told you if a user was online if you tried to send a message to them when they've logged off. It doesn't exactly notify you that they've disconnected at a certain instant, but it worked. I'm not too sure where it went though, the message doesn't show up anymore when you try to message someone who's logged off.
Sync
this would mainly be used for people talking to people connected via IRC clients

support
Topic Starter
dkun

Sync wrote:

this would mainly be used for people talking to people connected via IRC clients

support
Yeah, this would be another key point, since the only thing us client users have is tab-complete to find if an irc user is connected. :(
theowest
So much support.
Love this idea.

"____ just logged off" or something.
Shiirn
Support.
Mastodonio
There was smth like that in osu long time ago,but your idea is even better,so I support. But it also should write 'This user is online',when this user has connected to bancho again.
kriers

Shiirn wrote:

Support.
palion
it used to say if the user offline when you messaged them, so support :D

can't shoot any stars :(
Topic Starter
dkun

Giorgos wrote:

There was smth like that in osu long time ago,but your idea is even better,so I support. But it also should write 'This user is online',when this user has connected to bancho again.
That'd be nice as well~
theowest
Just as it says
*theowest s away: bla bla
when I write "/away bla bla"

this should do the exact thing, but once I get offline.
TheVileOne
I don't see any reason why this isn't in the game. What's the point of typing to someone that's offline? I don't have stars for whatever reason, so I can't star this.
Topic Starter
dkun
would like to bump for the top of the list for the sake that this should be very easy to implement
theowest

dkun wrote:

would like to bump for the top of the list for the sake that this should be very easy to implement
indeed.