1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Help
show more
posted
I'm also having this problem :\

The stutters happened about every 25 seconds and lasted maybe a little less than 1 second

And I have tried mostly everything in this form post and stuff my friends have told me (reinstall osu, play on a different PC ect) and the only thing that has worked so far is restarting my pc and then when I close out and then relaunch osu it starts lagging again

specs:
i7-8700K Overclocked @5GHz
GTX 1060 3GB GTX 1070 6GB (forgot I upgraded)
20gb DDR4 RAM

Windows 10 Home Build 1803 for x64-based Systems (The latest update I have done is 2018-09 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4457146))

Edit: My friend has also had this issue but has fixed it with this guide https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170813020, the guide has not worked for me. Here is a clip from the stream my friend was doing https://clips.twitch.tv/ConsiderateScaryOrangeOSfrog and here is a clip of the lag happening for me https://youtu.be/41SPBgZ24UQ

Edit #2: Updating my graphics drivers has fully removed the stutter from it!

Edit #3: nvm it was just because i restarted
posted
Just after the update, my osu has started to stutter if I don't use compatibility mode and have a 1 ms latency if I do. I've tried doing the usual turning off windows inc, changing settings in my gpu, etc but nothing has worked. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still...nothing.

My specs:
Gpu: AMD Radeon RX550
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 1500X
RAM: 8GB DDR4

Any help would be seriously appreciated!
posted

Keegen wrote:

Just after the update, my osu has started to stutter if I don't use compatibility mode and have a 1 ms latency if I do. I've tried doing the usual turning off windows inc, changing settings in my gpu, etc but nothing has worked. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still...nothing.

My specs:
Gpu: AMD Radeon RX550
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 1500X
RAM: 8GB DDR4

Any help would be seriously appreciated!
What update are you referring to? There haven't been any osu! updates in over a month.
posted
Windows
posted
its been 3 months since this was posted... can someone inform us if you guys are still even working on this?
posted
Okay, so i fixed the stuttering. What i did is that i had an older version of osu! backed up on my drive, and fired that up. After a couple of updates, stutters were gone.

Anyone with older versions of osu! backed up somewhere should try this.
posted
I don't know if anyone will see this but I managed to fix this problem by:

- Opening osu!
- Going to Task Manager
- Right-clicking the process and clicking "Go to details"
- Set priority > Below normal

This lowers the memory allocated to osu! (and somehow fixes the stuttering). If that doesn't work,
try:

- Going into Control Panel > System Security > System
- Going into Advanced System Settings > Performance Settings > Advanced
- Lowering the initial and maximum size of my paging file

This changes the amount of memory your computer uses. If you want to run any or multiple programs that need more memory to run than the amount you set as your max, you won't be able to.
posted

GRIFFlN wrote:

- Opening osu!
- Going to Task Manager
- Right-clicking the process and clicking "Go to details"
- Set priority > Below normal

This lowers the memory allocated to osu! (and somehow fixes the stuttering).
Thats strange... for some reason when i do the same but set it to "Real Time" it fixes stuttering

If anyone else sees this then try to set it to every different option and see if that fixes the stutter
posted

Includes video evidence


1) The stutters are always severe enough to affect gameplay, typically last less than a second. They happen constantly for me. I have attached puush links to several videos I've captured of the stuttering (pardon the potato quality and poor skills). These stutters seem to have gotten worse within the past month. My last windows update was ‎5/‎30/‎2018, so it's not that.

2) I have tried many of these approaches, but none of them seem to solve it for me. I've found that restarting my computer works for a little bit to minimize it at least, but that locking/unlocking windows seems to exacerbate the issue... I've disabled windows update, superfetch, antivirus, the windows 10 information gobbler (DiagTrack), stopped all non-OS background processes, and the issue is 100% repeatable for me by simply locking/unlocking windows a few times and then starting osu!. It also happens if I never let my machine lock itself, but then it is less predictable. I don't experience the issue using any other programs or media playback, only osu!.

3) Windows 10 pro, 1803. Full system config can be found on my profile if you're interested.

Here's a 2 minute gameplay capture featuring several stutters: https://puu.sh/BLIS3/372be8ef2f.m4v.
And here are some shorter clips in case that one gets lost:
Major stutter at 20 seconds in: http://puu.sh/BLJ0c/38d8938840.mp4
Minor stutter at 18 seconds in: http://puu.sh/BLIX1/83cc5d029d.m4v

Edit: More info
My network.log contains lots of entries like this, not sure if it's related since it only has entries for one timestamp and the stutters are much more frequent
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Initialized
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Version: 4.5.13539 Compatibility Profile Context 24.20.13017.1009
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Renderer: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 Fury Series
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Shader Language version: 4.50
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Extensions: GL_AMDX_debug_output GL_AMD_blend_minmax_factor GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_debug_output GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_framebuffer_sample_positions GL_AMD_gcn_shader GL_AMD_gpu_shader_half_float GL_AMD_gpu_shader_int16 GL_AMD_gpu_shader_int64 GL_AMD_interleaved_elements GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_AMD_name_gen_delete GL_AMD_occlusion_query_event GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_AMD_query_buffer_object GL_AMD_sample_positions GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_atomic_counter_ops GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_shader_stencil_value_export GL_AMD_shader_trace GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_AMD_sparse_texture GL_AMD_sparse_texture_pool GL_AMD_stencil_operation_extended GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array GL_AMD_texture_texture4 GL_AMD_transform_feedback3_lines_triangles GL_AMD_transform_feedback4 GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_bindless_texture GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_compute_shader GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_derivative_control GL_ARB_direct_state_access GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_gl_spirv GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_indirect_parameters GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_parallel_shader_compile GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_query_buffer_object GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_ballot GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_draw_parameters GL_ARB_shader_group_vote GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shader_viewport_layer_array GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_sparse_buffer GL_ARB_sparse_texture GL_ARB_spirv_extensions GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_snorm GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_copy_buffer GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_histogram GL_EXT_memory_object GL_EXT_memory_object_win32 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_semaphore GL_EXT_semaphore_win32 GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_bptc GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_no_error GL_KHR_parallel_shader_compile GL_KHR_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_KHR_robustness GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_alpha_to_coverage_dither_control GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_depth_buffer_float GL_NV_explicit_multisample GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_OES_EGL_image GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Context: Index: 8, Color: 32 (8888), Depth: 16, Stencil: 0, Samples: 0, Accum: 0 (0000), Buffers: 2, Stereo: False
10/16/2018 1:10:21 AM: Detected a change in folder/file count (changed from 3836 to 3835)
posted

mastaa_p wrote:

Includes video evidence


1) The stutters are always severe enough to affect gameplay, typically last less than a second. They happen constantly for me. I have attached puush links to several videos I've captured of the stuttering (pardon the potato quality and poor skills). These stutters seem to have gotten worse within the past month. My last windows update was ‎5/‎30/‎2018, so it's not that.

2) I have tried many of these approaches, but none of them seem to solve it for me. I've found that restarting my computer works for a little bit to minimize it at least, but that locking/unlocking windows seems to exacerbate the issue... I've disabled windows update, superfetch, antivirus, the windows 10 information gobbler (DiagTrack), stopped all non-OS background processes, and the issue is 100% repeatable for me by simply locking/unlocking windows a few times and then starting osu!. It also happens if I never let my machine lock itself, but then it is less predictable. I don't experience the issue using any other programs or media playback, only osu!.

3) Windows 10 pro, 1803. Full system config can be found on my profile if you're interested.

Here's a 2 minute gameplay capture featuring several stutters: https://puu.sh/BLIS3/372be8ef2f.m4v.
And here are some shorter clips in case that one gets lost:
Major stutter at 20 seconds in: http://puu.sh/BLJ0c/38d8938840.mp4
Minor stutter at 18 seconds in: http://puu.sh/BLIX1/83cc5d029d.m4v

Edit: More info
My network.log contains lots of entries like this, not sure if it's related since it only has entries for one timestamp and the stutters are much more frequent
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 3:13:39 AM: WARNING: ThreadPool is saturated!
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Initialized
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Version: 4.5.13539 Compatibility Profile Context 24.20.13017.1009
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Renderer: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 Fury Series
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Shader Language version: 4.50
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Extensions: GL_AMDX_debug_output GL_AMD_blend_minmax_factor GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_debug_output GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_framebuffer_sample_positions GL_AMD_gcn_shader GL_AMD_gpu_shader_half_float GL_AMD_gpu_shader_int16 GL_AMD_gpu_shader_int64 GL_AMD_interleaved_elements GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_AMD_name_gen_delete GL_AMD_occlusion_query_event GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_AMD_query_buffer_object GL_AMD_sample_positions GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_atomic_counter_ops GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_shader_stencil_value_export GL_AMD_shader_trace GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_AMD_sparse_texture GL_AMD_sparse_texture_pool GL_AMD_stencil_operation_extended GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array GL_AMD_texture_texture4 GL_AMD_transform_feedback3_lines_triangles GL_AMD_transform_feedback4 GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_bindless_texture GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_compute_shader GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_derivative_control GL_ARB_direct_state_access GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_gl_spirv GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_indirect_parameters GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_parallel_shader_compile GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_query_buffer_object GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_ballot GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_draw_parameters GL_ARB_shader_group_vote GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shader_viewport_layer_array GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_sparse_buffer GL_ARB_sparse_texture GL_ARB_spirv_extensions GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_snorm GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_copy_buffer GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_histogram GL_EXT_memory_object GL_EXT_memory_object_win32 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_semaphore GL_EXT_semaphore_win32 GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_bptc GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_no_error GL_KHR_parallel_shader_compile GL_KHR_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_KHR_robustness GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_alpha_to_coverage_dither_control GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_depth_buffer_float GL_NV_explicit_multisample GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_OES_EGL_image GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control
10/16/2018 1:10:20 AM: GL Context: Index: 8, Color: 32 (8888), Depth: 16, Stencil: 0, Samples: 0, Accum: 0 (0000), Buffers: 2, Stereo: False
10/16/2018 1:10:21 AM: Detected a change in folder/file count (changed from 3836 to 3835)
try doing what I said here

Scribble_Nerd wrote:

GRIFFlN wrote:

- Opening osu!
- Going to Task Manager
- Right-clicking the process and clicking "Go to details"
- Set priority > Below normal

This lowers the memory allocated to osu! (and somehow fixes the stuttering).
Thats strange... for some reason when i do the same but set it to "Real Time" it fixes stuttering

If anyone else sees this then try to set it to every different option and see if that fixes the stutter
and/or disable your recording software
posted
turning off superfetch worked for me, however now the cursor is dragging behind...also the framerate and latency don't get better as i increase the fps limit: it stays at 120fps and 8.5ms :/
posted

Scribble_Nerd wrote:

mastaa_p wrote:

Includes video evidence


1) The stutters are always severe enough to affect gameplay, typically last less than a second. They happen constantly for me. I have attached puush links to several videos I've captured of the stuttering (pardon the potato quality and poor skills). These stutters seem to have gotten worse within the past month. My last windows update was ‎5/‎30/‎2018, so it's not that.

2) I have tried many of these approaches, but none of them seem to solve it for me. I've found that restarting my computer works for a little bit to minimize it at least, but that locking/unlocking windows seems to exacerbate the issue... I've disabled windows update, superfetch, antivirus, the windows 10 information gobbler (DiagTrack), stopped all non-OS background processes, and the issue is 100% repeatable for me by simply locking/unlocking windows a few times and then starting osu!. It also happens if I never let my machine lock itself, but then it is less predictable. I don't experience the issue using any other programs or media playback, only osu!.

3) Windows 10 pro, 1803. Full system config can be found on my profile if you're interested.

Here's a 2 minute gameplay capture featuring several stutters: https://puu.sh/BLIS3/372be8ef2f.m4v.
And here are some shorter clips in case that one gets lost:
Major stutter at 20 seconds in: http://puu.sh/BLJ0c/38d8938840.mp4
Minor stutter at 18 seconds in: http://puu.sh/BLIX1/83cc5d029d.m4v
<...>
try doing what I said here

Scribble_Nerd wrote:

GRIFFlN wrote:

- Opening osu!
- Going to Task Manager
- Right-clicking the process and clicking "Go to details"
- Set priority > Below normal

This lowers the memory allocated to osu! (and somehow fixes the stuttering).
Thats strange... for some reason when i do the same but set it to "Real Time" it fixes stuttering

If anyone else sees this then try to set it to every different option and see if that fixes the stutter
and/or disable your recording software

I tried the process priority on low and realtime and neither helped the stutters for me. I don't play with recording software, that was just so I could capture the issue. By the way, when I say I killed all non-OS background processes, I meant everything. Antivirus, backups, remote sessions, vms, adobe, afterburner, puush, etc etc.

I am starting to suspect this issue is network-related because it seems much more prevalent on the weekends than during the week, and my internet speeds/latency are much worse on weekends (as well as the osu servers). Anyone else notice this?


Edit: I'm not really sure why, but increasing the priority of the RTC on windows 10 seemed to get rid of the stutters for the most part. Open up the registry (regedit)
HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/PriorityControl
Modify or create a DWORD called "IRQ8Priority" and set its value to 1.
This tweak may require a restart to affect anything

This sets the interrupt request 8 (IRQ8) to have the highest priority (1) of any interrupt on your system. You can set priorities as 1 for highest priority, 2 for second highest, etc. IRQ8 is the Real Time Clock (RTC), which is the clock that pretty much every program uses as a reference point to sync network events (server communication, etc). If you want a listing of all the IRQs on YOUR system (values after 13 are specific to your hardware, drivers, etc), type "System Information" into the start menu and look under Hardware Resources -> IRQs.
posted
I fixed my problem by disabling shower effect, if you have it ON, try turning it off.
posted
I have the same problem with lag spikes but non of these things helped me, I have clean win 10 64bit installation with drivers all are up to date. I also tried to move it from HDD to SSD but it did not help. (I moved it back to HDD after it did not help) Can someone help me?
posted

denox8 wrote:

I am experiencing random stutters while playing as well.

I didn't manage to reliably fix it. It's a gamble of restarting osu for me. Some sessions don't stutter at all, others every few seconds. It's pretty frustrating because of it's randomness which makes it impossible to predict when one stutter may occur and ruin your FC.

I tried the following fixes:

-Disabling SuperFetch
-Disabling Shader-Cache in NVIDIA Controlpanel
-Disabling Fullscreen-Optimizations
-Reinstalling osu
-Using different osu builds
-Clearing Standby-Memory
EDIT: Tried the Solution of Mr_Shiro_ - Even with my Ethernet-Adapter disabled I get random stutters.

I'm running Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.165

Hardware:
i5 2500k @ 4GHz
GTX 770 4GB VRAM
8GB DDR3 RAM
Did u try to update both of ur drivers and possibly running osu on intergrated graphics after updating intel graphics ?
posted
I suffer from hard sluttering since today's update : Stable 20181228.2 , I don't know what changed but it really destroyed my game. My game goes from 1ms to 3-4 for 1 sec every 15-20 sec. What happened ppy please :(. I play on my integrated chipset i7-7920hq because you know nivida optimus shit...
posted
im going to try to find out what may be causing this,some people say its an update.heres some things I know aren't causing it
1)hard drive: my hard drive is ok with the max usage of 10% and less than 1mb for running osu

2)Ram{memory} you should have at least 2gb ram installed to run osu fine,i have 4gb empty of ram when I play osu and before whatever caused it to "stutter" wasn't my ram

3)temperature and cpu:i used to have a old laptop that had 1.33ghz and 2gb ram and can run osu fine.my current laptop gets pretty hot and can still run osu really good.


for those who don't know what ram or ghz is,most laptops have about or more ram and ghz than my old laptop.

edit1:mcosu had the same bug
also I got a message saying I should check my audio drives.probably because of the stutter,the calculations get messed up.
this isn't complete ill edit more info later
posted
i have the same problem
help pls :(
i5 - 4210
amd r5 m255
after osu update this bug was happened.also, osu update removed all my collections and deleted all my local scores.
upd: fixed
what i have done: reinstalled graphic card driver (AMD), disabled osu! profile in radeon settings, reinstall a realtek driver, reinstall tablet drivers. Ugh. Also, i launched osu! fix and updated beatmaps (F5). Sorry for great london im from russia.
posted
yeah this sucks sometimes but i know a fix do

for windows: WIN + R then type services.msc then go to suprefetch and turn it off
posted

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Recently a surge of the user base has been experiencing issues with osu! in which the game "Stutters" Or Teleports back and forth rapidly for a second or two, obviously harming the flow of the game.

This thread is a request for anyone who has fixed this issue, to please provide your fix, or anything that helped in regards to this issue. If you have not personally fixed it, but had a friend or saw a thread or guy on reddit fix it, please provide the steps or what you remember helped fix it.

I'd like a few bits of information;
1) How severe were the stutters?, how often did they happen?, How long did they last?
2) What did you do to fix them, or reduce their frequency?
3) What Operating System & Update version are you using?

This information at the least will help me understand potentially what causes this issue consistently, or alert me of new, or the most effective ways to deal with this issue. This is a personal request for this information, not for any dev stuff or anything like that. Nothing in osu! has changed that would cause these issues, so it's 90% likely it's an issue with Windows, a Windows service, or how some of you have your computer set up.

If you came to this thread looking for a fix; that's not what this post is originally for, but the comments may have some ways to help (if any exist). I personally suggest closing or disabling all background programs and processes as a start. Things like Anti-virus are known to cause issues, so try temporarily disabling that too at your own risk (always remember to turn it back on!)

Thanks for providing potential information in regards to this issue. If someone has already posted the same fix, please make another reply either saying that worked too, or saying it again. This will help me judge how effective a "fix" is. Please try to keep nonsense or off topic comments in this thread to a minimum, just so things are easier to track. I may have to delete unwanted replies.
I did most of these things as well and none seems to work for me. One thing that I really feel the impact is to turn off all overlay application. MSI Afterburner is one great example that reduce the latency by 2 ms and no more red boxes to me.
show more
Please sign in to reply.