forum

performance points

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
galnvardi
how the hell does pp work? i downloaded a pp calculator but the amount that it shows isn't even remotely close to the amount of pp i actually get on the pp calculator
it's so frustrating that im already at rank 115k and i know less about this game than new players
ADelicateOrange
The [PP] formula relies on four core values, defined as aim, speed, accuracy, and strain.

You should probably know the quote above, but being low 6-digit, you should understand that 99-98% ACC with 1xMiss > FC with 95-96% ACC because Accuracy is essentially the most important value when calculating PP. Aim, Speed, and Strain can just be dumbed down into the Star Rating until you get into 6-7 stars where Spaced Streams and PP jumps become more relevant to PP calculations.
Topic Starter
galnvardi

ADelicateOrange wrote:

The [PP] formula relies on four core values, defined as aim, speed, accuracy, and strain.

You should probably know the quote above, but being low 6-digit, you should understand that 99-98% ACC with 1xMiss > FC with 95-96% ACC because Accuracy is essentially the most important value when calculating PP. Aim, Speed, and Strain can just be dumbed down into the Star Rating until you get into 6-7 stars where Spaced Streams and PP jumps become more relevant to PP calculations.

what i mean is that the pp calculator shows something like 60 pp or so but then when i look at my pp counter it shows that i got like 2 more pp or no pp sometimes and then sometimes when im not even doing anything or if i cancel a song or something i get like 50 pp out of nowhere and it seems really random to me
KupcaH
Topic Starter
galnvardi
i already checked the wiki but that doesn't say why i get different pp than the pp calculator says
ManuelOsuPlayer
The PP calculator works in real time. If you're on middle of the map with SS, and the SS fc = 200PP and the S 95% = 100PP
If you drop your acc, the PP showing drops too.
Also you may be using an oudated PP calculator what dosn't show the real amounth.
If you write in game on a chat window to tillerino /np it's going to show you the PP that map gives if you fc with X acc.
Topic Starter
galnvardi
i tried the tillerino and both the tillerino bot and the pp calculator said my performance was worth 101 pp but then i looked at my pp counter and it only went up by 9 pp
RamenBucket
Your pp calculator is broken. Reinstall it or get a new one.

Edit: you pp counter shows your raw pp. pp is weighted so you top score is usually worth 100% but lower scores are less. The reason why your pp only went up by 9 is because the score was probably weighted at around 20-30% and all the scores below it lowered as well
Rynnavinx

galnvardi wrote:

i already checked the wiki but that doesn't say why i get different pp than the pp calculator says

dude, there is literally a section on that wiki page titled, "Why didn't I gain the full amount of pp from a map I played?"

look harder next time xd
show more