forum

Anime Boston 2012/PAX East

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mogsy
The General Con/Expo thread ain't all that great when dealing with specific meetup-type business, so let's just do this here.

Tons of general info can be found here in case I miss anything.

When: April 6 - 8, 2012
Where: Hynes Convention Center, Boston, MA, USA
Why make a thread about it: To see who here is going.

Guests of honor can be found here, though the list is subject to change.

So, if anybody else is going, who wants to schedule a potential meetup?~ What events are you most excited for? What are you cosplaying as? All that fun stuff. Just make sure to post if you're going!

Confirmed for AB:
  1. Mogsworth
  2. RemmyX25
RemmyX25
If there is a decent number of people going, I really want to get a group photo together, and you all will have to sign my osu!mug
RemmyX25
This has been up for 10 days and NO ONE HAS RESPONDED?

Sheesh, so much for my idea of handing out osu!merch to osu!ers who showed up :<
Topic Starter
Mogsy
PAX East is also that weekend. If people who are going to that also want to meet up, let us know.
RevObsession
Does it count that I'm IN Boston and YOU'LL (Remmy) be staying with me and YOU'RE going? That's like... one degree of separation. Close enough....
RemmyX25
I'LL STILL GET YOU SOME MERCH, LOVE, I PROMISE <3
Topic Starter
Mogsy
So, PAX East takes place 37 minutes (by T) from Anime Boston, so I might as well bump this to see if people will be going to that, too.

Then again, con's in 2 days. Woop woop. Remmy and I will be handing out osu! pins at AB.
RemmyX25

Mogsworth wrote:

Remmy and I will be handing out osu! pins at AB.
Seeing as nobody else responded saying they will be going, I didn't order many. However, find us and you shall receive! (We will most likely be wearing them)

those
Get that cookie outta your mouth, it might be dirty~

Bu~ I wish I could go.
RemmyX25
awp
This guy goes to every convention

OH GOD HOW MUCH WERE THOSE MLP HATS fuckin' big mac, man
RemmyX25

awp wrote:

OH GOD HOW MUCH WERE THOSE MLP HATS fuckin' big mac, man
~$30. I almost bought some.

Almost.

EDIT: Look who I ran into

0407021610 by RemmyX25, on Flickr
awp
yeah, I'd pay $30 for a big mac hat, probably

considering it's probably 30 flat, and not taxed etc
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Most things at cons actually are taxed, so it'd only be a bit above $2 more, really.

also I LOOK FAT IN EVERYTHING
winber1
/late

oh wow this is saddening.

I actually went to AB with my friends on friday and saturday, but I never go to the Otaku culture subforum so I couldn't say anything :( It would've been quite interesting if I could have met up with you guys :/

I got randomly directed here by some other post so here I am.

edit: also, I want a pin D:
Roddie
It would have been great if I met you guys, but that didn't happen. ): Oh well. Maybe next year.

Also, I've taken a lot of pictures while I was at Anime Boston but I think it will be too much for me to post here. Instead, I'll just link the zip folder containing all the images. Enjoy~