forum

Is it bad to play with mods?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Umi on osu
I've been playing with mods for a long time now, so my top plays are mostly filled with mods. But I think I've gone too far. So, should I play with nomod or with mods?
DXPOHIHIHI

Zestos wrote:

I've been playing with mods for a long time now, so my top plays are mostly filled with mods. But I think I've gone too far. So, should I play with nomod or with mods?

Playing with mods is essential because your probably gonna need to learn how to hd and dt, hr are for masters
KupcaH
Avoid playing HR and DT until you're gonna be able to play 5*+ nomod maps properly.
ManuelOsuPlayer
If you want to full enjoy the game, you shouldn't play them. So you build low AR reading. You can play high AR just by getting speed. But low AR it's something dofferent.
RamenBucket
Mods are not bad, but you don't want to limit yourself to a single mod or a couple of mods until you have gotten a very good grasp of the game 5*s or so.

Stay in school, don't do mods.
Akanagi
I think DT is okay every now and then because it keeps the map density the same. HR is the most toxic mod to play so stay away from it.
Keep in mind you don't even need to play mods to rank up anyway. There's enough nomod farm maps right now.
Topic Starter
Umi on osu
Alright then, thanks for replying!
UnnamedBeast
If you're bad at reading low AR's, don't play HR.

If you're already relatively good at reading low AR's (AR 8 or lower) at your difficulty level, start playing HR, it will increase your accuracy and improve your AR 10 reading. If you're bad at AR9 reading you should focus on learning that first, and then learning AR10.
worst fl player
playing a game isnt bad

drugs are bad
ZeCryptic

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

You can play high AR just by getting speed
What? That is simply false. I used to struggle a ton with speed but I had no problem with reading high AR. Maps with fast speeds generally use high AR as it lowers the note density. That does not mean that speed makes you able to play high AR

HR should generally be avoided if you are not comfortable with high AR and you are not specifically practicing high AR reading skills. Otherwise it is good for practicing precision and high OD

There is nothing wrong with playing mods. Just play remember to use the right mods for what you are currently practicing and don't use mods on specific maps if it completely overwhelms you
ADelicateOrange
Using mods is a great way to understand how the game works faster. Additionally, are going to be essential to climbing to 10k. Most people around that region have a good grasp at least on one mod, maybe two (HD; HDDT tends to be the pair).
mulraf
short answer: no
long answer: ...no, dude
Akanagi

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Using mods is a great way to understand how the game works faster
no

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Additionally, are going to be essential to climbing to 10k
hell no

ADelicateOrange wrote:

Most people around that region have a good grasp at least on one mod, maybe two