forum

How do I stop s***missing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
H3LLMUTT
I originally made an account in 2016, but didn't start playing until February of this year. After the first 100pp play, they just kept coming, up until a few weeks ago. I feel kinda demoralized. I am severely over ranked when it comes to how rounded of a player I am(I am good at jumps but terrible at streams). Are there any maps or ways to improve my stream accuracy? I don't really have a problem with fc-ing 6 star jumps, but even high 5 star streams and stuff above 175 is way too much for me. Do I need to go back to fc-ing 4 stars and focus more on improving my accuracy?(I know, it's pretty bad) Should I stop even touching 6 stars and mid 5 stars? I've only been able to FC 3 or 4 low 5 star maps. I low acc DT FC'd bill nye, which I feel like was a mistake, because now I can't make any plays better than it. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to just suck it up and practice more? If so, what maps should I focus on practicing? Methods, tips, etc., for getting better at streaming?
Endaris
You don't. (answering the thread title)
Also work on the formatting of your posts, this is very difficult to read. Start by using paragraphs.
Akanagi
Go back to 4* and focus on acc instead of combo.
I'm almost 4 digit and I don't touch 6* that often, so go figure. If you really wanna play 6* add HT to it so you can actually see what's going on.
kai99
i wanna reach 4 digit aaaaa
dung eater
Mouse, hit all. Tablet idk the hz is shit so you have to believe.
Naimae
Just play what you enjoy, honestly. You're only going to get bored if you force yourself to play maps that are, for the most part, easy for you. If you're going to go back and play 4-5* maps, then it'd probably be more enjoyable if it was almost entirely a stream map, though I never found dedicated stream practice maps enjoyable to play (because I'm bad at them lol). There are plenty of maps with a lot of jumps and burst streams, so maybe that'd be a good place to start before trying to get really good at longer and longer streams?

But don't force yourself to do something you don't want to do.

You will never stop shitmissing, by the way. Even the best players do. You can work on playing more and more to improve your consistency so that you do it less frequently, but it will never stop happening. It's like one of the guaranteed things of life. Death, taxes, and shitmisses.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play stuff you can fc right now. Improve from there playing maps what are into a closer diff.
UnnamedBeast
hr fc
Topic Starter
H3LLMUTT
Welp, didn't even realize people actually replied to me because I had no clue how to navigate back to the forum. Thanks for all of your reply's!

I have started to play more consistently, sticking to around low to mid 5 stars.

Once again, thanks for all of the advice!
Harpball
Some more advice: Try playing with a mouse and keyboard, hopefully it'll help :D
show more