forum

I wrote a nice Video Game Awareness article for osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DEMOLITION_D
Here on my Examiner page: http://www.examiner.com/classic-game-in ... reness-osu

Because I love you guys so much.
Sync
nice
ychao
Good going there. About time the game gained some recognition, I would think.
Topic Starter
DEMOLITION_D

Sync wrote:

nice

peppy
AAAAAA OLD ICON AAAAAAA CAPITALISED PEPPY
why oh why ;__; (yes i stopped reading after seeing those two elements)
Topic Starter
DEMOLITION_D

peppy wrote:

AAAAAA OLD ICON AAAAAAA CAPITALISED PEPPY
why oh why ;__; (yes i stopped reading after seeing those two elements)
Oh... nvm.... you want it UNcapitalized.... again... consider it remedied. As for the logo, can't find a newer one via Google.
Haneii
osu! should be spelt in lowercase too c:

Very nice article you have here ^_^
Topic Starter
DEMOLITION_D

Haneii wrote:

osu! should be spelt in lowercase too c:

Very nice article you have here ^_^
As a writer, all of these lower case proper nouns are driving me crazy!

xD
peppy
https://twitter.com/osugame https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/18 ... witter.png this one is pretty nice

also yeah, not sure what Osu! is. reminds me of facebook, where they force you to use an upper-case character for any groups. apart from that, the article reads quite well :)
D33d
"Catch the Beat," not "Catch the Fruit." Also, "gamers" as a possessive. Baaaaaaaad. You still missed an "Osu!" as well.

Good article. It explains the game quite succinctly. I still find it odd that this game isn't that well known among my peers, despite the burgeoning size of its community. It's effectively quite a huge game and yet it can still be classed as "cult." Clearly, we need more word of mouth.
Topic Starter
DEMOLITION_D
Installed the sexier logo in place of the old one :3
Topic Starter
DEMOLITION_D

D33d wrote:

"Catch the Beat," not "Catch the Fruit." Also, "gamers" as a possessive. Baaaaaaaad. You still missed an "Osu!" as well.

Good article. It explains the game quite succinctly. I still find it odd that this game isn't that well known among my peers, despite the burgeoning size of its community. It's effectively quite a huge game and yet it can still be classed as "cult." Clearly, we need more word of mouth.
Meh, these things happen.

Although not sure how I managed the Catch the Fruit business, that's just embarrassing. Fixed 'em both, thanks for the input.
ychao
All the 'O's in osu! are capitalized as well, which shouldn't be.
Topic Starter
DEMOLITION_D

ychao24 wrote:

All the 'O's in osu! are capitalized as well, which shouldn't be.
Yeah, I'm just going to leave them.

I'd hear it from my SouthEast Region manager if she caught an article of mine without capitalizing a name and then she'd mark my article down in points and it'd take me a week to get in touch with her and be like, "Yeah, well, that's how it's supposed to be spelled."

So what evs, the article does its job :o
Backfire
Pretty sure if a game or movies name is stylistically written in a certain way, it's ok to write it that way.
SereneMidnight
I liked it~ Does Osu! good~
peppy

DEMOLITION_D wrote:

I'd hear it from my SouthEast Region manager if she caught an article of mine without capitalizing a name and then she'd mark my article down in points and it'd take me a week to get in touch with her and be like, "Yeah, well, that's how it's supposed to be spelled."
Surely she'd check the logo on the page, or the game's site. You'll hear it from me forever for giving it a capital 'o'. It's kind of offensive to see, really.
Wylo

peppy wrote:

DEMOLITION_D wrote:

Surely she'd check the logo on the page, or the game's site. You'll hear it from me forever for giving it a capital 'o'. It's kind of offensive to see, really.
This, I cringe every time I see it capitalized.
OzzyOzrock

SereneMidnight wrote:

Osu!
IT HAS ALREADY AFFECTED THE MINDS OF OUR YOUTH
Topic Starter
DEMOLITION_D

peppy wrote:

DEMOLITION_D wrote:

No. She wouldn't. For lack of a better term, she's retarded. And she has a lot of people to look over.

Changed it though since so many of you are utterly stricken by it >-<

I do believe it's already passed review with flying colors so as far as I'm concerned I could change every other word to "GooberSchnoobs" and it wouldn't matter.

That reminds me, I need to make a new osu! account with the username GooberSchnoobs....
Topic Starter
DEMOLITION_D
Also, in another month or so, perhaps longer, I plan on writing a new (and much longer) article reviewing osu! with an actual star system. May sound redundant, but Examiner's love their "starred" reviews and it would present great exposure. Might do a top ten list of my all time favorite beatmaps after that. Either way, with my newly established position at Examiner I hope to get osu!'s likeliness out there a little more, just to break up the mass of Halo and Call of Duty articles that flood the Games section of course.
SonicFan344
Way past Nice!
Mondo Awesome!
D33d
Top ten favourite beatmaps? Make sure that 'Aha?' makes the cut. :3
show more