forum

even after 150H of osu i can't feel comfortable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azurrix
Hi ! ( and sry for my bad english ^^ )

When i started osu everything was fine but as i was doing harder map, i felt more and more less comfortable.
the thing is that i can't figure what is the best tablet area for me, kept the same for 1year and had still problems to reach the corner even if my area was small. This is the same problem for my grip with the pen, i'm comfortable with it but when it come to play osu, it limit my movement and sometime it move in my hand while playing.
The question is, would increase drastically my area and try a new grip that is not comfortable but let me move everywhere and stick with it be a good idea, or should i increase by little each day my area and change my grip slowly ?
it's really annoying to still have these problem as i've assumed everything would be solved by just playing and do thing that are natural for me as it's commonly said...and i really tried, thinking of uninstalling osu right now but i really don't want :/
Endaris
Your problem is that you're not playing enough.
You're not getting used to playing osu! and therefore not used to using your pen to play osu!.
Your pen is a tool and like every tool it needs time and effort to learn controlling it.
If you are playing infrequently, you can't start off where you left last time but always have to work to get back where you were. As a result you're barely moving forward as you invest the majority of your time on derusting your skill.
The only solution to this is to play more and to play more frequently.

From my personal experience I'm making progress if I hit about 1000 playcount per month or more but this also depends on your retry-behaviour. I'm someone who doesn't retry too much though so it makes sense to take that as a reference value.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Use mouse
Psyical
hey.
try to change your area to the largest area and minimize it slowly/
Fizzly
If you try a new grip and it is painful or very uncomfortable, then don't use it. If its slightly uncomfortable play with it for a while (a i mean a couple of days if you only play short sessions) and see how it is. You should find some comfortable grips and just the one that gives the best results.

Once you've found a grip then change area after, because changing both at the same time can make it harder to get used too.
Topic Starter
Azurrix
thx all for the answers. So think i'll try to find a new grip then change my area almost to the max and minimize it as time pass
The Gambler
Don't forget to play songs that challenge you. There's songs that will bore you, and then there are songs that will enrage you. Challenging is right in between that.

Usually comes in the form of a trap song.
My Angel Jeremy
After 800 hours I still feel like im shit
Naimae
i have this same problem, when i make my area smaller for a while i can hit jumps well but then i start underaiming a lot
idk the solution, but i imagine it has to do something with waiting to play maps that require quick movements so you can focus more on actually aiming. if you have to make your area smaller, you can. i am. but i'm scared of what happens if i have to make it too small.

regarding grip, don't worry about particular grips too much. just do what feels most natural and don't look at grips as positions you can choose from. your grip is flexible, but should feel natural and comfortable to you.
show more