forum

Get Rid of Difficulty Labels in Song Titles

posted
Total Posts

Should we get rid of "Difficulty Title" in song titles?

Yes
0.00%
No
100.00%
Total votes: 6
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
monztrosity
We only ever identify the difficulty of a map by the star (*) difficulty, and maybe the beatmapper, Never the difficulty text set by the beatmapper right after the song title. Nobody calls Flower Dance by it's "[Flower]", "[Blossom]", or "[Shinki's Inflorescence]" difficulty or the 7.07* Freedom Dive "Freedom Dive '[Four Dimensions]' Difficulty" - for example, we would simply call it "7* Freedom Dive". I've never heard anybody call a map by the beatmapper's difficulty label, not even in tournaments.

These titles are meaningless to the community as a whole, and just messy. I think it'd be rather nice to do away with them. Just my thoughts.
Babysnaps
Well I think its quite okay tbh to let mappers be a lil "flowery" with the difficulty names. After who wouldn't take pride in their own maps?
Sandy Hoey
What would the benefit be to getting rid of them? Most people might not use them, but they are not a problem
Nitrous
Many people memorize the song's difficulty name to differentiate many versions of a map of the same song.
[MTF] Wolfette

monztrosity wrote:

We only ever identify the difficulty of a map by the star (*) difficulty, and maybe the beatmapper, Never the difficulty text set by the beatmapper right after the song title. Nobody calls Flower Dance by it's "[Flower]", "[Blossom]", or "[Shinki's Inflorescence]" difficulty or the 7.07* Freedom Dive "Freedom Dive '[Four Dimensions]' Difficulty" - for example, we would simply call it "7* Freedom Dive". I've never heard anybody call a map by the beatmapper's difficulty label, not even in tournaments.

These titles are meaningless to the community as a whole, and just messy. I think it'd be rather nice to do away with them. Just my thoughts.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
abraker
"Four Dimensions" is actually pretty well known and the first thing that pops up on people's mind when that is mentioned is Freedom Dive.

That said, the ranking criteria used to allow arbitrary difficulty names for any difficulty, but that later got changed to just the hardest difficulty. Imo it's fine like that and doesn't cause all too much confusion.
show more