forum

Ban log [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
Wojjan
Make a thread in announcements about who got banned and for what. The lack of clarity in what is and what isn't a bannable offense has led to users quitting the game and forums, and having a place for the bat or gmt to report on who they ban or don't sounds like a step in the right direction.

Emphasis on clarity. Bans should not be a behind-the-scenes matter.
Backfire
Support.
Where are my votes, I wish to spam them on this.
Last Remnant_old
Many games have something like page called "Pillory" or "Hall of Shame" which is in format of: <username> - <ban_reason> - <banned from> - <banned until>, so if something like that could be made, I support!
Rii_old_1
I'd love to see this, support.
And maybe some way to contact a person after getting banned, or being able to e-mail them after would be nice, some people have a ban on their name, but no reason given why, this is pure bullshit, everyone has the right to know why someone is banned. I don't like to miss good friends, especially not when I don't know why.

checked my friend list for banned friends and I would love to know why these people were banned without a reason showing.
Rue: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/417551
Panzy: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/1173380
and some others got their account deleted =.="
Mercurial
Supporting this.
Copter-kun
Support.
Shohei Ohtani
If there was a ban log, it'd be cool if it's like how Konami does their banlist for Yu-Gi-Oh! (Kinda like how everyone else has been suggesting)

like this. . .

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/events/suspended.html
DerekMcD
Sakura

kokoroanime wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=55807&hilit=Ban+log - Denied.
viewtopic.php?p=562007#p562007 Someone already made one like this.
Those are different, those are only viewable by the banned user in-game telling them how long they are banned and why instead of the usual message, what's being proposed here is a public log of all the bans that happen.
Enna Alouette
support ~
Ephemeral
I support this.

Would give a use for ban reasons, finally.
Liut
Support.
Mismagius
Supporting.
Agnes
All my stars.
MonoCholor
Support.

Rii wrote:

I'd love to see this, support.
And maybe some way to contact a person after getting banned, or being able to e-mail them after would be nice, some people have a ban on their name, but no reason given why, this is pure bullshit, everyone has the right to know why someone is banned. I don't like to miss good friends, especially not when I don't know why.

checked my friend list for banned friends and I would love to know why these people were banned without a reason showing.
Rue: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/417551
Panzy: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/1173380
and some others got their account deleted =.="
Maybe just hidden. If you type *an example username* into the search thing you can't find the profile but the messages still exist. Annoying isn't it. It's done to someone I know.
Sander-Don
Supporting this. I think it would be pretty useful.
Stefan

Backfire wrote:

Support.
Where are my votes, I wish to spam them on this.
Same. >3<
Vish024
I believe ppy used to announce who got banned every month or so on announcements. referring to them as "bad souls" or something.

And I'd like to know why aevv was banned as well
Nitojgrem
Supporting too here~

I think it would be helpful and I didn't see there a real point why not.
SapphireGhost
Agreeing with this. Don't have much more constructive stuff to say so I won't pretend that I do.
Raging Bull

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I believe ppy used to announce who got banned every month or so on announcements. referring to them as "bad souls" or something.

And I'd like to know why aevv was banned as well

If I remember, I think aevv was proving a point how mods wont ban cheaters without actual proof so aevv uploaded a video of himself cheating to prove it. Then he decided to keep on cheating since he knew he would be banned.
Gonzvlo
I'll support this just to see if this can bring any improvements to the community.

Although, do you guys remember when "X" was banned due to cheating but nobody believed peppy when he said that "X" cheated? Do you remember how many flame threads/fights/massive spam that caused?. If the community is going to trust the staff then sure let's do it! BUT if the community is going to start flame wars every time somebody is banned then I can see this being counter productive when it comes to getting rid of cheaters.

Requesting something is really easy but we also have to collaborate with staff in order to make this "feature" work.
Breeze
This would be a nice idea
support
TBTE
Bump
Topic Starter
Wojjan

Gonzvlo wrote:

I'll support this just to see if this can bring any improvements to the community.

Although, do you guys remember when "X" was banned due to cheating but nobody believed peppy when he said that "X" cheated? Do you remember how many flame threads/fights/massive spam that caused?. If the community is going to trust the staff then sure let's do it! BUT if the community is going to start flame wars every time somebody is banned then I can see this being counter productive when it comes to getting rid of cheaters.

Requesting something is really easy but we also have to collaborate with staff in order to make this "feature" work.
Gonzvlo, I'd appreciate a name instead of "X," since I can't remember a case like yours.

Regardless, I thought of that issue too, but in the end I feel the cases of people not believing cheats are far outweighed by people who have their friends show up banned for no explanation (aevv seems to be the most common example) However, cases where people get banned for cheating shouldn't be gone over lightly. It would probably behoove the admins to save a replay, or even record and upload one unlistedly on youtube if you really want to do it right, where it shows exactly how and where he's cheating. In the end, a ban is an admin's decision. I however think that a ban log would both help admins make a case for the people they've banned, along with hopefully at least a screengrab of their transgression, and give regular players the chance to inform themselves before raging against the admins because a friend got rightfully banned.

There is no "maybe cheating." All you need is a clear enough case and you're good to go for a ban, and any dissenters should just be able to look up a replay and think "well yeah."
Tsukasa
yeah a ban log would be nice
TBTE
Bump.
peppy
Until the day I implement something like this, just assume that every ban is cheat related. There have only been a few which aren't, and these are cases you would already know (like friendok level stuff).
Azure_Kite
I actually don't know what happened with friendok, but since I see everyone jokes about it I guess he was the class clown to the point of ridiculousness or something.
Mercurial
Just something like you said there.

friendok is being a kind of troll or something with non-sense and non-funny jokes who nobody wants to hear.
Wishy
I kieeeeeeeeeel you.
-Athena-
Learn to spelling nab

Wow 3 stars from Agnes lol
TBTE
bump
Birdy
Why bumping? peppy said that most are cheat related and there's no need for this.

I mean yeah, the idea is cool, but not in place like this.
Tamara_Less
I support of course.

We need to know the decisions and why BAT banned us like (reason-time of ban) etc.
If was by mistake or not. By example : If someone don't point to my face and say"look those things you are doing isn't cool or you are bothering me or it's against the rules of the game, please read them!"(example:cheating, spamming, or making people angry), its clearly that i'll continue doing those things. Because if we don't read the rules so often we might forget em and start to going in the bad way :/
(After warnings from a bat, AND this doesn't solve the problem. I guess Warnings should be sent to the person's inbox on forum. IF! the person never committed something early like 3 weeks ago.) if did so, ban for a period of time and give the reasons like

this person 'nickname' was banned by <reason> and for days~months~forever

Thats my point of view.
MillhioreF
99% of the time, those who are banned know why they were banned. Nobody else needs to know, and in many cases knowing would just cause excess drama.
There's no such thing as "temporary bans" - you're thinking of silences, and there's already a 2-week running log for those.

If someone doesn't know why they were banned in those 1% of cases, they can e-mail accounts@ppy.sh and peppy will explain it to them, and possibly give a chance to appeal. The system isn't going to change.