forum

Top 20 Players of 2011 (osu! Standard) Video [POLL]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rii_old_1
I don't know a lot of people, not that active with who's best, but I'd vote anyway
• Cookiezi
• Rucker
• White Wolf
• SiLviA
• Reisen Udongein
• Niko-
• Torein 13rd
• TTTL
• Tom94
• Gadaffi
Wishy
There was some clear statement about not voting your friends, this goes for several people.
dlovan

Mustaash wrote:

me

no seriously, no particular order:
Cookiezi
White Wolf
5321_Kinoko
Rucker
Flute
SiLviA
SapphireGhost
Renard
KeigoClear

nobody mentionned me :(::(:(:(:(:(:(;:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
I see Cookiezi is so good he got nominated two times \:D/
Nary89
my tops 7 instead of ten on osu XP
cookieze
uan
Silivia
Ruckers
maid
Reisen udongein
white wolf
kriers

dlovan wrote:

Mustaash wrote:

me

Cookiezi
White Wolf
5321_Kinoko
Rucker
Flute
SiLviA
SapphireGhost
Renard
KeigoClear

icwudt
DarkRingSystem
Whtie Wolf
Cookieze
Ruker
SiLviviA
Reisen Udongeing
yUan
tuolei 13rd
wogennimacao

夜露死苦
that's all :roll:
Reisen Udongein
can't understand why people put shaggon on their list... guys it's 2011 vote poll! not 2010 :<
Xcuti0n
1.Cookiezi
2.White Wolf
3.SiLviA
4.KRZY
5.Remilia-Scarlet
6.Mesita
7.Rucker
8.Neruell
9.Val0108
10.Geckogates
-Athena-

dlovan wrote:

Mustaash wrote:

me

Cookiezi
White Wolf
5321_Kinoko
Rucker
Flute
SiLviA
SapphireGhost
Renard
KeigoClear

i see Cookiezi has a new synonym
Gotori
White Wolf
ShaggoN ( he is the best acc player 2010 & 2011 too)
AmaiHachimitsu
Niko-
SiLviA
CXu
Mesita
Rucker
fartownik
TTTL
Salvage
We should seriously ignore those kind of votes.
Guerra
1-azuraer
2-Gladi
3-taNa
4-Cookiezi
5-Ignacio
Gaba

Gotori wrote:

White Wolf
ShaggoN
AmaiHachimitsu
Niko-
SiLviA
CXu
Mesita
Rucker
fartownik
TTTL

Is what Salvage said, we should ignore these kind of votes.
Mismagius
1. Gaba
2. fabriciorby
3. myself
4. Caco
5. Asterio
6. Coy
7. Utena
8. Bianco
9. antsu
10. White Wolf

No, seriously?

now for full voting

1. Cookiezi
2. White Wolf
3. SilviA
4. Reisen
5. Rucker
6. Remilia-Scarlet
7. Flute
8. Niko-
9. KeigoClear
10. M A I D
Topic Starter
Lunah
as I wrote, please be objective, You can't a vote a player that DID NOT PLAY in the last year, this is : top 2011, not a top of your favorite players

I guess I should follow what Salvage wrote
Wishy
Yeah, ignore retarded votes, some stuff is clear and the top 4/5 can't really be topic of debate, the best 4/5 players are obvious and all you may do is change the other of the 2~5 ones.
kriers

Wishy22 wrote:

Yeah, ignore retarded votes, some stuff is clear and the top 4/5 can't really be topic of debate, the best 4/5 players are obvious and all you may do is change the other of the 2~5 ones.
No votes are retarded so long as they're serious. No matter how silly they sound from your own subjective point of view.
Gaba

kriers wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

No votes are retarded so long as they're serious. No matter how silly they sound from your own subjective point of view.
No, really.

Putting this player: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/amaihachimitsu or any other common player in front of clearly top players is indeed retarded, that guy was simply voting for his country friends.

Wishy isn't being subjective, everyone knows who are top 5 even if you play the game for 1 month, what amazes me is old players that knows very well who they are and still vote like retards for their friends.
Aoko

Blue Dragon wrote:

Cookiezi
White Wolf
SilviA
Rucker
This.
Extra:
♫ Uan
♫ Rii
♫ val0108
kriers

Gaba wrote:

No, really.

Putting this player: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/amaihachimitsu or any other common player in front of clearly top players is indeed retarded, that guy was simply voting for his country friends.

Wishy isn't being subjective, everyone knows who are top 5 even if you play the game for 1 month, what amazes me is old players that knows very well who they are and still vote like retards for their friends.
No, really.

So long as players are given the right to vote for their players, no matter how retarded it must seem to you, it still is their right to do so. What's the point in voting if anything that wishy or you don't like will make it void?
Salvage
It's not a bout that kriers, we're not trying to show we apply democracy here and that we're not some badass guys who want to manipulate the users votes, that doesn't even matter here .. we are voting to make an interesting top 20 video of osu players, top 1-5 it's clearly that way and it can't change, not because we're some anti democratic fascists or anything like that, but because the idea is the video to look as it should look, and i think u can't deny the 1-5 places are those.
Gaba
If the pool was made that way, everyone would vote for friends and that would be a mess.

Lesslunatic said to be objective, there's no point in making a top 20 if these players aren't really top players.
Topic Starter
Lunah

kriers wrote:

No, really.

So long as players are given the right to vote for their players, no matter how retarded it must seem to you, it still is their right to do so. What's the point in voting if anything that wishy or you don't like will make it void?
No matters, I am asking few things to users that vote; be objective is one of these, I am not saying "you must vote those players", But it's like someone voting Cyclone or Saturos as 2011 best player, this make no sense, at least I am asking to vote active players..
kriers

Salvage wrote:

It's not a bout that kriers, we're not trying to show we apply democracy here and that we're not some badass guys who want to manipulate the users votes, that doesn't even matter here .. we are voting to make an interesting top 20 video of osu players, top 1-5 it's clearly that way and it can't change, not because we're some anti democratic fascists or anything like that, but because the idea is the video to look as it should look, and i think u can't deny the 1-5 places are those.
Because there doesn't seem to be a good way to measure skill except for opinions, voting is inevitable.
With voting, you get all the negatives effects of it as well and some places might get swapped.

It's impossible to make the list look entirely right for everyone.

I can't deny the 1-5 places, but if someone does, I can't deny their opinion either :roll:
Bittersweet

Blue Dragon wrote:

1. Gaba
2. fabriciorby
3. myself
4. Caco
5. Asterio
6. Coy
7. Utena
8. Bianco
9. antsu
10. White Wolf

No, seriously?

now for full voting

1. Cookiezi
2. White Wolf
3. SilviA
4. Reisen
5. Rucker
6. Remilia-Scarlet
7. Flute
8. Niko-
9. KeigoClear
10. M A I D

You should know i'm better than ww, bd u.u
Salvage

kriers wrote:

I can't deny the 1-5 places, but if someone does, I can't deny their opinion either :roll:

It can be analyzed and dropped in case of ridiculousness.

With this i mean that sure, there is freedom for everyone to vote, but if the votes doesn't make sense or even there are in a stupid order then it could be changed or even ignored, we shouldn't stick to that "everyone has the right to vote who they want", cause the idea is to make a good looking and legit video and not another one like last year (well i actually liked it but it was kind of messed up in terms of places)-.
kriers

Salvage wrote:

It can be analyzed and dropped in case of ridiculousness.
With enough serious votes, ridiculous propositions won't make it among top10, anyway.

I would actually prefer it if 1 person, or a small team of commonly trusted players, took the responsibility of interviewing several top players and use the forums to ask for opinions (rather than votes that count).

Let's say if all these votes became guidelines instead?
Vish024

Salvage wrote:

We should seriously ignore those kind of votes.
Salvage
@kriers: It's a good idea, but this could be done on a votecount too if it's approached the right way, previously said .. i'm okay with that one too but idk if it's nessesary.
Megurine Luka
1. Cookiezi
2. Silvia
3. Rucker
4. White wolf
5. val0108
6. Uan
7. Flute
8. Reisen Udongein
9. Snow white
10. Sprosive
Wishy

kriers wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Many players really think Shaggon is a top player nowadays, we all know he is really far away from being even into the top 20. It may be subjective but some people REALLY think some players are top players when they are, in reality, not even comparable.
Wishy

kriers wrote:

Salvage wrote:

Because there doesn't seem to be a good way to measure skill except for opinions, voting is inevitable.
With voting, you get all the negatives effects of it as well and some places might get swapped.

It's impossible to make the list look entirely right for everyone.

Then name this as "Most popular players" please. Only votes from people who show some kind of knowledge should be accepted, votes from some random guy who comes and shows he has no clue about who are the best players should be ignored. Democracy's weakness comes from the people voting since they may know nothing about what they are voting, the mere fact of doing this an "everyone can vote" thing is stupid, but at least just go and ignore some people for the sake of making a good top, don't let it be like last year's.
-Athena-
I didn't think Rucker was as impressive last year compared to before, so i didn't include him XD
nVidi4x
1.Cookiezi
2.White Wolf
3.Reisen Udongein
4.M A I D
5.Rucker
6.KeigoClear
7.Mesita
8.SiLviA
9.Niko-
10.val0108
CXu
So if I voted Rucker as #1 in 2011, WW as #2, Silvia as #3 and Cookiezi as #4, you would just "lolfuckyou" and disregard my voting just because "hey it's obvious Cookiezi is #1 huehue"?

That's silly.
Topic Starter
Lunah

CXu wrote:

So if I voted Rucker as #1 in 2011, WW as #2, Silvia as #3 and Cookiezi as #4, you would just "lolfuckyou" and disregard my voting just because "hey it's obvious Cookiezi is #1 huehue"?

That's silly.
Stop with this, I am getting sick of you. I\we didn't decide to ignore any vote, I was just saying as someone (rightly wrote), do you think will be right see a player that did not play in the last year into the top 20? C'mon we all know that ShaggoN is a pro, okay, but he did not play the last year; well I am not going to ignore any vote, the discussion ends here, let people vote, learn to read and stop discussing.
kriers

lesslunatic wrote:

CXu wrote:

That's silly.
Stop with this, I am getting sick of you. I\we didn't decide to ignore any vote, I was just saying as someone (rightly wrote), do you think will be right see a player that did not play in the last year into the top 20? C'mon we all know that ShaggoN is a pro, okay, but he did not play the last year; well I am not going to ignore any vote, the discussion ends here, let people vote, learn to read and stop discussing.
Don't pick on CXu, because he does have a point here. And yeah, let's stop discussing any further. At the same time, you should stop disrespecting votes from here on. Shaggon did play in 2011, so he can be counted in, wether you like it or not.
Topic Starter
Lunah

kriers wrote:

you should stop disrespecting votes from here on.
did I ? D:
kriers

lesslunatic wrote:

kriers wrote:

you should stop disrespecting votes from here on.
did I ? D:
Any vote for Shaggon should count.
Topic Starter
Lunah

kriers wrote:

Any vote for Shaggon should count.

lesslunatic wrote:

I didn't decide to ignore any vote
pointless discussion. lol; keep the subject of the topic, let's vote!
show more