forum

Another moderator for #finnish [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
FisHie_old
Hello there.

We need another moderator for #finnish.
The current moderator (Orkel) is a cool guy and does a good job, but sometimes it's hard to get in contact with him when we would need his help with something. When that happens we usually ask foreign moderators to help, but the language barrier makes things difficult. Having two moderators would be really helpful and FUCKING SUGOI BRO!

So please, osu!, pimp my #finnish.

Thanks.
Mara
I am supporting this, but we need nominations..?
Orkel
Also supporting
thelewa

LunaticMara wrote:

I am supporting this, but we need nominations..?
obviously me

everyone loves me
AtomicTroop
Supporting.

Ragelewa, I'm fairly sure self-nominations are a big no-no.
Mara
I'm fairly sure [/sarcasm].
Mukku
I support ragelewa
Valentiino
I give my support to LunaticMara.
If no one else supports this, then I'd go with ragelewa.
ethox
Nominatee here. just no.

The only person who I see as a viable moderator is LunaticMara based on activity, knowledge of the community and the game, but most imporantly, respect towards fellow players as well as receiving it.

/thread

edit: #finnish needs an active moderator against invasions
AtomicTroop
To be honest, I just can't see ragelewa OR LunaticMara as moderators.
I have this feeling that they can't take things seriously enough when it's necessary.
Bass
I am not finnish but from what I see, Mianki behaves well...so how about him?
IppE
Mianki isn't around that much.
thelewa
What we need is an OP that would be around pretty much 24/7, someone with absolutely no life outside of osu!
Valentiino

ragelewa wrote:

What we need is an OP that would be around pretty much 24/7, someone with absolutely no life outside of osu!
I no longer fit that description ;__; (been outside my house way too often lately + I'm not as well known in the community, nor knowledged in it)
Mara
I am bumping this, since apparently we are still having this problem in our channel. After a small discussion, here are all the people who can be a moderator;

Zapy
Mukku
IppE
Valentiino
ethox
ethox
I'm still up for the job, only as the channel moderator, since I do hang on IRC pretty often.

The only person more qualified for the job have already been stated and/or failed.

LUNATICMARA FOR CONGRESS! ask him, I do his bidding.
Mara
We'll be waiting for possible answers.

Also it wouldn't hurt if there are two new moderators.
Mukku
+1 for ethox and Mara
IppE
I'd back up anyone on the list mara has there (aside from myself, I'm in no position to do that).
boat
ippe for president

but I guess this is the same story as with #scandi, do you really feel like its that much of a mess that it needs more moderators? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea.
Mukku

boat wrote:

ippe for president

but I guess this is the same story as with #scandi, do you really feel like its that much of a mess that it needs more moderators? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea.
Yesterday people from other countries came in and spammed #finnish in foreign languages. That was not nice. That situation cried for a moderator.
Mara
and it's not the first time, just sayin'