forum

Map length

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
D_Loomz
Looking for a bit of advice. I only play like almost 2-3-4 minute songs only for like a week now. But should i really avoid 90-120 s songs or play them too at least a bit daily? Maybe avoiding them totally isn't the best idea.
dung eater
If you enjoy the songs why not play them? If you wait same time between plays you will wait a lot more of your playtime playing short songs.

Play some 5 - 15 min songs, too.
My Angel Jeremy
play whatever you want lol
Topic Starter
D_Loomz

jaaakb wrote:

If you enjoy the songs why not play them? If you wait same time between plays you will wait a lot more of your playtime playing short songs.

Play some 5 - 15 min songs, too.
ty^^
Topic Starter
D_Loomz

My Angel Jeremy wrote:

play whatever you want lol
LUL
Wishes
Play longer maps to improve, play short maps to farm pp. So play both.
Nattsun

Wishes wrote:

Long maps are free pp. I don't know why everyone avoids them when they are objectively easier and worth more.

@OP
Play whatever you want mate, it's not about the length of the song, it's about the patterns. Just expose yourself to new patterns once in a while and you should be fine.
-Makishima S-
Long maps gives more advantage than short once:
- consistency training
- more pp due length
- often wider wariety of patterns to train
- more balanced map difficulty progression (unless its sotarks map... with no balance whatsoever)
- mostly full size of songs, without bad cuts made by amateurs (I look at you sotarks, fucking amateur...)
- still no pp with HD unless stream heavy map, because why not to touch most sensitive mod in global ranking and create a mayheim
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Wishes

Nattsun wrote:

Wishes wrote:

Long maps are free pp. I don't know why everyone avoids them when they are objectively easier and worth more.

@OP
Play whatever you want mate, it's not about the length of the song, it's about the patterns. Just expose yourself to new patterns once in a while and you should be fine.

Um I think it is just subjectly easier for you lol. Longer map means more chance of having a random slider break or miss in the middle making it objectively harder to FC simply because more objects mean more chances to mess up.