forum

Struggling to play it 2keys to click instead of just 1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dumbledoor
After watching streams and videos from high skill players I realized that they all play with two fingers on the keyboard. What I mean is, I am currently OK at maps in the range of 2-3 stars and use only one key for clicking, but I am sure in harder maps I will have problems playing like that.
Now I try to play with two keys from time to time and really can't get the hang of it and get off beat/rhythm very fast which makes me fail even super easy maps. I tried to find advice on getting into playing with two keys but did not really find anything that helped.
So my question is, are there any good maps to practice clicking that and/or do you guys have any advice on how I can improve my performance with playing with two keys. I know just playing like that a lot is one of the best ways to practice, but failing even on easy two star maps that I nearly FC with one key but are not able to pass them with two is pretty demotivating.

If anything is unclear on what I mean or more information about my skill level etc. is needed, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance to everyone who is trying to help me improve with that. :)
D_Loomz
It's called alternating :D and yeah it's kinda hellish to learn by singletappers (a.k.a me too) From what i've heard plenty of times it's taking a really long time for some people months to learn it properly. Average and good players usually can do both, singletapping and alternating, so that's definitely the way to go. You should really know that singletap is usually more accurate, and alt is muuuch much better to play with with high bpm, in the 2-3 star zone there arent really high bpm songs tho. So it's definitely a big advantage to play with but if u don't want to invest time to it then dont rush it. I bet the only advice you will really get is practice it a LOT
Topic Starter
Dumbledoor

DLoomz wrote:

It's called alternating :D and yeah it's kinda hellish to learn by singletappers (a.k.a me too) From what i've heard plenty of times it's taking a really long time for some people months to learn it properly. Average and good players usually can do both, singletapping and alternating, so that's definitely the way to go. You should really know that singletap is usually more accurate, and alt is muuuch much better to play with with high bpm, in the 2-3 star zone there arent really high bpm songs tho. So it's definitely a big advantage to play with but if u don't want to invest time to it then dont rush it. I bet the only advice you will really get is practice it a LOT

Thanks for the quick response.
I was already very certain that a lot of playing that way is the only real way to practice it. I guess I should focus on everything else first (being on beat/rhythm, reading maps, timing, etc.) and once I get to maps with streams I can focus on practicing with 2 fingers. After all, I mostly read about playing with 2 fingers becomes important once you have streams in the maps you play.
DXPOHIHIHI
I tried full alternating since I started osu and hell my accuracy was shit, like 89% but after 6 months I switch to singletap and hell there came alot of improvement!

My accuracy went from 89 to 97% from no fc's to unintentionall fc's but the only cons of this is that your speed has been halfed.

So I still recommend staying at singletapping
My Angel Jeremy
press 2 keys at the same time to use your long trained hand muscles( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)