forum

[osu!mania] 5/6/18 Between The Buried and Me - Telos by Phil Vote/Discussion

posted
Total Posts

Should Between The Buried and Me - Telos by Phil be Loved?

Yes
93.85%
No
6.15%
Total votes: 65
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
Between The Buried and Me - Telos by Phil
Captain's Description (by Shoegazer):
The catalyst for XeoStyle's full-album project -- The Parallax II: Future Sequence, we are nominating Phil's progressive metal epic, Telos. If you enjoyed XeoStyle's 1-hour marathon but wanted a more compact version of the aforementioned marathon, this chart will be right up your alley.

The Telos chart in XeoStyle's marathon is actually a toned down version of this chart (this was done to prevent the chart from skewing the difficulty curve of the marathon too much). Phil's unfettered chart is aggressive and compelling, but pensive and meticulous in many other sections. Blisteringly fast trills, fast-paced jumpgluts, long shrill jumpstreams, solemn slow PR'd sections, those are a few things that you will find in this progressive epic. In my eyes, while Phil's chart might not be quite as ambitious as XeoStyle's full album marathon, the chart itself encompasses what is required for a progressive marathon chart to be considered memorable. That memorability is what makes it stand out from other marathon charts, and it is what makes this chart a viable nominee for the Loved section.

Please use the space below to discuss why you believe this map should (or should not!) enter the Loved Category.
The poll will run for 7 days. Revoting will be enabled for the sole purpose of changing your answer in the case that the discussion sways your vote otherwise after submission.

Link to this week's main thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/742431