forum

I feel like my mouse is limiting me from fc'ing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
I noticed that I never get close to a comfortable position with my mouse.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I always choke with 1x miss everytime.. I have got like 50+ choke plays because of my FU****** mouse.

So here are my plans..

A: I'm gonna wait until I can buy a new tablet
Rate of funds to buy tablet: 5/100
I'll probably play mania or something else

or..

B: I'll continue playing even though my mouse is shit

What plan of mine do you guys think I should take?
ManuelOsuPlayer
Open your eyes.
aggabear
There's a lot of amazing players out there that use mouse.

I'd say stop trying to fc everything, just play the game for fun, since you won't get better otherwise.

Also make sure to not be holding your mouse too tightly, since it will cause your hand to tense and get tired which may be a contributing factor to your issue. Just glide the mouse along.

You can still get your tablet once you've saved up but until then you should still keep playing osu.

I'd also recommend maybe buying a new mouse?
D_Loomz
If you think that playing with pen will be more fun than playing with mouse, then you should make the move, for me it's definitely more fun to play with. For limiting i don't know, you can try some new mouse grips maybe which are more comfortable if it's the only problem :) Well it's more customizable for you, and holding a pen it's probably more comfortable so firetruck maybe it's better But definitely don't stop playing if u dont feel tired ot it even even when you're waiting for the tab to arrive.
Frikandel
mouse is easiest way to play the game
KupcaH
your brain is limiting you from fc'ing
Fxjlk
Its much easier to blame anything but yourself when things go wrong.

The trick is to never blame and you never blame when you are having fun with the process of learning and experiencing the game to its fullest extent.

Getting a tablet or any other peripheral may give you a 1-3% edge or whatever but it still wont fill the emptiness you feel from chasing success. Stop chasing success, chase what leads to success.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
Nope I definetly think my mouse is limiting me, if I do a upward or downward mouse movement my grip starts to tense and sooner or later my mouse is sliding off the mousepad
Deva

KupcaH wrote:

your brain is limiting you from fc'ing
This and get a tablet asap.

Just because there are amazing mouse players out there it doesn't mean that your mouse isn't limiting you. It sure did limit me.

szkiller wrote:

Nope I definetly think my mouse is limiting me, if I do a upward or downward mouse movement my grip starts to tense and sooner or later my mouse is sliding off the mousepad
Naw that's just you then
aggabear
Buy a new mouse and mouse pad?
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

bunnync wrote:

Buy a new mouse and mouse pad?

I think ill buy a tablet, my mouse is the average a4tech mouse(the ones that are usually seen in computer labs)
ManuelOsuPlayer

szkiller wrote:

That's called drift. You learn to compensate it using muscle memory to a point you can't notice anymore.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

szkiller wrote:

That's called drift. You learn to compensate it using muscle memory to a point you can't notice anymore.

But how!? My stupid mouse is quite long and my palm keeps hitting it and I cant get a good grip on it
Wishes

szkiller wrote:

But how!? My stupid mouse is quite long and my palm keeps hitting it and I cant get a good grip on it
Get a smaller mouse then. Ideally the mouse should be around 60% of the size of your hand in terms of both length (wrist to fingertip) and width (across the thumb + palm). If it's too big/small you're not going to have a good grip.

If you are already comfortable in playing with mouse there is no real reason to switch to tablet, it will not instantly make you better (would take a good while to adjust). Buy a good gaming mouse with a good sensor and a comfortable size/shape, and you can use it in other games too.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Wishes wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Get a smaller mouse then. Ideally the mouse should be around 60% of the size of your hand in terms of both length (wrist to fingertip) and width (across the thumb + palm). If it's too big/small you're not going to have a good grip.

If you are already comfortable in playing with mouse there is no real reason to switch to tablet, it will not instantly make you better (would take a good while to adjust). Buy a good gaming mouse with a good sensor and a comfortable size/shape, and you can use it in other games too.

Seems like your right! I should have never switched from my old mouse to my new mouse.
So I borrowed back my small mouse that measures about my 4 fingers pinky exlcuded, and my speed increased and moving downward and upward seems more easier.

So I think I'll stay playing standard, and I'll also play a bit of mania :)
abraker
Actually after switching to a higher dpi mouse I have reason to believe higher dpi reduces mouse drift.
Wishes

abraker wrote:

Actually after switching to a higher dpi mouse I have reason to believe higher dpi reduces mouse drift.
Well, the higher dpi makes you move less and since you move less you drift less. I don't think it has much to do with the mouse itself.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Wishes wrote:

abraker wrote:

Well, the higher dpi makes you move less and since you move less you drift less. I don't think it has much to do with the mouse itself.

yep dpi doesn't seem to do anything else except slow download the sens.

Tokyo Zero Hearts [Extra] Faylan
38 minutes ago
192pp

(can you) understand me? [uhh?] Komiya Mao
about 2 hours ago
182pp

and other S plays like over 10+

seems like I was being handicapped bigtime by my stupid new mouse xD
ManuelOsuPlayer
You're just playing badly. Play better.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

You're just playing badly. Play better.

blame my new mouse
Fxjlk

abraker wrote:

It reduces the amount of movement therefore reduces the amount of drift in terms of distance. However since you are at a higher DPI any drift is experienced as larger anyway since your hand is restricted to a smaller range of motion. Therefore the distance effect is probably cancelled out.

There is another advantage with higher dpi though, adjusting for drift is easier since you have to move less distance to correct the drift.

The downside to higher dpi is that since you are using less of your hand and arm the effect of RSI is higher. Many great tablet and mouse players recommend that to reduce RSI effects you should use lower DPI/tablet area.

So its best to strike a balance with your DPI to reduce drift to manageable levels and spread the strain to reduce RSI.
LostLunar
do whatever the fuck you want
nothing's stopping you
plzenjoygame
Nattsun

szkiller wrote:

Tokyo Zero Hearts [Extra] Faylan
38 minutes ago
192pp

(can you) understand me? [uhh?] Komiya Mao
about 2 hours ago
182pp