forum

Celebrity PYP Mafia (TOWN VICTORY!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rantai
"You are Michael Jackson – the king of pop. You are a force of music, attracting fans, critics and enemies alike. However, the ones you depended on to protect you from others and yourself are unable to perform their duty. Once this game, you may attract all night actions towards you but you may not be protected from night kills. You are a macho lightning rod.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated."
NoHitter
And Rantai, that's a direct copy paste of your role?
Rantai
Yes.
NoHitter
So we either lynch between Michael Jackson who is a Framer from Sync' perspective.
Or lynch Brad Pitt who is a Flavor Cop who got a wrong result regarding Two.

Rantai:
Gut says Rantai. His play style also has been "off" from his regular town play.
Right now, Rantai seems to be copying my style of play in Unnamed Mafia - staying neutral and giving some opinions and relying on facts more than reads.
His skill when he was motivated was also very convenient from scum. Not dying when targeted could "verify" his role without him dying.

And there's the matter of his claim:
"You are a macho lightning rod."

My role PM:
"You are an Odd Night Commuter."
Nitpicking, but when compared to Sync's claim: "You are a Flavour Cop." I can see the pattern.

There was also this huge delay between me calling him out and him actually posting the PM, which given the case of just copy-pasting, seems suspicious, as opposed to Sync's near instant posting of his role PM.
(Plus I know you were online in Sentou Gakuen, so I know you could have posted earlier.)

Sync:
Big fiasco regarding the lynch of Chris. I was a bit suspicious that a flavor cop would actually have a result of "guilty" in the actual report, because we had our own cop. Why would there be a doubling of roles? The only possible reason is a Framer, but the chances of actually Framing someone is low. (Targeting Chris, at the same time Framer would target Chris too)

But somehow, I think the very fact that Sync pushed THIS hard on Chris' lynch makes it seem that he really believed that Chris was guilty. IMO Mafia making a gambit like that is VERY risky. I wouldn't do something like out my previous scumbuddy (Wojjan) and then accuse someone like Chris, only to have his report turn out wrong. There are many ways this could have ended badly if he were really scum.

Plus Sync' play has been consistently giving off this townie feeling. He always questions and bounces off his thoughts as compared to Rantai who has been sort of quiet throughout the game. (Though the days ending when we were asleep could attest to this.)

Final Thoughts:
Rantai gave off more scumtells, and Sync looks more townie even with the Chris fiasco.
If I am over-complicating this then gg Sync and sorry town, but for now:
Vote: Rantai

Backfire, you should vote Rantai too.
(And now I can hopefully study for my biology exam part 2)
Rantai
While I've got a break from being thrashed in Mahjong;

It comes down to this really:

- Does a framer sound like something MJ would fit into?

(No, he was accused of crimes - note: not framed or did any framing, I believe he wasn't prosecuted due to lack of evidence)

- If no to the above then Sync's 'guilty' on Chris completely falls apart as there is no way he was framed UNLESS Hitter is mafia (which he is not, due to no quick hammer).

- Brad Pitt is an ACTOR. While his cop claim may be truthful, a flavour cop can easily be mafia. With the acting part put in, it actually makes sense as he can 'act' as town while being mafia.

- His outing of Wojjan was most probably a gambit to seem as town as possible as Wojjan was already under immense scrutiny (roleblocker claim, come on). You have to admit that is extremely easy to pull off given the circumstances.

- Don't forget that he was willing to rush the lynch into a basically guaranteed loss on the last day.

Anyway that's all I can point out at the moment, don't hammer just yet.
Backfire
Vote : Rantai
NoHitter
*crosses fingers*
Topic Starter
Mashley
That's the hammer. Lynch scene in a sec!
Rantai
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Salvage
Mvp goes to NoHitter clearly, goooooooooood job gg.
Topic Starter
Mashley
After a long, hard week of lynches, this was it. This was the final lynch. The entire game hung in the balance.
The celebrities chose their final lynch - Michael Jackson.

They had done it! Michael Jackson was the final member of the mafia!
The two surviving celebrities, Bradd Pitt (Flavour Cop) and Adele (Odd Night Commuter), alongside the spirit of Michael Cera, skipped freely away from the centre.

Rantai was Michael Jackson, the Mafia Framer. He could plant evidence on one player each night to implicate them as a 'smooth criminal' and make them appear guilty to any investigations. He had also inherited the role of Godfather after the death of Dustin Hoffman.

TOWN HAS WON THE GAME!

Mafia chat was here if you're interested: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/AnkYmmTU8djDn
I'll post more info in a bit, in the mean time feel free to ask any questions you have.
Rantai
Good game all. I am satisfied~

Edit: Beware, mafia chat is 99% my ramblings.
NoHitter
Gut + Tells + Caps Locks Failure = :)

Edit: I can finally study without any nagging feeling now.
Backfire
"The two surviving celebrities, Bradd Pitt (Flavour Cop) and Adele (Odd Night Commuter), alongside the spirit of Michael Cera, skipped freely away from the centre." This sounded so fucking epic. Spirit of Michael Cera. Yesssss.
Topic Starter
Mashley
Yep, say what you want about the balance but this game was a huge success. It's been one of the most active games on this forum ever, second only to You Are Mafia and that game had 23 players compared to this game's 12 which is obviously a huge difference. I will host Celebrity PYP Part 2 at some point in the future.
NoHitter
So anyway Mashley some mod comments:
1) Avoid making comments that do not sound unbiased.
2) Avoid ending the night prematurely unless all players have PM'd you or something.
3) Other than that, not a bad job for your first time.
Mara
Good game, this was quite fun indeed.
Two_old

NoHItter wrote:

Or lynch Brad Pitt who is a Flavor Cop who got a wrong result regarding Two.
Rantai
Wait what
NoHitter
Hmm... No idea why i typed that instead of Chris.
I guess Chris and Two are kind of inseparable...
Salvage
Mashley confimed so many people
Wojjan
that and DxS claimed innocent child as mafia
Rantai
Actually, why did you claim roleblocker?

I keep thinking I'm missing something.
Wojjan
I basically hoped to trueclaim to put some doubt on all the investigatives. Shoulda pushed harder on the fact that Sync was a rolecop in this setup with 2 cops already, really. Add in that he had a false result on someone, and pushed to lynch the doc and then not screw up the role PM and you got yourself a case.
Rantai
My aggressive play is non existent. Except that one time in to each their own.

I don't thinking pushing the 3 cops argument would have worked because if I was town I wouldn't have bought it. The false result, I tried using, failed at that in the end and LOL at my fake pm.

Good times. I still think you hate me for some reason.
Wojjan
I do OH well you tried your best!
Rantai
Aww :<

I guess that explains the roles I get from you :D
Sync
hooray

good job rantai. had no idea you were scum up until the endgame

except during the final push of getting chris lynched, you posted this:

Rantai wrote:

Ok so this plan depends on Sync's integrity. If you are confident he is town then I am happy to go through with this.
it made me go ?_?

also, you never did this:

Rantai wrote:

Don't worry, Chris. If you are town you have my word the first thing I post is "Vote: Sync"
YOU DIDN'T LIVE UP TO YOUR WORD

also, 2 cops, a joat, a motivator, and a bulletproof bodyguard felt so unlikely... I thought it was over for me once pieguy turned out to be a cop
Chris_old
oh look Jesus Christ wasn't mafia

who would of guessed
Rantai

Chris wrote:

oh look Jesus Christ wasn't mafia

who would of guessed
That was hilarious.

Edit: and yeah I kind of forgot Sync
Chris_old
also told you Mashley confirmed me/salvage as town

psychology is ez

gj though Rantai I really thought you were going to walk away with the win

I was surprised when you unvoted nohitter though cause him getting lynched/me the next day would of been a win definitely

especially with how sync/backfire were playing
Sync
:( damm you, Mashley

next time we play celebrity mafia pyp I'm going to pick Dustin Diamond as my celebrity
Rantai
I didn't think of that actually. I was a little too focused on wanting to get a lynch on you.

Next time, I choose Steve Irwin >:D
Sync
I saw that, Rantai.

You should have claimed Steve Irwin.

I would have been compelled to not vote for you...
Sync
rip steve irwin
Rantai
You scanned me. YOU RUINED MY PLANS.
Sync
I scanned you twice :(
Chris_old
also for the record this is the first time I've been lynched as town I think

it makes me sad
Rantai
Mission accomplished >:D

Well that's it for my vendetta against you and Two. No more tunnel vision I swear.
Chris_old
:(
show more