forum

Mech keyboard europe

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Royboyvdm
Looking to buy brown switches or either red

However i live in europe and leopold shipping costs around 60$..

So im really thinking on what i should buy, i was thinking of the razer blackwidow which has blue switches, but i would preffer brown, so there is a razer blackwidow stealth version(brown switches) aswell and was wondering if this is actually a good keyboard(tactile/click) or would it be better to purchase the normal version of the razer black widow? I havnt seen any good reviews on using the black widow stealth version for Osu and i dont want to buy a 100$ keyboard without knowing some more about it..

Or any other reseller in europe for brown/red switches...
Wishy
Topic Starter
Royboyvdm

Wishy22 wrote:

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rrab

Red are the best.
I want that yes or either the brown, but the shipping cost is 60$ to the Netherlands..it would cost 160$..
kriers
hey come on. A mech kb is all about preference, too. I would recommend brown since the price usually is cheaper. The cheapest solution would be a Razer Blackwidow (blue), and it's not too different from brown, just a little bit heavier and more tactile.
Topic Starter
Royboyvdm

kriers wrote:

hey come on. A mech kb is all about preference, too. I would recommend brown since the price usually is cheaper. The cheapest solution would be a Razer Blackwidow (blue), and it's not too different from brown, just a little bit heavier and more tactile.
Problem is that i have a preference about it yet
thelewa

Royboyvdm wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Red are the best.
I want that yes or either the brown, but the shipping cost is 60$ to the Netherlands..it would cost 160$..
I paid 200$
IppE

ragelewa wrote:

I paid 200$
I paid 79€
Topic Starter
Royboyvdm
Hmm the one with the red switches seems cheaper then the other ones..ill prolly buy that lol
thelewa

IppE wrote:

ragelewa wrote:

I paid 200$
I paid 79€
good for you
Zelmarked
I just had my old Dell keyboard break and I bought this one (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005N7H3O6/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1)

CAN'T say I recommend it for Osu yet. The keys are a nice confirmation with the click and definitively would help any game where informative clicking is needed and not speed. However I was hesitant about buying them as I'm hesitant of telling you to go for it because I believe speed is an issue. Bad for osu if you plan or have already stepped into hard and above songs. Particularly streams.

It uses MX blue switches so that could be the problem. Or just switches period are the problem. Cherry MX red switches look like they're the lightest to click for mech keyboards. Might look into it.

I think I'll be in the market for a side keyboard with plastic resistance or otherwise easy to to click buttons. Easy like a laptop easy.

I can't recommend the black widow nor another mech keyboard for osu at the moment though. They are more for confirmation/accuracy than speed. Good for typing/ some games but not Osu!.
Waryas
i have a zowie and it's good.
kriers
I bought a red when it had just arrived on the market again and it was really expensive at the time.
Think I had to pay 230€ in total because the toll is just sky high in Norway :(

I sold it. \:D/
thelewa
Yeah reds aren't all that great, I mean my sidewinder x4 is just about the same for streaming. Singletapping is a lot easier with a mech kb though
Rii_old_1
I wonder why they're not making any mechs in europe :l I also want one, but I guess it sucks to be in the Netherlands
threenash
i have red and brown and i prefer brown switch. i also have tried blue switch, in my opinion blue and brown are almost the same.
go for brown or blue.
lolcubes
I wonder why everyone skips black switches. Sure, they are a bit harder to (fully) press than red, but imo, they are really great. When I was buying a mech keyboard I had a choice between steelseries 7g and blackwidow, and I tested them both on the spot, and 7g felt so much better lol.
silmarilen
sorry for the noob question, but what exactly is a mech keyboard? and whats with the [color] switches stuff?
threenash
Nexus Dash

Wishy22 wrote:

Red are the best.
Oh my! You get a "FREE RED ESC KEY" with that one, I mean how exciting
kriers

Nexus Dash wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Red are the best.
Oh my! You get a "FREE RED ESC KEY" with that one, I mean how exciting
ಠ_ಠ
Neruell
RED ESC KEY for super hyper extra fast rage quit out of any situation ;)
kriers

Neruell wrote:

RED ESC KEY for super hyper extra fast rage quit out of any situation ;)

:D
Nexus Dash
Perhaps they ran out of ideas so they painted all the esc keys red for added "WOW"
Rii_old_1

Nexus Dash wrote:

"FREE RED ESC KEY"

getting one right now