forum

[added] A small request to enable volume-scroll when you're chatting

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Low
For example - When I'm at the main screen of osu!, I can scroll the volume using the mouse wheel. When I'm in the chat or viewing online users, I can't change the volume of osu! using the mouse wheel.

Remilia--_old

Jacob wrote:

For example - When I'm at the main screen of osu!, I can scroll the volume using the mouse wheel. When I'm in the chat or viewing online users, I can't change the volume of osu! using the mouse wheel.

Mmm.. i don't see the point in doing this since, while you have the chat open and can see the users, it's sorta useful to scroll down like that then clicking&holding the scroll bar..
If you want to lower it just close it :P
Aoko
I agree. Lower it then press the arrow head ↑ and ↓ :>
Kei
This is such a simple request o.o..

Just like Aoko said: Lower it then press the arrow head ↑ and ↓

Don't be lazy :P~
TheVileOne
BUMP Still need way to change volume within MP room.
zinckingeye
is it working if i use ctrl+shift+mouse scroll( volume will then show up) anywhere in screen at any situation?
TheVileOne
It might. My scroll is broken. I wonder if I can map scroll up and scroll down to one of my mouse buttons. I can see no harm and making ctr-shift + arrow to change volume instead of scroll up in chat.
zinckingeye
what if ctrl+shift+up/down keys substitute to display volume setting while in chat?
zinckingeye
sorry for my last post. didnt read that and seems you edit that while i writing something... :) .
TheVileOne
You can edit your post. Please do not double post.

Also ctr+shift+arrow is how you change volume without scroll in windows where just arrows have alternate purposes. This should be the same for the chat window, but it isn't for some reason.
zinckingeye
sorry for that. im in mobile while in forum, limited browsing features, so i cant make some modification for now. i will edit it when i can use my pc...
Oinari-sama
Eh... I'm always under the impression that a hotkey combo was available for volume adjustment (apart from scrolling). It needs to be added if there isn't.

If the Ctrl + Shift + Up/Down Arrow combo is occupied/unsuitable for some reason, we can also consider using Ctrl with +/- key. This combo is usually reserved for Zooming In/Out in other program, but it's obsolete in osu mp lobby so might as well use it.
MillhioreF
You can always remap your volume up and down keys to things besides up and down arrows (scrolling always works too). Ctrl+shift+volume keys works while chatting.
Stefan
Alt + Scrolling up/down changes the volume, marked as added.