forum

Individually chose mods in multiplayer [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sakisan
I would like to see the opportunity to chose mods individually in multiplayer games.
Here are a few advantages that I see :

- It's a strategic choice where players can estimate their ability to beat other players on a first try in any mod combination.
- Let's more experienced players have more fun when playing with new players.
- Let's you practice a certain mod / let's you show off even if your friends don't want to practice that mod.
- No fail for who doesn't want to see their notes all gray and dont care about their acc stats, but no 0.5 multiplier for those who don't pick it.

A couple problems and solutions to them:

- the haltime mod could be annoying if one person picks it, I'd suggest not to enable that mod in multiplayer in that case.
- I'd leave doubletime, but then we should sync the double time hits (300,100,50,X) with the others.

I'm sure there are more, if you have any thoughts on this, please feel free to post.
Musty
I don't think so it's a good idea.
Since you have logically someone who is more pro than you ( except Cookiezi's case ) So it's fun to see everybody playing with the same average of difficulty on the map and the same mods and then you can see who you can beat or who you can't.
Adding individuals mods in multiplayer games aren't supposed to be good.
So Let the people talk about..
Rii_old_1
on one hand it sounds nice to enter a noob room with nomod insanes and then add double time to everything, but it would ruin the games with nomod/half time noobs in a dt room :l

and I guess it would kill the purpose of multiplayer lol.
Wishy
Join room, pick Half Time, troll the room.
dNextGen
lol no
Shiirn

Wishy22 wrote:

Join room, pick Half Time, troll the room.
Gabi
Topic Starter
Sakisan
Thanks for the link Gabi. I searched quite a bit but didn't look in the thread that are 2 years old. Or maybe I just missed it :(
If it could somehow be merged with that thread, go ahead.
Sakura
Just bump the other thread, denying this as duplicate