forum

Tablet players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SoItSeemS
So I have been using a tablet for a good 4 months now and I was wondering that am I the only that play with the pen set down on the tablet.
I also want to play with lifted but it seems way to difficult with the current way I hold the pen( like a pencil ). I've seen some grips that the high rankings player use but it seems like it's way harder to control. I want to hear some feedback on whether it'll be better for me to start practicing playing with the pen lifted or stick with it being set on the tablet.
Sander-Don
Yeah, hovering would be your best bet, also using tap and x, not z/x.
That's only personal opinion though.
Backfire
I set a little phone cover type thing over my tablet. It's like plastic, and doesent interfere with my play.
Since I have a small area, I dont need big ones.

I suggest this if you can't get used to hovering and you don't want to ruin your tablet.
Neruell
Just find a way for YOU to be comfortable with and you are fine.
thelewa

Neruell wrote:

Just find a way for YOU to be comfortable with and you are fine.
you're like a sage

just spouting words of wisdom everywhere
Matty
http://chiseledrocks.com/main/musings/t ... the_pencil

I use the 'brush grip' on this page and hover it. Works well enough for me.
Salvage
yea i play with the smallest area with the pen set down on the tablet and i just can't play hovering, but im pretty confortable with it tho so i don't care :p.
Wishy
he is lying he plays mouse
Salvage
maradona melhor que pele

also im nottttttttt lying rofl
Hanyuu

Like the picture on the right side but im not playing with my tablet on the wall :D
just think it will be turned left a bit

I also touch the tablet most of the time because i started playing with tapping first and now i only play with keyboard but it im still used to that and tap if i dont need. It is good for precision on jumps. i also hold it down on spinners and sliders. My tablet looks really destroyed allready and all my mines are so destroyed that they are sharp now andthat they would hurt the tablet even more lol (scratching). Now im playing without a mine and it feels better to play but the pen itself is now wearing off, but it is still working. wacom bamboo is great quality for only 30euro :)
Daru
Here's an (albeit old) video of me playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMAUSYKrTZY

I use a tap/alternate method - you can see me tapping my pen for most things, but switching off between a tap and a button under my thumb on the left side of my tablet for streams.
kriers
I remember this! It was the first video I ever saw of someone playing with a tablet
thelewa

Daru wrote:

Here's an (albeit old) video of me playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMAUSYKrTZY

I use a tap/alternate method - you can see me tapping my pen for most things, but switching off between a tap and a button under my thumb on the left side of my tablet for streams.
Holy shit playing like that would be ideal for me, huge area that minimizes my shaking and I could also play tap/x well
Gaba

Salvage wrote:

maradona melhor que pele
Again? Pele melhor que Maradona.