forum

Tablet Purchase Guide for osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Syclasm

Espionage724 wrote:

Wacom Bamboo (CTH-460) vs osu!tablet/Huion H420?

The price of the CTH-460 seems to be around double that of the H420, yet the H420 has better on-paper specs (4000 vs 2048 LPI, 200 vs 133 RPS). Only big differences (for osu!) seem to be the area (H420 is maybe half the full area of the CTH-460), and the pen (H420 uses a battery).
If you're planning to draw with the tablet as well as play osu! I would say the Wacom simply because the larger area benefits both activities. Although if you can't get past the price tag and can comfortably draw on the area (and play osu!), the H420 is a great tablet as well, just great value overall in my opinion.
BulletStrike
Hello,
I play osu! since 1 year now and decided to buy a tablet. I searched the internet a bit and found this now
Wacom Intous Pen Tablet S
Anyone has experience with that? It's a small size and only pen. I think it would work good for osu!. If not, could anyone recommend a good tablet which works perfect for osu! and doesn't cost that much?

Thanks, BulletStrike
Fetish

BulletStrike wrote:

Hello,
I play osu! since 1 year now and decided to buy a tablet. I searched the internet a bit and found this now
Anyone has experience with that? It's a small size and only pen. I think it would work good for osu!. If not, could anyone recommend a good tablet which works perfect for osu! and doesn't cost that much?

Thanks, BulletStrike
I'm using the Touch + Pen model right now and it's great for Osu.
Spec_old_1

BulletStrike wrote:

Hello,

Thanks, BulletStrike
I use the same one,but I notice a bit of cursor jitter. Not sure if it's my hand or the tablet though
Fetish

Spectreee wrote:

I use the same one,but I notice a bit of cursor jitter. Not sure if it's my hand or the tablet though
You could try going to the Wacom site and updating your drivers for your tablet. Maybe it's because you hover too high.
TakuMii

Spectreee wrote:

Do you have your in-game mouse speed set to 1.0x?
[ Dom ]
Does anyone know how long Huion usually takes to ship? I got the H420 yesterday and I am very excited :3 BTW,I live on the East Coast :D
Cinagro

drdom888 wrote:

Does anyone know how long Huion usually takes to ship? I got the H420 yesterday and I am very excited :3 BTW,I live on the East Coast :D
Where did you get it from? If it's Chinese shipping, it could take a week or two. I got it fulfilled by Amazon, so it was shipped from the US.
[ Dom ]

Cinagro wrote:

drdom888 wrote:

Where did you get it from? If it's Chinese shipping, it could take a week or two. I got it fulfilled by Amazon, so it was shipped from the US.
I ordered it straight from the Huion website. So thanks for the info :3 MINI EDIT:I hope Huion is fast so I don't regret ordering it straight from their website,didn't even check amazon :P
eltee
What is the general opinion on huion's H420 tablet, if anyone even has one?

The osutablet is based on it, and it's 30 dollars as well on amazon right now, and since I can get free 2 day shipping on it, there really is no reason for me to wait for availability on the osutablet.

The nearest wacom competitor in price has 70 dollars, which is more than twice the price. Is it worth it? Will I even notice the difference? I do not plan on doing any drawing.
Pixlsocks
Does anyone know when a new batch of tablets will be ready?
Xuphor
So I'm thinking about getting a tablet solely for osu (not a drawer) and I'm stuck between these two choices: Wacom Splash Pen Tablet (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008E0 ... HU0KPCGV8S) or Wacom Intuos Pen Small Tablet (http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos-Smal ... com+tablet). I also have a $25 Amazon GC that was redeemed via my parents' cc rewards program being delivered to my house. Which one should I get?
ksg

Xuphor wrote:

Intuos or Splash
I would imagine both of those do their job well enough for osu! and if you aren't huge into digital art, you probably don't need more than the Splash.
darkman21
I wanted to get a bamboo, but then saw another drawing tablet for the same price but had a bigger drawing area, but I'm not sure what's the right setup in OSU! for the pointer speed, my mouse moves a bit slow in OSU! while it moves at a good speed in PS
Karuta-_old_1

ks- wrote:

Xuphor wrote:

Intuos or Splash
I would imagine both of those do their job well enough for osu! and if you aren't huge into digital art, you probably don't need more than the Splash.
The optimal pointer speed is probably x1.00 for tablets unless you want to scale it down to x0.5 depending on your preference
Which drawing tablet are you looking at? You don't need too large an area, most people usually don't use the entire area. Most player will tell you what they are using and the active area in their setting in their profiles.

The important thing is that the tablet is able to detect the pen and that you are comfortable with the grip and weight of the pen itself
I myself bought CTL-470 as I don't have much choice here since tablets are not widely available here (Not that I am complaining, rttyui is using this too)
You will eventually find out that most players probably uses the same tablets around, price may vary from 25 USD to 100 USD and above depending on who they are and what they use it for.

In osu, bigger area means more control and better precision which is good for stream but bad for jumps because you have to move more.

Edit: My bad, Niko's configuration was 2/3 of the tablet area. This is what most players set it to. mine is barely 1/9
Selective
Im planning on buying a tablet soon. Was wondering if I should get the one from osu! the https://astore.amazon.com/osugame-20/detail/B008E0RSYY , osu! official tablet or the Hiuon 420 although theyre the same with same prices,

Which is better in your opinion. Is it worth waiting for the next batch of osu! official tablet, or buy either Hiuon 420 Tablet or the Wacom CTL471 Bamboo Splash Pen Tablet.

Since it's only for osu I don't mind if its refurbished.

Also, whats the difference between the CTL 471 and the CTL 470?
Karuta-_old_1

Extalias wrote:

whats the difference between the CTL 471 and the CTL 470?
I also bought tablet just to play osu, sometimes I use it to write something in my pdf files.

I can't tell from the size or the picture, they are identical to each other but it seems that CTL 471 comes with better software
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407436,00.asp

I can't judge which is better when it comes to osu, since tablet quality doesn't really affect much in osu. At most you will only be looking at how compatible it is with your computer and the active size.

CTL 471 has a mouse mode and gives you a bigger active size, 14.7mm x 9.2mm while H420 gives you 10.2cm x 5.8cm
but the downside to CTL 471 is actually that wasted space aside from the active area.
I have also heard that the pen for H420 is kind of heavy.

you can look at the feedbacks here for the osu! tablet or H420
p/2768198
Selective
Alright then whats the difference between CTH470 and CTL 470?
Blueprint
I can get a CTL 460 for dirt cheap possibly but does not include software and instructions I could download them online right? or my Computer will install them automatically the drivers
Karuta-_old_1

Blueprint wrote:

I can get a CTL 460 for dirt cheap possibly but does not include software and instructions I could download them online right? or my Computer will install them automatically the drivers
They can be downloaded online, You probably want to install the drivers cause they help a lot.
VIDgamefrk9
I use a CTL 480, which is the intuos small tablet and it works really well. The pen feels like a pen should and it's just sensitive enough for Osu. The only downside is that I had to pay $70 USD for it, but I think it was well worth it considering that some tablets cost way more than that.
Valdyr
http://www.gigatronshop.com/graficke_table/wacom_intuos_pen_-_ctl-480s-enes-26051

I'm planning on buying this tablet. Ignore the price and random description in Serbian, do you think it's an okay tablet for osu or have you seen someone use it before?
Mouse FTW! Tablets are for tryhards :P
xasuma
Hi there,
I am a mouse player so far and I want to make the switch into a tablet.
I am between :

Wacom Intuos CTH 480 or Wacom Intuos CTL 480

Since I want to draw with it as well , I know the CTH 480 having an eraser and touch functionality would be better for that. But my question is: Will the touch functionality get in the way of osu? I mean, will it messed me up because it's picking up my hand or something other than the pen?.
My priority is osu, drawing comes after. So which one is better for osu ?

Please don't recommend another one since I am in a coutry where these are pretty much the only ones I can find other than the really expensive ones or cheap looking ones.

Thank you! ;)
retepeters
hello, i have been playing osu for a few months and, i like this game a lot, so i decided to invest a little bit and buy a tablet
however, i am completely new to tablets, and despite i read the purchase guide (its pretty old by now i think), so i want to some very specific questions.
http://eu.shop.wacom.eu/products/intuos ... 75?c=86366
is this tablet good for playing osu? untill what level of engagement with this game can i use it? (i don't plan to spend much money on this)

ps. sorry for any mispelling that u might find, english is not exactly my first language :p

edit: just saw the post before mine
yeah i pretty much have the same questions as he has by now
Eminent
I just bought this tablet for my brother: http://www.amazon.com/Turcom-Graphic-Dr ... ing+tablet

What do you guys think of that? I'm not sure if it is any good or not, but it seemed like a decent starting tablet to use
Otsutsuki_old

xasuma wrote:

Hi there,
I am between :

Since I want to draw with it as well , I know the CTH 480 having an eraser and touch functionality would be better for that. But my question is: Will the touch functionality get in the way of osu? I mean, will it messed me up because it's picking up my hand or something other than the pen?.

Please don't recommend another one since I am in a coutry where these are pretty much the only ones I can find other than the really expensive ones or cheap looking ones.

Thank you! ;)
you don't need touch, all it does is just zoom and rotate (which you can do manually)
and eraser is... lets say its not worth the extra 20$, since you can erase by using a software tool
if you wanna choose between this two then go with CTL-480, if you wanna choose the best for Osu! go with Huion W58, it has 230 Polling rate (CTL 480 has 200, Huion has faster response rate) and 5000 LPI which means 2.5x more accuracy than Wacoms (2000~ish) technically it's better by far than any of Wacoms.. wacoms are overrated and pricey for what it has to offer.
MrBakpao

xasuma wrote:

Hi there,
I am between :

Thank you! ;)
i think you just need buy cth 480 if you need for osu and draw, but if you need just for osu ctll 480 is enough.
you can deactivated touch functionality if you use cth 480
DCinside
i was using G1

ill buy Tablet of osu!!!!

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
totodile31
I also want to buy one but I cant decide between Wacom CTL471 and Huion W58. Which one is better? I only want it for osu.
tomopyon
osu tablet/Huion (H)420 owners, is your hover distance lower than the advertised 0.6"? Mine is more like 0.2".

Keep on losing combo over jumps >:(
Blueprint

tomopyon wrote:

osu tablet/Huion (H)420 owners, is your hover distance lower than the advertised 0.6"? Mine is more like 0.2".

Keep on losing combo over jumps >:(
I never had any problems while I owned 1 but I never got used to a full area either so I didn't have to move much at all
tomopyon

Blueprint wrote:

I never had any problems while I owned 1 but I never got used to a full area either so I didn't have to move much at all
I see. Maybe I have a defective unit? I have to drag over sliders :P
B1rd
http://www.amazon.com/Huion-Inches-Sign ... huion+h420

would ths be a good tablet to buy? I'm looking for a cheap tablet for osu!, nothing fancy, just something that works. Although the pen looks quite thick, would that be a problem?

or should I just get the one that everyone else's using?
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Conn ... oo+ctl+470
tomopyon

B1rd wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Huion-Inches-Signature-Digital-Cordless/dp/B00DM24HNE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400556238&sr=1-1&keywords=huion+h420

would ths be a good tablet to buy? I'm looking for a cheap tablet for osu!, nothing fancy, just something that works. Although the pen looks quite thick, would that be a problem?

That's the one I'm using! It works pretty well-very responsive and well-sized active area for osu. The only thing that irks me is the low hover distance, but you get used to it. And it's cheap :P
Haruspex

tomopyon wrote:

B1rd wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Huion-Inches-Signature-Digital-Cordless/dp/B00DM24HNE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400556238&sr=1-1&keywords=huion+h420

That's the one I'm using! It works pretty well-very responsive and well-sized active area for osu. The only thing that irks me is the low hover distance, but you get used to it. And it's cheap :P
Which one of the two you have? The Huion or the wacom bamboo?
Celi
I'm a mouse player so I know nothing about tablet. I want to buy a tablet for OSU! only. However, I don't know which to choose between Huion(H420 or other) and Wacom(CTL470,CTL480). Price is not an consideration for me. Can anyone tell me which should I pick?
B1rd

melcal05 wrote:

I'm a mouse player so I know nothing about tablet. I want to buy a tablet for OSU! only. However, I don't know which to choose between Huion(H420 or other) and Wacom(CTL470,CTL480). Price is not an consideration for me. Can anyone tell me which should I pick?
I got the CTL 480 and I think it's probably the best one by a small margin. at least some guy said so in this thread~ t/210318
hashlock
i got a CTL 470 and i just got the huion h420

i must say the huion feels more responsive and i can hover at a better distance.
(the driver of the huion tend not to conflict with windows contrary to the wacom one )

hope that helped (ps: think that huion is chiniese and you are not safe from a bad lot in my opinion)
rklamer
Looking for a tablet that works for osu! and is a good drawing tablet as well. Any advice? I read the tablet guide but it seems to be a bit dated in this regard -- then again, maybe used Intuos3 is still the way to go.
show more