forum

A Restart Song Key Shortcut [Added in b130] [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Some people, like myself, try to full combo songs over and over again until it becomes perfect, and pressing esc, then clicking restart to retry a song 100+ times for one song gets pretty time-consuming, I was thinking maybe it could be set up so you can just press "r" to instantly restart a song.
awp
This is a bit sketchy, because it's possible to accidentally hit a button. Unlikely, but possible. Pressing Esc and then punching "Retry Song" isn't that much of a chore in my opinion, but if it automatically jumped you to the last lead-in second before the beatmap starts, effectively auto-skipping the "Skip" section of those songs that have it, there's some merit to it.

Still, I don't think this is entirely necessary. On the other hand, it probably won't take a lot of work to implement, so maybe I should let the Osulord wave his hand at the idea?
eyup
I tell you what we REALLY need - a Retry button at the Ranking screen after you've finished a song. If it's in the middle of a song, like awp said it's not that hard to press Esc + one mouseclick. If you're trying to get that shiny S rank, it's probably better that you take a bit of time to settle yourself down between attempts anyway :mrgreen:
Echo

eyup wrote:

I tell you what we REALLY need - a Retry button at the Ranking screen after you've finished a song.
:mrgreen:
peppy
Added 'retry' button
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I was thinking about the possibility of accidentally pressing it and restarting it, there could be an option to turn it off or pressing two buttons at once to activate it. I was trying to get a good combo on a song at least 50 times when I thought of this, and it would save a lot of time.
Also, Peppy, I must have not made this clear enough, but I meant a button on the keyboard that you can press at any time during the song to restart the song (like if you screw up your combo), not a retry button on the ranking screen (but that's also pretty sweet).
peppy

cecilthemos wrote:

I was thinking about the possibility of accidentally pressing it and restarting it, there could be an option to turn it off or pressing two buttons at once to activate it. I was trying to get a good combo on a song at least 50 times when I thought of this, and it would save a lot of time.
Also, Peppy, I must have not made this clear enough, but I meant a button on the keyboard that you can press at any time during the song to restart the song (like if you screw up your combo), not a retry button on the ranking screen (but that's also pretty sweet).
You did make yourself clear enough, I guess I didn't though. I don't agree with this feature, sorry. I think it is easy enough to hit escape then click once, and don't believe in making it any easier than this. I believe little delays like this are part of a game, and don't think it needs to be any easier to restart a level. Sorry, hope you understand :).
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
It's okay, just a small time saver, but I would rather have you working on bigger additions to the program than something small like this.
peppy
Its not because it will take long to implement - its 2 lines of code which I could write faster than I wrote this sentence. ;)
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Okay, well, it's still fine just how it is, I guess.
anero4
XPJ38