forum

Demetori - U.N. Owen wa Kanojo nanoka? [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Almost everything has been fixed. The only exception is this:
- 04:13:239 (4,5,6) - You can make a symmetric pattern out of this, y'know, if you want, cuz you like symmetry, don't you? lol
I don't like the symmetry :D

I have no idea what's wrong with easy and normal diffiuclties, i find them absolutely alright, the gap is fine for me, but let's give a double check anyways.
I'll try to figure out what's with skin and difficulty gap stuff, thank you ezek very much!

Edit:

if the rules will say that i must use completed set of TouHou skin, then i'll delete it for sure

EDIT 2:

Deleted the spinner skin elements. But i've left completed set of cursor (which contains only 2 files)
Kyubey
Regarding skin sets: play-skip.png doesn't belong to any sets thus it can be used solo. About cursor: having only cursor.png and cursortrail.png is totally fine since these are basic files used for cursor. When cursormiddle.png is not present, it doesn't even appear, and can be ignored. cursor-smoke.png may be shown in wiki as part of cursor skinset, but it's not a part of actual cursor, and only appears when special trigger is pressed, so it can be ignored too, it doesn't break the cursor.
Wafu
Louis Cyphre requested me to check if the skin is okay. cursormiddle.png is missing, but not required as it is something that changes behaviour of cursortrail to make a trail rather than stack with the cursor. I personally find the trail a bit more better as it makes it easier to not get eyes off the cursor, but still not necessary. cursor-smoke.png might be missing too, it's questionable if it is required or not as that is possible to mix with player's skin if the player is using some messed up cursor. I would recommend adding that just to avoid some mixing (cursormiddle is fine to omit as it doesn't mix with player's skin, cursor-smoke mixes), that avoids only people who use intentionally ruined skins, but still doesn't hurt to include the default to avoid that. Apart from that, no mixing should occur.

tl;dr cursor-smoke is questionable and you should add it just for sake of avoiding mixing. cursormiddle is not required as it doesn't mix with player's skin.

Good luck.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
thanks a lot Wafu. Added cursor-smoke skin element.
Natsu
Hi

Unknown

1. 00:20:071 (4) - There are a lot of sliders ending in downbeats, usually downbeats need click actions, because they usually have a stronger pitch and is the place where usually a change in the music happen, which is the case here.
  2. 00:24:900 - 01:12:900 - 01:55:192 (4) - 01:59:876 (4) - 03:06:936 (9) - 03:23:326 (3) - Same as above
  3. 00:33:827 (4,5) - spacing? I read this as 1/4 at first try, either stack it properly or space it further. Since it actually looks the same as 00:47:583 (2,3) -
  4. 00:38:217 (2) - move this to the center of the grid? for visual purposes
  5. 00:40:266 (5) - 00:42:607 (5) - missing NCs I suppose
  6. 02:11:876 (6) - missing NC
  7. 02:21:827 (1,2,3) - I'd use a slider to introduce the 1/3s instead, your current way will throw players off rhythm.
  8. 04:03:873 (5) - missing NC
Lunatic

1. 00:58:412 (1) - this slider is ending in such important beat that needs a click action, since is a downbeat and it needs a click action.
  2. 01:47:876 (1) - same, since you can easily notice the melody starting at the downbeat, even you used a correct rhythm at 01:57:827 (1,2,3,4) -
  3. 01:56:656 (5) - missing NC? all this section is using at NC every stanza.
  4. 02:05:583 (1,3) - swap NC that makes more sense with the music.
  5. 02:09:534 (4) - you are missing a NC here too.
  6. 02:50:839 (4) - 03:09:570 (5) - ^
  7. 03:29:630 (2) - according to the music should be a NC here
  8. 04:45:433 (4) - same
Advanced

1. 00:43:339 (1) - again this slider is ending in the place where your NC should be.
  2. Not a fan of some sliders ending at downbeats.
Middling

1. 04:03:873 (1) - remove this NC is not consistent with the previous ones.
Beginner

1. 04:19:093 (3) - offscreen
;)
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Not a fan of some sliders ending at downbeats.
I've run through whole difficulty and fixed some downbeats. Here is the list:
SPOILER
  1. 00:51:973 (1,1) -
  2. 00:47:876 (2,1) -
  3. 01:31:485 (5,1) -
  4. 01:31:778 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1) -
  5. 02:10:119 (2,3) -

The rest in other difficulties has been fixed except some downbeats in Unknown difficulty (that we have discussed in-game pm)

Thanks a lot ;)
Natsu
Beginner:

1. 04:19:093 (3) - still offscreen
Advanced

1. 01:43:778 (1) - 02:11:876 (1) - 03:53:190 (6) - 04:20:264 (3) - kiai is unsnapped, this also happen at lunatic diff
Ono's Oni

1. 01:51:973 (1) - unsnapped
  2. 04:01:532 (1) - same
lepidon's Inner Oni

1. 02:41:144 (4) - can you make the volume the same at both timing lines?
  2. check aimod
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Fixed everything, plus some unsnapped kiai sections on other difficulty which were not mantioned in your modding post ~
Natsu
Standards diffs are fine to me, anyways I have no idea about taikos and there are not taiko mods , you should get a BN who mods taiko, anyways GL fun map
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
awesome, thanks ~
OnosakiHito
Made some important fixes on sliders. Please don't touch these anymore as they must be unsnapped to ensure not losing a tick.
Download: http://puu.sh/rjm1v/b61a95ca3b.rar

Will talk with Nwolf and lepidopodus about some parts. Will post later again.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
updated ~
Luel Roseline
Somebody rank this beatmap.
Enon
it will be ranked even you don't say anything :)
OnosakiHito
I checked all difficulties once again and if you ask me, all three are ready for qualification. lepidopodu's diff has just one pattern I wasn't sure about, but it isn't that problematic at all and actually follows the guitar, so yeah. There's that. Last thing I would please you Louis is to add this BG into my beatmap. You know, I like to have "OnosakiHito" on a BG.

So yeah, it's up to the osu!-BNs by now wether they believe me or not. I could ask a Taiko BN, but since we are a bit short in people, it might take quite some time for confirmation. But I really see no big issue here, so yeah.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Awesome. Everything is now absolutely ready, thanks Ono for checking this ~
OzzyOzrock
Confirming that the taikos are hella good (holy SHIT IT'S LEPI).

Bubbled!
OnosakiHito
brace yourself ozzy is coming

Edit: oh ninja. Thanks Ozzy!
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Thanks guys ;)
ZekeyHache
STD is cool~

Re-check, no kudos~

[Beginner]
  1. 00:44:363 (1,2) - I believe the clap sounds should fall on the sliders' tails, so I would recommend starting the first slider on 00:43:778 - so you follow the sounds that way. Feels awkward like how it is now imo~ It is also inconsistent since other surrounding sliders on the timeline have the clap sound on the tail~
  2. 02:35:290 (4) - What about adding a curve that blankets with (5) to spice up aesthetics? like this. Besides, the previous three sliders were just straight, so this would add variety~
[Lunatic]
  1. 01:51:973 - I'm okay with you letting some strong beats as non-clickable, but at this difficulty level, I believe these kind of strong beats would need that clickable action for a better emphasis~ (hey, just like you did here 02:01:339 (5) - cool)
  2. 02:10:704 - ^
  3. 04:01:532 - ^
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre

ezek wrote:

STD is cool~

Re-check, no kudos~

[Beginner]
  1. 00:44:363 (1,2) - I believe the clap sounds should fall on the sliders' tails, so I would recommend starting the first slider on 00:43:778 - so you follow the sounds that way. Feels awkward like how it is now imo~ It is also inconsistent since other surrounding sliders on the timeline have the clap sound on the tail~
  2. 02:35:290 (4) - What about adding a curve that blankets with (5) to spice up aesthetics? like this. Besides, the previous three sliders were just straight, so this would add variety~
[Lunatic]
  1. 01:51:973 - I'm okay with you letting some strong beats as non-clickable, but at this difficulty level, I believe these kind of strong beats would need that clickable action for a better emphasis~ (hey, just like you did here 02:01:339 (5) - cool)
  2. 02:10:704 - ^
  3. 04:01:532 - ^
Fixed everything :D

EDIT: adjusted BG on taiko diffs and added "Ntiger" in tags
ZekeyHache
oki
Shurelia
OMG

Lucifer , Congrats!

Really glad to having you back.
raririn
wow
Flask
Lol
hehe
Lol
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Thanks. I'm happy.
Backfire
no fucking way
Luel Roseline
OMG
Myxo
Congratz! ♥
Hakeru
i still remember playing this beatmap about 5 years ago and now it's finally ranked

congrats!