forum

Valentine's Day Project Loved Check-In

posted
Total Posts

How do you feel about Project Loved and the Captain's Picks so far?

I love it!
64.71%
I like it.
25.95%
I don't care either way.
1.38%
I dislike it.
0.35%
I hate it!
0.69%
I haven't been following.
6.92%
Total votes: 289
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Whether you're alone or with your special someone(s), I wanted to take today to make a thread to check in with the community to see how we're doing.

Now that we're a few months into the new Captain's Pick era of the Loved category, I wanted to take the time to see how you feel about Project Loved as a whole. Use this thread to discuss what you like, dislike, or would like to change about Project Loved, how it's run, or whatever in general!
Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated.

For those unfamiliar with the Project, this thread should outline the basics of what we're doing, while the weekly pinned threads should outline how the voting works each week.
razetime
I like the direction in which this project is going so far. I really like it.
Inue Houji
Great selections so far, but the sheet is updating kinda slowly. I totally get that you can't spend all your free time on it. Perhaps recruit some people to help testplay/update the sheet? And or make it a weekly thing(unless this is already the case :s)
huu
My stance on Loved hasn't changed much since I initially messaged you, Toy. I still love this system and it's infinitely better than it was previously. While there are nitpicks, they aren't anything major and are on their way out from what I understand.
c418vgytre
Loved finally coming back feelsgoodman
Nyanaro
The current system seems to be working great, as seen in the poll. While there is of course some inheritary bias from the captains picking, that is only natural and I believe there is no better course of action for the system.

Great job so far, Toy.
Topic Starter
Toy

Primiriko wrote:

Great selections so far, but the sheet is updating kinda slowly. I totally get that you can't spend all your free time on it. Perhaps recruit some people to help testplay/update the sheet? And or make it a weekly thing(unless this is already the case :s)

Yeah I agree with this. It's definitely just something I need to work on more frequently. There's not many people I want to give permissions for sheet access since I'm overly particular about how I want to format the public sheet, but yeah, I'll give it more attention.

Nyanaro wrote:

The current system seems to be working great, as seen in the poll. While there is of course some inheritary bias from the captains picking, that is only natural and I believe there is no better course of action for the system.

Great job so far, Toy.

I don't deny that there's a bias in which order maps are being nominated. It's not something that I think will be possible to avoid without automation (which I think is a worse option than the current system), but Kaifin and I at least try to be as impartial as possible in considering specifically IF a map should be nominated. It's just a matter of when that becomes arbitrary.
Lefafel
I think the current system is good. My one concern is the rate at which maps are being pushed through the system, I'm starting to feel some lovesickness from the unrelenting weekly pace of 10 (or more, for the people who are invested in multiple modes) maps.
Praw
Just auto-love all rrtyui, axarious, xilver, hw, arles etcetc :D:D
Topic Starter
Toy

Lefafel wrote:

I think the current system is good. My one concern is the rate at which maps are being pushed through the system, I'm starting to feel some lovesickness from the unrelenting weekly pace of 10 (or more, for the people who are invested in multiple modes) maps.

Yeah I understand that. The reason it was so frequent was to catch up on 10 years of mapping (at the very least quickly recognize maps that make people say "Finally"), and we already have plans to slow down soon since we can't keep up this pace forever.
Avratzzz
Already talked about it with Backfire on Twitter but the idea of yes/no is pretty stupid, i mean if you don't like a map in the poll you can just... not play it ? it's pretty lame for people who wanted some maps to be loved.
A substitute solution would be great like before with the "stars and fav solution" (with less stars and fav needed tho)

Otherwise selections so far is way better than at the beginning, keep it up !
Topic Starter
Toy

Savoiyare wrote:

Already talked about it with Backfire on Twitter but the idea of yes/no is pretty stupid, i mean if you don't like a map in the poll you can just... not play it ? it's pretty lame for people who wanted some maps to be loved.
A substitute solution would be great like before with the "stars and fav solution" (with less stars and fav needed tho)

Otherwise selections so far is way better than at the beginning, keep it up !

Could you explain what exactly about the yes/no system is stupid?