forum

I'm so fucking done playing with mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alhadrian
I'm using a roccat mouse that behaves normally in every game and works perfectly fine.
However in fucking osu, my cursor decides to randomly stop moving while i try to move it upwards, it's the most annoying thing ever.
Furthermore my mouse always manages to edge towards my keyboard mid-game and the wire is just so annoying to have around.
Pen sounds so much better, no more shit getting in the way and hopefully my cursor moves at all times.
pandaBee
ok
winber1
have you tried restarting your computer
E m i
Uhhh I'm so fucking done playing with tablet. Even despite not playing mouse for the last 2 years, mouse still allows me to control my aim better on 8-12 star maps, and even simply move my hand fast enough for them. Even on 400 dpi
pandaBee
Blow into the cartridge
extravagance
did you try putting it in rice
Kyrari
buy a better mouse
Flying Deer
Sometimes I get a similar issue where my mouse moves in a random direction. It's rare though... and when it does happen, it's because some kind of fabric hair or whatever has found its way in front of the mouse's laser. I've had to remove that hair-like thing out of the mouse twice so far while playing Osu. So yeah, how about giving the "blow in the cartridge" sarcastic idea a try.
dung eater
you probably never played anything that requires continuous mouse movements before so your setup/settings suck for this game. it might just be not playing more if you should in theory be able to not have those problems with your current everything.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Don't grab the mouse. Just hold it and enjoy the game.
KupcaH
I'm so fucking done playing osu!
Topic Starter
Alhadrian

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Don't grab the mouse. Just hold it and enjoy the game.
i feel like this very vague thing actually makes sense, but changing the way i hold my mouse would be too much of a pain for me, idk if it will change the cursor from being a dick and not move as well :/
Topic Starter
Alhadrian

VanillaSandvich wrote:

buy a better mouse
i'm already used to my two mice, (the roccat for fps games and osu) and the logiteech for RTS (because macros are sexy).
Getting used to another mouse shape may sound really easy but i hate it, lol.
Vuelo Eluko
mouse can everything
Topic Starter
Alhadrian

jaaakb wrote:

you probably never played anything that requires continuous mouse movements before so your setup/settings suck for this game. it might just be not playing more if you should in theory be able to not have those problems with your current everything.
I play a few FPS games from time to time and RTS games, and i've never really had the problem of my mouse edging from it's starting position or the cursor just stop working on the screen.

It would be really helpful if someone had the same problem with the cursor, because i moved my cursor up and down 100 times on this browser and none of the movements failed..
dung eater
Try turning raw inout on/off, see if it happens in windowed and fullscreen modes. The edging out or mousedrift does happen in fps and rts games, if you do the same movement of mouse. Difference is lifting mouse is normal in them while in osu you want to avoid the need to do it like plague and learn to readjust when cursor can stay in one place (slow slider, short pause, spinner after spin enough).
Topic Starter
Alhadrian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzEZpg ... e=youtu.be

Believe it or not i did not stop for a tea break mid game while that slider was happening.
Vuelo Eluko
dust?
Topic Starter
Alhadrian

jaaakb wrote:

Try turning raw inout on/off, see if it happens in windowed and fullscreen modes. The edging out or mousedrift does happen in fps and rts games, if you do the same movement of mouse. Difference is lifting mouse is normal in them while in osu you want to avoid the need to do it like plague and learn to readjust when cursor can stay in one place (slow slider, short pause, spinner after spin enough).
Hey i've been playing in windowed with raw input on for a few maps and so far i've never had the problem of my cursor not moving, if this actually fixed it somehow i'm grateful to you man, cheers :)
dung eater

Alhadrian wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzEZpgJmaQ&feature=youtu.be

Believe it or not i did not stop for a tea break mid game while that slider was happening.
You should have readjusted in the repeat slider before it. Also move cursor to the middle of rslidr to not break.

This is something that you can manage, but not get rid of unless you use a mouse with absolute positioning (need to make one yourself). Bigger play area or higher sens make it less noticeable. Being in more conyrol of the angle of hand and wrist can make it non existent (untill you play a map that has movememt that fucks you up).
Topic Starter
Alhadrian

jaaakb wrote:

Alhadrian wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzEZpgJmaQ&feature=youtu.be

You should have readjusted in the repeat slider before it. Also move cursor to the middle of rslidr to not break.

This is something that you can manage, but not get rid of unless you use a mouse with absolute positioning (need to make one yourself). Bigger play area or higher sens make it less noticeable. Being in more conyrol of the angle of hand and wrist can make it non existent (untill you play a map that has movememt that fucks you up).
so resetting my cursor to the middle of the screen while playing? Do other people do that as well?
Vuelo Eluko
since this is already a mental block and you're likely to assign any kind of challenge you encounter to being your mouse's fault somehow you may as well just get a tablet
show more