forum

How to Stream Constantly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rouke_mk1
:cry: I cant stream anywhere close to where my rank normally can. (or so i think) :cry:
What should i do to practice it i NF the stream practice maps 142-160bpm. I cant pass those maps without it to be honest. I tried the bar at the bottom of the screen as a guide but cant keep up.

One odd thing if there is a stream in a song thats 175 to 200bpm i can do provided its short. :?:
- e - v - b-
Take advantage of your current streaming ability and try to aim for getting more and more notes at a time.
Make sure to takes a break for a minute or so if your hand gets a bit tired
Topic Starter
Rouke_mk1
Okay thanks so just try to get more and more every time i try the songs.
pandaBee
can you stream 20 notes or more consistently at a comfortable bpm?
ManuelOsuPlayer
Stream PRACTICE not stream LEARNING maps. They are useless to learn. Play old maps to get reading and coordination, new maps to get consistence tapping and better rhythm and timming. Get more skill in general and play long deathstream + spaced stream maps to learn to read streams well and get stamina and consistence.
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist
Raniemi
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/72474

choose a BPM and retry whenever you mess up
Topic Starter
Rouke_mk1

pandaBee wrote:

can you stream 20 notes or more consistently at a comfortable bpm?
i can on 142 bpm for 200 ir so notes at bad acc. But i cant keep a 300 combo going.
Topic Starter
Rouke_mk1

Raniemi wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/72474

choose a BPM and retry whenever you mess up
i have that map and thanks for the way to train though.
Topic Starter
Rouke_mk1

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Stream PRACTICE not stream LEARNING maps. They are useless to learn. Play old maps to get reading and coordination, new maps to get consistence tapping and better rhythm and timming. Get more skill in general and play long deathstream + spaced stream maps to learn to read streams well and get stamina and consistence.
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist
Thanks that makes sense to me il do that. But wont your stamina increase with those long stream maps help as well?
E m i
stamina is only stamina, you also need to be able to use it. i fc'd the 10417 note 176.25bpm stream but on 230bpm i usually lock up like 40-100 notes into the stream even when i have an extreme ton of stamina left lol

that's why you should play all types of stream maps
Vuelo Eluko
the reason higher bpm streams (to a point) are easier is because their hit windows are closer together so it's less acc intensive.

As u can see, assuming the OD+length of the stream is the same, lowering the bpm increases the time where tapping would result in a 100/50 or just a flat out miss (the amount of white space between the blocks). At certain bpms/OD combinations this effect becomes so pronounced that hit windows basically overlap so you can just mash out 300's.

Your streaming technique is bad but not strictly due to lack of speed, that's why by upping the bpm you do better. Finger control matters, play basara 100 times and check back with us.
E m i

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

the reason higher bpm streams (to a point) are easier is because their hit windows are closer together so it's less acc intensive.

As u can see, assuming OD is the same, you spend much more time not in the hit window at lower bpm's and so a lot more opportunity to hit something other than a 300. At certain bpms/OD combinations this becomes so pronounced that hit windows basically overlap so you can just mash out 300's.

Your streaming technique is bad but not strictly due to lack of speed, that's why by upping the bpm you do better. Finger control matters, play basara 100 times and check back with us.
that's true but it's only one aspect of how easy they are to acc

even if your stamina is only like 30% of the way to being truly exhausted, the stream still might start feeling differently... even despite the aspect that you described 200bpm 100 note streams end up harder to acc than 180bpm 100 note streams for me, for example. one aspect is nullified by another. you need real excess stamina to be consistent.

also when you go down in bpm, for example...
135bpm isn't 110% as hard as 150bpm honestly lol. there's a breaking point around there where an addictional factor of "finger control" (i don't like saying that because it's not specific) arises

do you like my story of doubletapping a 345bpm 20 note stream with tilted fingers and SSing it (od9)
pandaBee
Kishuya
learn how to actually do things like burst streams first, get used to using Z and X or whatever two keys you have bound and streaming should come to you naturally. Once you can start to stream better, Practice burst streams of a higher bpm.
Endaris
Generally speaking, players at your pp can't stream (even if they claim the opposite).
It's the usual time for learning it so don't worry about having a deficit.
pandaBee

Endaris wrote:

don't worry about having a deficit.
That's what Greece said.
Vuelo Eluko

Momiji wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

As u can see, assuming OD is the same, you spend much more time not in the hit window at lower bpm's and so a lot more opportunity to hit something other than a 300. At certain bpms/OD combinations this becomes so pronounced that hit windows basically overlap so you can just mash out 300's.

that's true but it's only one aspect of how easy they are to acc

even if your stamina is only like 30% of the way to being truly exhausted, the stream still might start feeling differently... even despite the aspect that you described 200bpm 100 note streams end up harder to acc than 180bpm 100 note streams for me, for example. one aspect is nullified by another. you need real excess stamina to be consistent.

also when you go down in bpm, for example...
135bpm isn't 110% as hard as 150bpm honestly lol. there's a breaking point around there where an addictional factor of "finger control" (i don't like saying that because it's not specific) arises

do you like my story of doubletapping a 345bpm 20 note stream with tilted fingers and SSing it (od9)
well yeah that's why i said to a point, that point is where your individual speed/stamina start to become a limiting factor instead. The main point was to help explain why he can do the higher bpm streams with higher acc than the lower bpm ones.

Admittedly though my example is more useful for someone who already has a 'comfort bpm' to help understand what makes speeds below that more difficult to acc as opposed to someone basically just learning the ropes of streaming, but it is still useful info.

There is a lot more than goes into streaming of course
kai99

Endaris wrote:

Generally speaking, players at your pp can't stream (even if they claim the opposite).
this is tru

and ps) from that other locked thread i doubt im getting another 200pp soon, dad we can do dis. we'll eventually get to de 200pp.
Shoy

Rouke_mk1 wrote:

:cry: I cant stream anywhere close to where my rank normally can. (or so i think) :cry:

Endaris wrote:

Not a lot more to say. Most of people around our level just get their PP with aiming maps and not really technical or streaming ones.
Aiming / Jumping is kinda easier to learn than streaming consistently, or at least aiming / jumping is way more rewarded than streaming.

You'll always see few people around 2k PP that are way better at streaming than jumping, but there's still few.
Otherwise if we could be that good at jumping, aiming AND streaming, we would be higher than our actual ranks (Except if you're szkiller, which means you can stream 320BPM finger in the nose and jumping like a demi-god. Freedom Dive DT incoming ?).

More seriously, 2k PP is the moment you get some plays at 100+ PP, and where you need to go further in 4* or 3*DT maps to keep gaining the ôPeppyPuntos.
It basically means it's the moment you'll see more complex maps, new patterns, and some things you're (we're) not used to actually.
That's pretty much the same moment you're able to see your own weaknesses, and on what you'll have to work to improve.
Topic Starter
Rouke_mk1

pandaBee wrote:

Endaris wrote:

don't worry about having a deficit.
That's what Greece said.
That killed me when i read that. Oh god that was funny.
Topic Starter
Rouke_mk1

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

As u can see, assuming the OD+length of the stream is the same, lowering the bpm increases the time where tapping would result in a 100/50 or just a flat out miss (the amount of white space between the blocks). At certain bpms/OD combinations this effect becomes so pronounced that hit windows basically overlap so you can just mash out 300's.

Well that makes a ton of sense to me and thanks for the basara map. Its so tough for me but thanks itll help at least a bit in being able to stream.