forum

Tap players: What size of tablet area do you use?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mismagius
I switched from a Genius tablet to a Bamboo one today, and I'm having lots of problems related to getting used into the tablet area. Can't really decide which one is better, having a big area or a small one. For tapping, both seem bad ):

This is what I'm using right now.

So, tapping players, what do you prefer? Small-sized area or big-sized?

Sorry for any lolgrammar.
MMzz
I need to know this aswell for when my tablet gets here monday V:
Topic Starter
Mismagius
Also, is there any way to disable the GODDAMN DOUBLE CLICK SHIT? it makes me miss ALL streams and stacked notes.
ampzz
Which 'double tap' are you referring to?

After installing the drivers for my Wacom Bamboo CTH-670 (and even the previous generation's model) I had only one small quirk which was the ring that occurred on tapping but that was shortly rectified after some help from Google.

I've never once had an issue of random double taps.

Whenever I do play tap style I have found it the most comfortable to just leave the tablet area at full.

As I usually hover with the pen (only played with it for the past two or three weeks now) it was simpler just leaving it all as default running only on my main monitor and with disabling the buttons on the pen itself.

It takes a lot more wrist and arm movement but over all (in my opinion) you have a lot smoother control over which area of the screen/ game area; you don't lose your mental spot as easily either especially if you come back after being paused or during breaks.
Nekoroll
I'm not well-versed in the tapping technique since I think it feels too awkward and jittery to me but I'm just chipping in my general opinion. I always hover except for when I spin but I find that using my entire tablet area is easier to determine where on the screen I should be moving my pen to. I don't ever move my arm or even my wrist all that much since my tablet is one of the small Intuos3 ones and mostly just use my fingers to hover the pen where I need it to go.

Also in your tablet settings, there should be a Double Click Distance option which you can turn off to prevent your issue.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Nekoroll wrote:

Also in your tablet settings, there should be a Double Click Distance option which you can turn off to prevent your issue.
I found it, however it doesn't do anything. When I click once, it's okay, but if I click one more time (in a short period of time), it will give me two more clicks.

(this is the ring, it only shows the "second" click)

By the way, I'm gonna try with a big area then, should help me more.
MonoCholor
Big area is better I think. Do you use it in mouse mod or pen mode?
Topic Starter
Mismagius
Pen mode, of course.
Sync
Can you even tap with pen mode? I know you can do it on mouse mode, though...
Mesita
control panel -> pen and input devices. Maybe search there.
Allas
Bamboo Properties, Pen tab, Advanced, Remove Click & Tap
Not 100% sure tought
Daru
I use a 9x12" tablet.
And I use all of it.
thelewa

Blue Dragon wrote:

I switched from a Genius tablet to a Bamboo one today, and I'm having lots of problems related to getting used into the tablet area. Can't really decide which one is better, having a big area or a small one. For tapping, both seem bad ):

This is what I'm using right now.

So, tapping players, what do you prefer? Small-sized area or big-sized?

Sorry for any lolgrammar.
force proportions, please
Matty

I managed to get rid of the click ring entirely, can't remember how. I might have followed some registry editing guide.

Okay, here: http://viziblr.com/news/2011/8/14/the-u ... windo.html

You have to wade through **** to turn it off, but Microsoft derped and forgot to include a tab in the tablet pc options menu which configures these features.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Matty wrote:

[attachment=0:cfc18]this.png[/attachment:cfc18]
I managed to get rid of the click ring entirely, can't remember how. I might have followed some registry editing guide.

You have to wade through **** to turn it off, but Microsoft derped and forgot to include a tab in the tablet pc options menu which configures these features.
Thank you so much for this - it made my day!
FoxCat
I use 1x1" of my Genius Tablet, I don't like big spaces :D
laport

Matty wrote:

[attachment=0:70f57]this.png[/attachment:70f57]

ok just do this instead:
control panel
programs and features
turn windows features on or off
untick the box Tablet PC Components

click ok.
Maestro_old
Hey, this is the area I'm using when tapping: http://puu.sh/chBL As the cursor shakes a bit whenever the tip of the pen will hit the tablet surface, I'd rather go with a bit wider area to keep control.