forum

Is this normal? Mech kb issue.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wishy
I've switched to a mech kb like 2/3 weeks ago, not using it that much since I'm not really playing anymore, thing is I'm not really able to stream over 240 bpm at all while I was able to do pretty well on streams over 240 (285~ max). Is it me not getting used to the new keyboard or it's normal to lose a lot of speed when switching to a mech one?
ziin
any switch of any sort will ruin you.
Neruell
I guess since it always depends on the player itself, maybe you just don't feel comfortable with it or something like that, maybe also if you had a very bad keyboard before you go "spam" but you "cant" spam with a mech keyboard since it does react faster in most cases which makes you fail more often. Maybe just a bad day or no motivation or whatsoever. Tons of possible reasons.
lolcubes
What kind of mech keyboard switches? Blues are kinda hard to press. I myself got blacks, and compared to my slim scissors switches (old keyboard i still use at night), I gained almost no maximum streaming speed (a little only, but only cause its alot easier to rapidly mash the buttons), but it sure is a hell lot easier to stream in general, and the input lag is much smaller.
thelewa

Wishy22 wrote:

I've switched to a mech kb like 2/3 weeks ago, not using it that much since I'm not really playing anymore, thing is I'm not really able to stream over 240 bpm at all while I was able to do pretty well on streams over 240 (285~ max). Is it me not getting used to the new keyboard or it's normal to lose a lot of speed when switching to a mech one?
It took me a week to get used to them, the thing is that if you got a kb with black then they are more heavy to press than normal keyboard keys. Also you have to stream differently with a mech kb to get all the STREAMINESS out of it.