forum

Skinning feels Restricted

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Swivelx
I don't know if this could be considered a feature request, but I always get ideas for a stupid skin, like gradually changing combo colors, a Skin with 4k Objects, or something with an animated cursor, but I never get farther than my first test since they don't work. Is it possible to see these possible in the future? More variety with skinning capabilities would be really awesome.
- Zuramaru -
Maybe we'll have more freedom once lazer is released, but even still in more recent years, there have been many creatively/beautifully made skins with the current way of skinning.
Frogsi
4K lmao
my name is hi
It's not that restrictive tbh. You can always find workarounds for stuff. For example, you can't have changing combo colors but if you make the hit circle overlay the whole circle you'll be able to animate it and make it change colors! It's not exactly what you asked for but it's still a possibility.
For the cursor, while you can't exactly animate it, you can make the cursor rotate and add a middle on top which doesn't rotate. You can play around what that idea and come up with cool concepts that look animated.
h3oCharles
Use different elements, otherwise it's not possible

and you're not the only one