forum

How to vibro faster?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
It’s been over a year of playing vibro maps every so often and I haven’t seen too much improvement. Are they any arm exercises to vibro faster or do I need to play more often?

Also, does playing vibro maps speed up getting rsi? If so, is there any way to mitigate my chances of getting rsi?
Tachyon
You're playing the game wrong
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Tachyon wrote:

How am I playing it wrong? I have nearly 5000pp
abraker
Vibro = spam and not actual development of skill. Being fast is just half the battle, you need to learn how to read and how to have finger control.
Yyorshire
but muh 200kps
Bobbias
Abraker, vibro is generally seen in the sm community as a separate skill. There are charts designed around requiring vibro to be playable, and it is possible to be pretty accurate with vibro.

That said, I have no tips for actually improving vibro because I can't vibro.
Noderum

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

If so, is there any way to mitigate my chances of getting rsi?
Do stretches, there's no excuse with getting rsi and really isn't an issue with proper care. Apart from that, pressing your index finger with your thumb may help with vibroing, it's also useful for single/jump jacking and 2 hand trilling.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

abraker wrote:

Vibro = spam and not actual development of skill. Being fast is just half the battle, you need to learn how to read and how to have finger control.
I can pass D-Normal no mod and D-hyper with HT.

I’d say my reading skills are good enough for my level
abraker

Bobbias wrote:

Abraker, vibro is generally seen in the sm community as a separate skill. There are charts designed around requiring vibro to be playable, and it is possible to be pretty accurate with vibro.

That said, I have no tips for actually improving vibro because I can't vibro.
To me vibration frequency and stopping/starting finger vibration on each finger seem like the only challenging skills that go into it. Unless you have speed, you will end up with spam. Is there more to it?
E m i

Tachyon wrote:

Lol doesn't know how she plays the game but does manage to say that

Also if vibro is spam then just don't start doing it until you can't tap normally anymore, it's that simple eh? Like, only start doing it at 12kps per finger or whatever you're able to do...

Maybe making a thread about [ONE THING] doesn't mean that someone who makes it literally does nothing else with their life (vibro in this case)

i can only recommend

Noderum wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

pressing your index finger with your thumb
, trying to stay close to the actuation point on the keyboard and experimenting with different ways/intensities of flexing to vibrate your arm ~_~
Yyorshire
the only experience i've had with the sm community and vibro is that they are blacklisted on the etterna site
[TAS]
I was playing a few games on multi and zyph comes in the room. I really wanted to see just what a top player could do so I asked him what his limit was. He said something along the lines of as long as its not a complete vib map I can play it. Just then another player in response said that if you're good enough nothing is a vibro map, meaning there is no such thing. There are couple things you can take away from this but what I took away is that if you are fast enough there is no real vibro maps. To back this up with 5000pp (think you said) you are a awesome player. But I bet you have hit at least one wall where you felt like your hands couldn't move faster and you had to 'vibro' just to get a decent score. But if you went back to that song now you would realize that the song actually wasn't as fast as you thought it was because you got better and a lot faster.

With vibro maps, or the maps your stuck at and want to get better at its the same concept. Get faster by playing faster/harder songs. It's pretty simple. As far as what you can do outside of the game? You can workout your hands, wrists, forearms and shoulders since if you are really going for vibro maps you will probably use those areas the most. And hey why not working out is healthy for you isn't it?

Now I do realize there are actual vibro maps that no matter how fast you get its basically humanly impossible to play, but we all know that he obviously isn't talking about those maps.
abraker

Shroudborn wrote:

Just then another player in response said that if you're good enough nothing is a vibro map, meaning there is no such thing.
What I consider a vibro map is one that is made specifically to vibrate your hands. Such that the spacing between notes is mostly constant. This reduces the difficulty to just being able to vibrate your hands at a constant rate. When you speed up higher star maps, I do believe many of them play like vibro, however, that is mainly because OD is low enough to allow such.
K0j

abraker wrote:

lies
Tachyon
still playing the game wrong
Yyorshire
but muh 200kps