forum

osu!cleanup: save some disk space

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Earlopain
Hello there, I took the time and created a neat little tool which will definitely come in handy if you need some disk space: osu!cleanup.
I ran it on my folder which was 137GB in size and it removed 68.71GB, almost 50%!

What does the program offer?

1. Remove files you don't need like videos, storyboards and more

2. Check how many space you can save without actually doing anything (you can go through the generated logfile to verify that backgrounds and soundfiles get identified correctly)

3. Awesome UI (not really)

4. Keep hitsounds if you want to

5. Option to delete whole gamemodes

Backgrounds, musicfiles and hitsounds (if you want) will be left alone by this peogramm

If you want to download it, you can do it here. Never trust applications from untrusted sources though. That being said the code is on gitlab, you can take at look at my ugly code there. I put instructions in the readme on how to compile it yourself, if you want to.

Please be careful if you decide to run it. It will delete EVERYTHING in every subfolder which is not a background, music or mapfile. That includes everything you might have placed there yourself.

If you feel like something was deleted which should not have been, please upload the logfile created by this tool and tell me which map is affected. While something like this should not happen, I can not 100% guarantee that mistakes are not made. If you run into an crash the logfile should also help identify the problem.

Edit1: Added option to delete whole gamemodes

Edit2: I rewrote the enire thing in java with some GUI
abraker
1) Can it detect and not remove fully hit sounded maps?

2) I want to remove sb, but not for all maps. Maybe offer an option to ask if you want to delete sb if it finds any and another option to open beatmap in osu! if you want to take a look. Add to a list if you choose to not delete.
Topic Starter
Earlopain
I added the option to keep hitsounds if you want to, but I don't know how I should go about keeping storyboards. You could redownload the map if you know the storyboard is good
Founntain
Thats pretty dope. Nice work i like it so far.
Nitsuga
It looks pretty good. But, could you please add an option to keep backgrounds?
Topic Starter
Earlopain
Sorry, that was not worded well from me. Backgrounds are already kept
NewKey
Nice work ! :p the code seems very clean also :), my version do almost the same, but yours have replaced image! great!