forum

SCP Foundation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Softwarm
For those of you who aren't aware of The SCP Foundation, it's a website where writers can contribute to a growing database of fictional entities, or write stories regarding these entities. Anyone who writes on the site is only limited by one world-building detail that must be worked in somehow: there exists an organization that Seeks for and Contains/Protects against all of these fictional entities. If you find yourself confused at all, just consult the "Background" tab. I'd recommend starting out with the first series and just find some entries with names that sound cool to you! Whether you're new to the website or not, maybe you could share some of the stuff you think is cool in the thread too.
levesterz
ahh scp foundation.The first time i heard about is when I saw it in one youtube vid ( scp 173 meme. And the few month later scp contaiment breach.{decide to try that out but my potato laptop can handle the graphic} ) . well some story is good tho.
abraker
It's as if the greater fantasy, area 51 conspiracies, and uncyclopedia had a child
Topic Starter
Softwarm
While most of the main entries are supposed to be pretty serious, you can also find intentionally funny SCPs here.
Ryoid
I wonder what scp #1 doing right now
ColdTooth
dead
Ashton
I clicked on that link and it started to look sketchy as guck
Topic Starter
Softwarm
How exactly did it look "sketchy"?
Ashton
Just the whole concept of SPCs

Conspectus

HUMANS CAN BE CLASSIFIED INTO THREE TYPES. FEEDER HUMANS, PROTECTOR HUMANS, AND BAD HUMANS3. FEEDER AND PROTECTOR HUMANS ARE GOOD, AND PART OF THE SCHOOL IN THEIR OWN SPECIAL WAYS. THE SCHOOL MUST CHERISH THESE GOOD HUMANS, AND ALWAYS ASK THEM FOR FOOD. BAD HUMANS ARE DANGEROUS AND WILL ATTEMPT TO HURT THE SCHOOL. THE SCHOOL MUST EAT THE BAD HUMANS SO THEY DO NOT HURT US45.

Also that

Maybe I should do a little more research though
abraker

Canadian Baka wrote:

Just the whole concept of SPCs

Conspectus

HUMANS CAN BE CLASSIFIED INTO THREE TYPES. FEEDER HUMANS, PROTECTOR HUMANS, AND BAD HUMANS3. FEEDER AND PROTECTOR HUMANS ARE GOOD, AND PART OF THE SCHOOL IN THEIR OWN SPECIAL WAYS. THE SCHOOL MUST CHERISH THESE GOOD HUMANS, AND ALWAYS ASK THEM FOR FOOD. BAD HUMANS ARE DANGEROUS AND WILL ATTEMPT TO HURT THE SCHOOL. THE SCHOOL MUST EAT THE BAD HUMANS SO THEY DO NOT HURT US45.

Also that

Maybe I should do a little more research though
you forget random serial numbers, blacked characters, and [DATA EXPUNGED]
Topic Starter
Softwarm
You do realize that that's how most of the entries are supposed to sound: like a conspiracy nut wrote them. This is all fiction, and should be treated as such.
DJ Enetro
When I looked on this site, I thought, "oh, i've seen this before at school!"
idk who's computer it was on, but when I went to the homepage, i realized that connection.
Interesting that this has managed to stay strong for almost 10 years now...
Ryoid

Brisk Clarity wrote:

You do realize that that's how most of the entries are supposed to sound: like a conspiracy nut wrote them. This is all fiction, and should be treated as such.
So it was not true?