forum

Allow beatmap searching by diffculty name only

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kondou-Shinichi
I’ve seen some cases (even myself) only remembering the diff name of a map and not the song
so perhaps it’ll be nice to be able to search up diffculty names only without those results included in the tags which is just annoying

itll look something like this, taken from how currently diffculty settings are searched:

diffname=[<the diffculty name>]
or something like that.
abraker
Gonna just throw a neutral comment here.

This will mainly work for marathons (which can have anything), guest diffs (which carry guest mapper's name) and older maps (before diff naming was standardized). Newer maps have the required standard "easy, normal, hard, insane...", "EZ, NM, HD, SC", etc naming conventions, however some workaround that by doing something like "Morning Easy, Noon Normal, Evening Hard, Night Insane" or any other variance of the x-diff naming style.

So it may come useful or not depending on the map you are trying to search.

----------------------

Also allow searching where? Online or ingame? If ingame, I am almost sure you can search by diff the same way you search by name.
flying lotus
In game you can just search the difficulty name and the maps with the difficulty name will appear
Topic Starter
Kondou-Shinichi

PAM2WARE wrote:

In game you can just search the difficulty name and the maps with the difficulty name will appear
for some diff names it's gonna be hard

for example, dan dan. I could tell you just by searching "dan dan" there's a shitton of stuff popping up, all which were irrelevant.
it was only for months ago i found out that by adding "shiawase" will narrow it down to that map, which is just... annoyance

abraker wrote:

Also allow searching where? Online or ingame?
both.

i'll clear it up a bit: what i intended it to do is the limit the searching for ONLY the difficulty names, and ignore all the tags, song metadata.
edited the original post.