forum

Yuzuki - Dear You (DJ Genericname DnB Remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Spkz
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 2019. június 26., szerda at 13:04:24

Artist: Yuzuki
Title: Dear You (DJ Genericname DnB Remix)
Source: ひぐらしのなく頃に
Tags: higurashi no naku koro ni when they cry outbreak drum and bass 07th expansion vell j1nx1337 lorkee sleepymateo darky1
BPM: 174,1
Filesize: 10398kb
Play Time: 01:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Dear Jinx (Insane) (4,62 stars, 462 notes)
  2. Dear Lorkee (Hard) (3,42 stars, 359 notes)
  3. Dear Mateo (Normal) (2,1 stars, 208 notes)
  4. Dear Spkz (Extra) (5 stars, 470 notes)
  5. Dear Vell (Special) (4,93 stars, 416 notes)
Download: Yuzuki - Dear You (DJ Genericname DnB Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Storyboard -> Darky1
Normal -> sleepymateo
Hard -> Lorkee
Insane -> J1NX1337
Special -> Vell
Extra -> Me

Redownload if you had the set before: 2019.06.26.

eiri- Andrea

About the storyboard
A huge thank you to Darky1 for taking my request. The storyboard turned out to be absolutely amazing and I can't really express how grateful I am. It is a true masterpiece and it really complements the set the way it is.

Now some words to the players, reading this:

Please watch the storyboard at least once, for the maximum experience!
About the beatmapset
I'm pretty sure I don't have to introduce the good old mapsets of this song to you. But just in case if you, for some reason don't know about them, here they are:

- Beatmapset by Rue
- Beatmapset by Nemis

This set is meant to represent these great old sets with the difficulty naming. While I wanted to stick with the OG format, due to the Ranking Criteria, the difficulties have to clearly represent the actual difficulty with the naming, so I had to include those in parenthesis. Other than that, I still think the format is acceptable as is, and I'm satisfied with it.

The main goal of the set was to include as many individuals as a set could possibly have, so the song could truly represent itself. This is the reason each participants have only one major contribution to the set, including myself. I could've gone with more difficulties but I wanted to conserve the 4-5 difficulty count of what the old sets have, and I didn't want to make the set too crowded either.

For my difficulty, I really wanted to make an impression of the older mapping style, and season it with my own style of mapping at the same time, while keeping things a bit more modern.

I can't really speak for the other difficulties on my own, but I believe this set brings a nice variety of aspects to the table, so I really hope that everyone can find some joy for themselves while playing it through. A huge thank you goes to all the guest difficulty makers as well!
Personal thoughts
This song, and this anime/franchise in particular really means a lot to me. And I genuinely mean this. The ones who are in a bit closer relationship with me, know exactly how much I love my 07th Expansion stuff, especially this anime.

With that in mind, I truly appreciate you and your efforts if you took your time and contributed to this set in any ways, let it be a testplay / mod / or anything else really. You made me be able to reach my dream step by step, and I'll love you all forever for this!
Dear YOU!
  1. Affirmation - mods
  2. Ascendance - support
  3. Andrea - bn, mods, support
  4. Civil oath - support
  5. Darky1 - storyboard, support
  6. DefaultState - support
  7. eiri- - bn, mods, support
  8. emu1337 - mods, support
  9. Halfslashed - mods
  10. iWaifu - mods
  11. J1NX1337 - gd, mods, backgrounds, support
  12. JBHyperion - support
  13. legekka - support
  14. Lorkee - gd, support
  15. Okoratu - mentor, mods, support
  16. SaltKing - mods
  17. sleepymateo - gd, mods, hitsounds, support
  18. TheKingHenry - mods
  19. Time Capsule - mods
  20. Vell - gd, support
And of course YOU for playing! c:

Thank you so much for playing! <3

osu! needs more 07th Expansion

Thank you all for 450+ favorites and 950k+ playcounts!

Rue is bae btw :blobnom: