forum

Ranking Process Regarding Metadata

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kagetsu
Hi everyone

So I personally think the current metadata procedure is quite nonsensical.
nowadays, qualified maps with wrong metadata get instantly requalified as soon as the issue gets fixed which makes popping bubbled maps over metadata issues a pointless task, as it's a waste of time.
By qualifing a map with wrong metadata, you get the QAT to fix it and get the map qualified again (In most of cases, it takes less than 24 hours) whereas popping requires two bns to check the map once more (the mapper is required to wait at least 24 hours)
it gets even worse if we consider the fact that one of the bns involved might be on probation, which makes the process even longer and exhausting for both the mapper and the BNs.

So I came up with two feasible solutions:
1. Allow metadata to be labeled as a minor issue that does not require a nomination reset
2. Discourage the QAT from requalifying maps that got disqualified because of metadata
I think either of the two options are valid and would encourage BNs to actually take care of metadata before nominating a map.

Let me know what you think
Lumenite-
option 2 would be nonsensical, as there's a branch of the qat dedicated to metadata alone

i think option 1 makes sense enough, i remember ranting to raiden about it a while ago lmao
Ephemeral
alternatively we could just sort metadata out so it isn't a steaming pile of turboshit and doesn't require an entire team's worth of people to consolidate

i think we'll do that one
Nao Tomori
not sure what that would entail @ephemeral - finding official sources is the most consistent and correct way to go about getting song metadata...
Topic Starter
Kagetsu

Ephemeral wrote:

alternatively we could just sort metadata out so it isn't a steaming pile of turboshit and doesn't require an entire team's worth of people to consolidate

i think we'll do that one
well... i think that belongs to another topic, regardless it being hard or easy to find, it makes no sense that qualifying maps with wrong metadata is currently more efficient than actually making sure it's good to go before qualifying.
Electoz
If I'm getting this right, you're saying "BNs don't really check metadata because QATs can instantly dq and requalify maps

1. Allow metadata to be labeled as a minor issue that does not require a nomination reset
Not a fan of this idea, metadata shouldn't be treated likely just to encourage BNs in checking it. Metadata is objective and all BNs should be bothered enough to check them regardless.

2. Discourage the QAT from requalifying maps that got disqualified because of metadata
I prefer this though, BNs will have to check metadata more carefully (and possibly with QATs if needed, there's a metadata section from them right?) before iconing things so they don't have to waste time waiting for 24 hours (plus getting mappers' rages) if anything goes wrong.