posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Two_old
http://s4.en.alaplaya.eu/

Great third-person shooter. Play it.

| http://www.s4league.com/ sign up here for NA beta
Mafiamaster
This game was pretty fun. I played for 2 hours getting killed alot. But yeah, I play it sometimes.
Ivalset
I've been playing this quite a bit (so has Hitoshirenu), and I'm preeeeeetty bad at it. Also all my shit is expiring and I can't afford SP mastery and I shouldn't have bought perma mind energy instead of perma CS/PS.

A lot of bad decisions. Awesome game though, can't wait for storm bat SWING BATTA BATTA *thock thock thock thock thock*

Edit: Also, sig large much, Mafiamaster?

----
March 19, 2009 -
More people need to play. As of now, I know these people are playing:

* Ivalsetto (me)
* Todesengal
* foulcoon
* Rolled, as Rololed
* LadySuburu
* Kasada
* Dawn, as Dawneth
* RemmyX25
* Jeffro
* LukewarmHoliday
* Pasonia
* Cyclone, as DarkCyclone
* gamerrox (only when ordering burritos from cash creek)
* Neo@lex, as Neocchi
* vytalibus
Two, as Boot/Enct
Hitoshirenu, as Tsukurimasu (Bad. Also needs to get a mic.)
Larto
Sushi971
Kharl, as Kharleiz (i think)
Metroid, as MetroidS4
eee
EEeee, as EEeee123
Hara, as some gay name I don't remember, starts with a G, maybe Gargoth?

We're playing pretty actively in Vent, so if you feel like playing, that's the easiest way to get a hold of one of us.

Edit: * indicates people who also actually TALK on vent while playing
Saturos
So this is where you and Hito disappeared to. >>

I actually have had the installer sitting on my drive for 2 weeks now, since Karsh played it for an hour and was all 'get this' and I'm like 'okay'.
Ivalset
Motherfucking lurking Saturos.

Yeah dude, get it. Protips for when you start: don't buy rentals (obv), get a perma plasma sword or counter sword or smg or semi rifle, then get a perma skill, then get more perma weapons. FUCK clothing it breaks too easily and is useless.
Mafiamaster

Ivalset wrote:

Also, sig large much, Mafiamaster?
No? :(
Saturos
First the game doesn't take my account/password for 5 minutes. Then, once in game, it crashed immediately after the tutorial. After the crash, explorer completely died forcing me to reboot. Now I can log in but I cannot connect to the English server due to some error 2 bullshit.

EDIT: After looking into it, I guess all new players have this problem and is fixed once they reboot the server. What kind of bullshit is that?

EDIT again: The solution above was for a different error. The one I'm having is just my account being stuck logged in from crashing. 15 minutes later and my account is still stuck, apparently.
lukewarmholiday
It's because your too awesome for it Satty

Saturos
I have found out that I cannot get into the Shop without it crashing. Apparently I need to play naked.
Cyclone
So yeah, i found out about this from a friend because it's made by Pentavision, who made DJMAX. There's a few DJMAX stuff thrown in here too :)

Envy Rangers, a lot of clothes are referenced to Outlaw, and even the Tunnel music was on the DJMAX PSP2 OST.
Topic Starter
Two_old
I haven't had any of the problems you've had saturos. The european servers are less stable than the korean ones for some reason, though. (for me at least)

I suggest using the shield or 30 hp as your ability. Wings are nice but you die way too easily and the wall is only useful if you're acting as a healer.
Winterfaust
i played S4 since the open beta, but anybody know (or when) if alaplaya will fix the pen problem ? because it's hard to play if we always fix clothes, weapons and skill, and after we don't have any pen for play
Pokebis
My username is Pokebis. Feel free to add me.
I freaking love this game! Thank you so much for pointing it out! I wish it had Xfire support though.There's a topic for it's inclusion. If anyone else here plays this and uses Xfire please post here.
Ivalset
Maybe you should fix your fail computer Saturos.

My name is Ivalset (was Tessie and Ivalsetto, but fuck you pen problem)

Also SP mastery is the best skill ever.
Topic Starter
Two_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ivalset
It's all about the wall jumps. You can easily score with wall jumps in Station-1, and being able to dash 40% longer is fairly useful. 30 hp is usually just holding down left click 0.3 seconds longer. The only real use for HP mastery is avoiding instant death from railgun shots, and that's only if they don't critical you. If you have a healer, the extra HP is a bit more useful, otherwise, "eh".

Anchoring has its uses, but anyone with ammunition can easily gun down an anchorer, as they're stationary for 2-4 seconds then move in a predictable fashion. Flying is terrible unless you know the tricks to it or are using a heavy machine gun. Block has its uses and so do shield.

Also the pen problem should be pretty fixed now with the new patch.
Winterfaust
Pen will be a problem even if we have the weapon license, we can't use weapon for a long time, and if you don't know how to use properly a weapon you just gonna have more death than points, it's really hard to play with weapon you don't know
and you obligatory need to have a skill, without skill you can't play, i really hope they will fix the problem
(sorry if i speak really bad)
Zatoichi
JSRF with guns. It's pretty awesome. To say the least, /v/ was pretty fucking good at this game and I had a blast for the 2 months this game was in open beta. Plenty of good matches, tough contenders, awesome restricted matches (Swords only was fucking AWESOME when fighting Baska. Megabusters only was also great when everyone is repeatedly missing and camping and everyone is balls drunk spamming the chat and you can't concentrate because you're laughing too god damn much). Dino was a motherfucking wall ninja or some kind of shit, Prostitute cheesed every single Oldschool match with her constant wall walking to the enemy goal (Which half the time she missed when I was on the other team due to my awesome cloned Revolvers and their knockback), Baska was the only sword user I couldn't beat when using a Revolver (plus he never resorted to using a Countersword like some cheap faggot). There were a lot of other people, but I can't remember their names for the life of me. But I still remember their actions, and how fucking godly the game was playing with them while it lasted.

Too bad the area where we always set up matches got spammed with shitty players from Gaia alike spouting memes everywhere, not to mention RPING IN MY SHOOTING GAMES WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT GO THE FUCK BACK TO YOUR FORUMS HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU JESUS CHRIST. Not only that, but they didn't even put up as good a fight as /v/ did when I played with them. It really just ruined the game completely. :/

Also, S4 is the only game I knew where Brazilians completely sucked at the game. Like, even their lag couldn't save them from losing all their matches. Such a pity.
Winterfaust
it's me or the game crashed today ? the site doesn't work too....
blindrob
I have been paying this game for about the last month. I keep it on my flash drive and play it at college now and then. It's a great time killer. I avoid the PEN issue by not buying gear, just guns.
show more