forum

[resolved] in game capped at 60hz on 144z monitor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
King_Akaba
So I run a dual monitor setup with a 1920x1080 144hz 1ms response and a 2560x1440 60hz 4ms response. I run osu on the 144hz monitor and it worked fine playing on the unlimited setting but today I switched to using display port cables on both monitors instead of the vga on the 144hz and the hdmi I had on the 60hz. Everything seemed fine but when I started playing it felt laggy and then I noticed that ingame it sets the cap at 60hz with around .5ms response. I tried switching to the 240 fps setting but then whenever i'd start a map the ms would shoot up to 8 and still feel pretty laggy.

Menu (unlimited fps)

in-game (unlimited fps)

in-game (244 fps setting)

I guess I should also note that before switching the cables it would run 144hz in-game with .5ms response on the unlimited setting.
osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Double check that Windows hasn't reverted the Refresh rate back to 60 in your monitor settings.

You could also try setting the refresh manually in the cfg file of osu!
Topic Starter
King_Akaba

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Double check that Windows hasn't reverted the Refresh rate back to 60 in your monitor settings.

You could also try setting the refresh manually in the cfg file of osu!

Thanks for the suggestion but I think the cable was just faulty as a little while later my monitor switched to 60hz and didn't give an option for me to set it to 144hz anymore. I switched back to the vga cable and everything works fine again.
jaerry
Hello, I'm having a similar problem. I have a 180hz monitor but every time I launch osu the game sets my monitor to 60hz and I need to go back to windows settings to set it back to 180hz. This only happens with osu, any other game runs fine.