show more
Zelmarked
*I not longer hold such vehement opinion against BF3. Drugs.*
Rantai
I'll stick to c4. Noob or not, it's just straight fun :D

That or ramming people with a heli.
Wojjan

Shellghost wrote:

I believe you've missed the point entirely.

Much like BF3 has.
do ho ho ho ho ho
Topic Starter
Rena-chan

Zelmarked wrote:

Rantai wrote:

Auto shotguns make me sad.
Game is so terribly unbalanced it's not worth trying to be fair.

As I was saying in that "skill" thread a mod accidentally deleted, I b*ed at everyone that would do noob things for the last 2 FPS's I played. When I started playing BF3, it's like I hit the royal s* pool of noobatry. You got fire and forget claymores, OP weapons, huge advantage to camping, camping where you can clip your body into rocks, frag rounds for auto shotguns, IRNV easy mode view, MAV no-risk roadkilling, mortar spam, etc etc etc.
I went 75-1 recently using only the MAV. Got a ton of points and 1st place. No skill.

Game is so noob that my best advice would be to forget about skill or not being noob. You'll only stress yourself out from the majority of other players being noob. As I say on the EA forums, noob or be noobed.

Add me if y'all want:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Zelmarked/
Fuck no, you sound like all that is wrong with having fun in games.

Also, u mad at recons 'cause we're campin' on ya ?
Corin

failboat wrote:

Crossfire 6850s would not even draw a 1/3rd from the 12V rails on a 1kw, if not a 1/4th, the 600w powersupply is by far more then sufficient.
I don't give a shit, it needs to be OP regardless of wether it needs it or not, like mine, I have a 750 when all my PC needs is about 500w \:D/
Topic Starter
Rena-chan

Corin wrote:

failboat wrote:

Crossfire 6850s would not even draw a 1/3rd from the 12V rails on a 1kw, if not a 1/4th, the 600w powersupply is by far more then sufficient.
FUTUREPROOF HUEAHUEHUEHUEHUAE
Zelmarked
mm201

Rena-chan wrote:

I thought the future was supposed to be green?
Topic Starter
Rena-chan

Zelmarked wrote:

Rena-chan wrote:

Fuck no, you sound like all that is wrong with having fun in games.

Also, u mad at recons 'cause we're campin' on ya ?
Nope. Do whatever you want. You want to play clip in the rocks, don't help the team bush wookie? Be my guest. I give up.
So madden. 8)

We might not be on the frontlines with people like you, taking flags and such. However, that's not a recon's role in Battlefield at all.

But who is it that spots enemies from afar, allowing others to know where they are ?
Who takes out enemy snipers from across the map where your assault rifles can't reach ?
Who is it, again, that's able to defend posts before it's too late because you're all too busy capturing other posts ?
Oh oh, who's taking enemies down before they flock on all you sillies while you're trying to take their posts ?
Recons would be the answer to all of those.

Oh, and before you bring out the whole "baww you don't bring the opposing team's overall score down" argument, each spawn brings that score down by one point, both in conquest and rush.

Battlefield is a shooter based on warfare, and I'll be damned if they don't have snipers out in the real world too. But if you want a game where they're entirely useless, you should go play Call of Duty. :>

mm201 wrote:

Rena-chan wrote:

I thought the future was supposed to be green?
Sure is, but it's an argument that was used before manufacturers were really trying to bring power consumption down, and the general assumption was that each generation would require a good deal more power than the previous. It's obviously not the main focus, but I dare say they're getting better at it.
So while a, let's say 800W PSU, does make sense in some systems, it's really not necessary at all until you go 3-way SLI or CrossfireX.
A simple 500W PSU gets you pretty far !
Verdisphena
This thread is kawaii
Zelmarked
Topic Starter
Rena-chan

Zelmarked wrote:

Hiding in a bush far from combat or clipping in a rock to where you are unfeasible to go after and kill because of your camping advantage, is not skill.
Okay !

SPOILER
One-shot a moving target from 400-500 meters away and tell me how that goes.
Zelmarked
Topic Starter
Rena-chan

Zelmarked wrote:

Technically, anything in game takes skill. However comparing it to that of a rusher means we have to go into what defines "skill". My point is that it takes so little that it's negligible. Not very comfortable with this post because we are arguing semantics.
Not really. Let's take a look at what it takes to shoot another player at a short distance; you need to aim directly at a fairly large portion of your screen, and shoot before they do. Sure, it requires a good reaction time, but if you're going to say that sniping doesn't require "skill", then I'm going to turn your argument right around and throw it back in your face.

So let's say you're in a recon's position, sniping from a convenient vantage point somewhere on the map, just casually eating cookies while waiting for the next enemy soldier to appear in your field of view. You're obviously safe from any harm coming from this opponent, but your totally oblivious teammate on the roof of the building he's running towards isn't.
So in order to hit this moving target that doesn't necessarily take up more than 10 pixels height on a 1920x1080 monitor, not only do you need to take bullet drop into consideration, you're also not aiming at where he is; You're aiming at where he's going to be. On top of that, there's not an awful lot of time to figure those two out, and it takes longer than just clicking the button for the bullet to travel that distance.
You may as well be done reloading before it hits, even !

Did I make myself clear enough for you to understand that sniping isn't a complete no-brainer ?

Zelmarked
Topic Starter
Rena-chan

Zelmarked wrote:

It doesn't have to be that complicated. Yes that situation absolutely happens. And yes, if you can take only one shot to accomplish that, that is skill. However, you might miss.

If you're rushing, that means assured death. If you're camping a quarter mile away, that means:

Rena-chan wrote:

across the map where your assault rifles can't reach

Rena-chan wrote:

I'm going to turn your argument right around and throw it back in your face.
Enemy snipers that have the same range and accuracy as yourself.
senaya

Rena-chan wrote:

why not?
Zelmarked
Wojjan

Zelmarked wrote:

bullshit
breaking news report: sometimes a learning curve isn't a vertical line
if everybody is using all the things you mentioned then it's not being noob then it's just playing the game, and I guess if you don't like anything of it then you just don't like battlefield 3

can't blame you
Topic Starter
Rena-chan

Zelmarked wrote:

Rena-chan wrote:

Enemy snipers that have the same range as yourself.
Ughh. I can put bed of for one more post. Snipers don't play on the front lines. They can, but they severely drop their advantage.

[{ -. . . . . > . <. . . . .- }]

[ ]=edges of map.
{ } = spawns
. . . . . = extra space
.= middle
><= frontline troops
- = snipers.

The point being, while snipers can shoot at each other, it is not feasible/efficient. They have closer units to them, the enemy frontline soldiers.
Feasible/efficient ? Maybe not, but someone's gotta take them out, and if you can see them, they can see you. More often than not, snipers are lying around in those areas where the enemy team can't go because BF3 has that anti-base-rape thing where a certain amount of the map in front of/around the spawns counts as being "outside the battlefield" for the opposing team.
TL;DR: a sniper sees another sniper doing their job, it's only a matter of time before one of them goes down.

Wojjan wrote:

Zelmarked wrote:

bullshit
breaking news report: sometimes a learning curve isn't a vertical line
if everybody is using all the things you mentioned then it's not being noob then it's just playing the game, and I guess if you don't like anything of it then you just don't like battlefield 3

can't blame you
Shhh ! Look at his signature, he clearly likes both Toohoo and Battlefield 3 !
Wojjan
if you would inflict that kind of resizing on an image I can only deduce you want its very essence rid.
awp
moved to video games and changed the post title, since according to the first part of the thread this is apparently a thread about Battlefield 3, which is a video game!
Mara

Zelmarked wrote:

quickscope
Call of Duty thread?

Call of Duty thread.
Mianki
I play it on the Xbox, it's fun~
Kitsunemimi

Rena-chan wrote:

*walls of text*
And you said I was being serious. Silly Rena~. Oh wait this isn't OT anymore is it. Oh well I guess.

BF3 is an amazing game with amazingly resource intensive graphics. \o/ there

EDIT: Also, Zelmark, I thought your original point was that people use all the unbalanced op weapons because people would just rather get kills. So how did it turn into fighting at the front lines is totally proer than sniping? If sniping requires no skill, then how come I don't see entire teams of people just camping at the back sniping? That's what people'd rather do right, noob or be noobed right? Plus, according to your profile, you're recon more than half the time. Okay so you don't use the sniper rifles. Would you be able to get a much better score more easily if you just camped and sniped?
Zelmarked
Rantai
Know what takes the most skill?

c4.

:D
Remco32
Conquest is ruined by the lack of a commander or someone that makes tactical decisions. You can put 64 players on a map, but without coordination, people will just run from the flag they just captured to the next uncapped until tickets run out. I don't get why they removed it.
I still enjoy Rush though.
Zelmarked

Rantai wrote:

Know what takes the most skill?

c4.

:D
C4 is fun. But it ain't easy approaching tanks on foot. Ever Jihad a light vehicle? Now that's fun.
Topic Starter
Rena-chan

Remco32 wrote:

Conquest is ruined by the lack of a commander or someone that makes tactical decisions. You can put 64 players on a map, but without coordination, people will just run from the flag they just captured to the next uncapped until tickets run out. I don't get why they removed it.
I still enjoy Rush though.
Yeah, I miss commanders too. :C
They were nice to have around, but I still enjoy Conquest regardless.
Rantai
I remember being one of those bad commanders that would drop artillery on the enemy that killed me.

Or play spec ops and drop supplies on myself.
Topic Starter
Rena-chan

Rantai wrote:

I remember being one of those bad commanders that would drop artillery on the enemy that killed me.

Or play spec ops and drop supplies on myself.
"You killed me ? WELL FUCK YOU TOO. /artillery"

...I did the same, actually.
Mianki
Dat music

Also:

Rantai
Oh god.
Topic Starter
Rena-chan
Meanwhile...

Remco32
Do you only play sniper or something?
Zelmarked
I'd suggest getting your fill of MAV elevator. Dice is probably going to patch it next patch.
Zelmarked
Topic Starter
Rena-chan

Remco32 wrote:

Do you only play sniper or something?
Preeeeeeeeeetty much. The only other class I have any score on whatsoever is engineer, because no one else were taking out a spawnraping tank.

Zelmarked wrote:

I'd suggest getting your fill of MAV elevator. Dice is probably going to patch it next patch.
No, I don't want to.
Zelmarked

Rena-chan wrote:

Zelmarked wrote:

No, I don't want to.
Not my cup of tea either.
laport

Backfire wrote:

Im gonna get it this christmas
so you have bf3 now, what do you think of it?
Ephemeral
so i got bf3 for christmas, played a lot of operation metro and some other maps

my first impressions? this game is by far the worst in the battlefield franchise. there is not a single shred of weapon balance immediately present - the starting weapons are unanimously awful compared to the unlocks (which is a stark departure from previous battlefield series customs) and the few "good" maps appear to be almost intentionally designed to end up with people lobbing grenades at each other in a ferocious stalement ergo B point in operation metro

my experience as recon was dismal - i apparently fire fucking flares with boomboxes attached for bullets so the second i fire a single round, every other sniper in a 400m radius knows where i've fired from and exactly what rock/bush/tree i'm perched on/in/under. the scopes feel lazy and tacked on and i have literally seen the lens flare of another sniper once before my brains were blown out, so i don't see what all the fuss is about there.

assault pretty much devolved into revive spamming after i got the defib. easy 60-70k points a round on a typical 1k ticket metro server. it is also really hard to tell when you get hurt unless you have your eyes glued to your healthbar, and on top of that back-to-back explosions rock the screen in an almost nauseating fashion which is okay if you're gunning for realism i suppose

i didnt play enough of the engineer to really judge, but the standard AA gun is fucking terrible.

support is probably the best class with awesome bipod machine guns and mortars, but i didnt get to play much of that either inbetween trying to desperately raise recon to the point where i get access to a bolt action rifle worth a shit.

some things about bf3 are really fucking cool - pretty much everything else makes me want to uninstall the game and stick with bfbc2. i very rarely see terrain/wall deformation unless you're on seine crossing or firestorm or something, which is really sad since i think that would add a lot more to the game. the pistol running animations are probably the best part of the game hands down, though.

i was expecting a whole lot more. i'm glad i didn't spend my own money on this tripe. maybe it'll grow on me, though i honestly doubt it.

oh, it runs pretty much without a hitch on my rig at ultra with everything maxed, but it is prone to this fucking HORRIBLE stutter on some maps which renders it nearly unplayable regardless of graphics settings. i hear this is a common issue so i hope it gets fixed soon
Rantai
Ouch, Metro.

Probably the worst way to start out in BF3, especially on conquest. It's just straight brutal.

If you hate the default weapon choices you're going to hate jet flying the most if you get to it. Without flares it's the most frustrating experience. Oh and about the stutter, I fixed mine by putting it on an SSD. Not sure if the fix was coincidental or not but throwing it out there all the same.

I agree though, BFBC2 was more fun than BF3. But only in rush. BF3 has FAR superior conquest gameplay imo.

Edit: Wrong game mode, other
Zelmarked
Mortars were terribly OP at the beginning of the game. You were practically guaranteed a OHK. I hate the mortar now because it's too easy but at the same time too annoying to try and take out. It's easy in the sense your looking at a mini map and shooting at orange triangles. At the same time it's annoying because unless you're using a mortar, you're not going to take out the other guy using one. Although this is not too much of a problem because few use the mortars as they were, perhaps, over-nerfed.

I never liked the spotting system. It SUPPORTS camping rather than preventing in. If you get spotted, a damn triangle follows you EVERYWHERE for 5-8 seconds. You are more inclined to stay in cover where you cannot be seen than to change position. Which is not only not fun, it's not realistic. If you spot someone, you'll say something like " there's a guy behind that big rock". And that's it. Unless you further report the new location, it should not track. It should work like in BF2 where when you spotted, it put a mark on the mini-map of where they were spotted. Realistic and it prevents making this game a, "shoot at the orange triangle".

The MAV has to be the one of the worst things plaguing the game right now. You can play a 64 man TDM and just float at the top of the map jamming Q and lazily rotate you mouse back and forth to gain points. And of course as an enemy, you don't know you're being spotted. And no ones going look for the small robot in the giant sky. Especially with DICE's bloom obsession as evident from Bad Company 2 and now BF3. Stinger missiles can be dodged as agile as the MAV is. Sad thing is it's the one way of making points, without playing the game. You can plant your MAV in a nook where you can't be shot. Meanwhile you're gaining points while you in the other room watching TV. Worst of all is its road killing. While the MAV may be weak to bullets and load, it's still effective at killing. And since you can camp in your spawn on an ammo kit, you have unlimited MAVs with no chance of dying.
Remco32

Ephemeral wrote:

on a typical 1k ticket metro server
Found your problem. It's the 2fort of BF3
Topic Starter
Rena-chan

Ephemeral wrote:

so i got bf3 for christmas, played a lot of operation metro and some other maps

my first impressions? this game is by far the worst in the battlefield franchise. there is not a single shred of weapon balance immediately present - the starting weapons are unanimously awful compared to the unlocks (which is a stark departure from previous battlefield series customs) and the few "good" maps appear to be almost intentionally designed to end up with people lobbing grenades at each other in a ferocious stalement ergo B point in operation metro

my experience as recon was dismal - i apparently fire fucking flares with boomboxes attached for bullets so the second i fire a single round, every other sniper in a 400m radius knows where i've fired from and exactly what rock/bush/tree i'm perched on/in/under. the scopes feel lazy and tacked on and i have literally seen the lens flare of another sniper once before my brains were blown out, so i don't see what all the fuss is about there.

assault pretty much devolved into revive spamming after i got the defib. easy 60-70k points a round on a typical 1k ticket metro server. it is also really hard to tell when you get hurt unless you have your eyes glued to your healthbar, and on top of that back-to-back explosions rock the screen in an almost nauseating fashion which is okay if you're gunning for realism i suppose

i didnt play enough of the engineer to really judge, but the standard AA gun is fucking terrible.

support is probably the best class with awesome bipod machine guns and mortars, but i didnt get to play much of that either inbetween trying to desperately raise recon to the point where i get access to a bolt action rifle worth a shit.

some things about bf3 are really fucking cool - pretty much everything else makes me want to uninstall the game and stick with bfbc2. i very rarely see terrain/wall deformation unless you're on seine crossing or firestorm or something, which is really sad since i think that would add a lot more to the game. the pistol running animations are probably the best part of the game hands down, though.

i was expecting a whole lot more. i'm glad i didn't spend my own money on this tripe. maybe it'll grow on me, though i honestly doubt it.

oh, it runs pretty much without a hitch on my rig at ultra with everything maxed, but it is prone to this fucking HORRIBLE stutter on some maps which renders it nearly unplayable regardless of graphics settings. i hear this is a common issue so i hope it gets fixed soon
That Metro server is probably the biggest of your problems. Well, at least in my opinion it's the single worst map in BF3.
Although, I don't understand what you mean by it being difficult to tell when you've been hurt. I mean, it kind of shows all over the screen in form of blurriness for a while, or everything going greyscales when you've been hurt a lot. ?____?
Or is that something that only happens on hardcore servers ?
Remco32
Yay colours

Zelmarked
laport
Double XP event this weekend!

What: Double XP event to celebrate the launch of Battlefield 3: Close Quarters
When: 00:01 AM PDT June 16th – 11:59 PM PDT June 17th
Formats: All
Criteria: All players, both Premium and non-Premium members
Servers: Any ranked server
Game modes: Any
Maps: Any (including base game, Back to Karkand, and Close Quarters)
What: Double everything!

Wait! What time does the event start where I live?
Consult this handy chart!
Los Angeles: 00:01 June 16
London: 8:01 AM June 16
Stockholm: 9:01 AM June 16
Tokyo: 4:01 PM June 16

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ne ... 220020096/
Zelmarked
Gun game is fun.

Spring in my backspace is wearing out. Razor products are s*.
laport

Zelmarked wrote:

Gun game is fun.

Spring in my backspace is wearing out. Razor products are s*.
maybe you make too many mistakes for their standards