forum

Searching for Criticism

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Prisinence
Hey there!

Apologies in advance if I put this in the wrong place.. So I'm new to the map making scene, and was wondering if anyone could look at what I have now and give me some criticism. I know I probably shouldn't be making beatmaps that are harder than what I can currently play since I can't exactly test them.. But I had a friend of mine test it out for me, and they said that they actually enjoyed it. It just wasn't very "polished." I wend through and cleaned it up, but I would like to ask you all for your opinions as well. I looked around and heard that newer beatmappers who go about it the way I have been end up wasting a lot of time, especially when trying to get one of their first maps ranked.

(tl;dr) All I'm really asking for is some constructive criticism. I want you guys to tear apart the map I have made so far, and tell me what you think is wrong or right with it. I would really appreciate it!

MAP: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/692354#osu/1465014
Endaris
I left you two suggestions on the beatmap discussion page ;)

Your worries have proven themselves true though as this is not the correct place to ask for feedback for your map.
Try to ask more people for testplays and criticism. You can ask in #modhelp for example (although there are some really weird people) and generally ask your way around.
There is also the option to ask for mods in the Modding Queues but I think it's a bit early for that ;)
Topic Starter
Prisinence
Thank you so much! I had honestly been trying to figure out how to change the grid size, but for whatever reason decided to not look into in further.. I've gone through and changed things a bit, and will be polishing things a bit more now that I know how to make edits more precise. And I'll check out modhelp once I get the chance. Again, thank you so much!