forum

Keyboard For osu!mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Snagglepup
I recently ordered a Razer Ornata and was wondering whether any-other people here have one and how it is for osu!
ReTLoM
Ducky YOTM i bought it because its Ducky <3 and all my Duckys where durable as hell :) (Brown Keys)
Full Tablet
The Razer Ornata is a membrane keyboard with tactile/audial feedback that simulates a regular mechanical keyboard switch (the actuation is still done by pressing the membrane, instead of the metal contact).

Membrane keyboards aren't considered by most players very good for osu!mania, the membrane quickly changes its feeling with time and use, and you need to bottom out the key to make sure the keypress is detected (as opposed to a mechanical keyboard, where you just need to press ~2mm to make a keypress, so the keypress is detected even though you didn't press the key all the way down).

At the same price of the Razer Ornata, you could have gotten a real mechanical keyboard. There are some people who like some kinds of membrane keyboards (ones with scissor switches mostly).
Bobbias
I play on laptops with scissor switches. The advantage of scissor switches is the low travel distance to bottom out. You can play on any keyboard, even at high skill levels, so dont think that you're handicapped by your kb or anything. Like skins, kbs really just come down to what works best for you. Different switches have different travel distances, actuation points, stiffness and such, but none of those things will suddenly make you a better player. I have a ducky with mx reds, and while I got kinda used to it for 4k, 7k felt WRONG after years of playing on laptops.
Hotaru-
I'm currently using NYK - KM09 TKL Mechanical keyboard with Kailh Blue switch.. ( coz my keyboard laptop already broken )
Well for the peformance it self its not really heavy as Most Blue switch have, and also not really recomended for 7K coz the keycaps is really high ( for me ).