forum

Add built-in mp3 editor [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EvaRia
I just thought it would be nice to be able to do simple things like like cutting or fading the mp3 file, or joining multiple mp3 files in the Beatmap Editor.
Since it already has a pretty comprehensive timing system it could make making maps containing multiple songs (Like some of the Medleys/Compilations) a bit easier.
It would also save time if you want to cut the mp3 down to make it shorter, since you can just, say, select the beat you want it to start fading out from and make it fade to another beat.

Note I'm not really an experienced mp3 editor so I don't know how useful this would be, but I think it could be helpful to at least some people.
Carlos
Audacity, an "Easy to use" and Free audio editor developed by some people. http://audacity.sourceforge.net
winber1
ok bro, this was definitely a worthwhile necro...
Archangel Tirael
mp3 editor? No... Not support. I want build-in mp3 compressor.
James2250
I am pretty sure 99% of osu knows about Audacity so it's really not worth bumping a 9+ month old thread to mention it.

Anyway I do agree that there really isn't much point to adding more mp3 editing tools to osu! when there are perfectly good programs for it (and only takes a few seconds extra to run them) so going to deny this.

If you can think of any minor things that other mp3 editors can't easily do for you, then it's fine to make a suggestion about those.
Archangel Tirael

James2250 wrote:

I am pretty sure 99% of osu knows about Audacity
What is it? I do't know about this thing.
PROGUY

Archangel Tirael wrote:

James2250 wrote:

I am pretty sure 99% of osu knows about Audacity
What is it? I do't know about this thing.
Here.

Rock Forever wrote:

Audacity, an "Easy to use" and Free audio editor developed by some people. http://audacity.sourceforge.net
Archangel Tirael
Wow. Thanks. Useful software. ;)
Full Tablet
Editing .mp3 files with Audacity causes audio quality degradation (because it has to convert the .mp3 to an uncompressed waveform to edit and then convert again to .mp3, each time a song is reconverted to .mp3 there is some degradation).
HakuNoKaemi

James2250 wrote:

I am pretty sure 99% of osu knows about Audacity so it's really not worth bumping a 9+ month old thread to mention it.

Anyway I do agree that there really isn't much point to adding more mp3 editing tools to osu! when there are perfectly good programs for it (and only takes a few seconds extra to run them) so going to deny this.

If you can think of any minor things that other mp3 editors can't easily do for you, then it's fine to make a suggestion about those.
uhm,

mp3's offset is different program from program.
try opening an mp3 with audacity, audition, acid pro, osu!, etc.