forum

Accuracy & Plays

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Octopus_old_1
I really like osu! but I really sucked when I first started playing. So my accuracy suffered. Now that I know about the game, and how it works, I want to have better accuracy listed on my account. I don't know if its possible to get better accuracy with all the plays I have so far. (1000+)

On the songs I play I get +0.01% to +0.11% accuracy added to account on a great run. Is that normal?

Is it still possible for me to get say.. 90% accuracy if I keep doing what I'm doing? Or would I be better off just starting a new account?

Thanks for reading,

- Kyle
Jalatiphra
of course its possible.
just play more maps.. the impact on your global accuracy from those old maps you played when you were bad over time decreases, because they are only a small proportion of all the maps you played.

on the other hand you can try to improve bad accuracy maps.. thats what iam doing atm.. got me 0.4% alreay ;P
Topic Starter
Octopus_old_1

Jalatiphra wrote:

of course its possible.
just play more maps.. the impact on your global accuracy from those old maps you played when you were bad over time decreases, because they are only a small proportion of all the maps you played.

on the other hand you can try to improve bad accuracy maps.. thats what iam doing atm.. got me 0.4% alreay ;P
Haha thanks a lot:)

I decided I'll keep my account, and take your advice. Grats on the +0.4% ^^

Thanks again, it means a lot coming from someone rank 14!
Sakura
On another note, making another account is a bannable offense, so dont do it
Winshley
In fact, you can reclaim back 100% Accuracy by playing on the beatmap you used to have low accuracy and then improve it up to SS.

I'll give you a starter on raising your Accuracy: I noticed on your recent plays that you got C on IOSYS - RE:Usatei [Normal]. Try improvise yourself on getting better Accuracy on the beatmap and you'll get a surprising result. ;)

I personally am trying to get 100% Accuracy back, and I already reached 99.95% Accuracy right now (I used to have about 85% Accuracy back when I first started). I only left with just one beatmap I only S'd, and I'm still trying to get SS there. :P
those
If you knew math at all, you should know that a steady flow of high entries would increase the mean.
silmarilen

Winshley wrote:

In fact, you can reclaim back 100% Accuracy by playing on the beatmap you used to have low accuracy and then improve it up to SS.

I'll give you a starter on raising your Accuracy: I noticed on your recent plays that you got C on IOSYS - RE:Usatei [Normal]. Try improvise yourself on getting better Accuracy on the beatmap and you'll get a surprising result. ;)

I personally am trying to get 100% Accuracy back, and I already reached 99.95% Accuracy right now (I used to have about 85% Accuracy back when I first started). I only left with just one beatmap I only S'd, and I'm still trying to get SS there. :P
nice play count to ranked score ratio you have, and i thought mine was high already :P
Topic Starter
Octopus_old_1

Sakura Hana wrote:

On another note, making another account is a bannable offense, so dont do it
I didn't know this, thank you. :)

Winshley wrote:

Wow you have epic accuracy! Thanks a lot for the advice :) I'll work on getting my maps up to S/SS then from there.. SS them all! That's going to take a while but that's the challenge. ^^

Thanks Winshley, and nice work on upping your accuracy too! ^^

those wrote:

If you knew math at all, you should know that a steady flow of high entries would increase the mean.
I understand that. It's just it's going so slow I wasn't sure what was needed to be done to get the highest increase.

I used to play hard/insane maps with no fail and that's when my accuracy got hurt the most. I shouldn't of played those maps because I should have learned the basic mechanics, before I challenge myself. Now that I got the basics down, I was gradually challenging myself and sometimes taking big steps to test myself. The accuracy was going up so slow though, I thought in my early days of osu! that ruined my future, lol.

Winshley has proven that getting SS's on all the beatmaps you have played can get you back to 100% ^.^

Thanks everyone for the replies. <3
lolcubes
Yeah, avoid nofail if you intend to keep high accuracy. Also, if you think the approach circles are too slow, try using hard rock. In my case where I had to correct my old scores on normal maps, it helped greatly.
Winshley

lolcubes wrote:

Yeah, avoid nofail if you intend to keep high accuracy.
I learned that after I somehow played an Insane map that is completely out of my limit right now, using that mod. (Thank goodness it's not one of TAG beatmaps)

I had to do this... =_=;;

The ending DJPop-style streams is always killing me. :lol:
bwross
More than a third of my ranked score in osu! mode is from going around fixing my accuracy (it's still not great, but it's not as embarrassing as it used to be). Fixing plays with low percentages is the most effective way to get things moving... playing a new map isn't as effective (the thing being that you've also increased the denominator). Not that you should stop playing new maps (or play lower difficulty maps from a set to help offset a bad performance), but if you want to get things going, sort your maps by rank and start by getting rid of any Ds and Cs, then work forward into the Bs looking for good opportunities. For really difficult maps where you have a really horrid performance, you might be able to play it with Half Time and still score better (especially if you No Failed it the first time) which might improve your accuracy by a ton.
Topic Starter
Octopus_old_1
Thanks everyone for the advice:) My accuracy has been going up! I'm at ~90% now, which makes me happy. ^.^